BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2001 BMW 530i runs great, others want to pee on the parade

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  AK_5eries 
#1 ·
2001 BMW 530i runs great looks great but..

My wife was lsitening to someone at her job, who she says has money and had at least one BMW... and was telling my wife it is very expensive to keep the BMW maintained. Now my wife gets a little freaked and tells me she really wanted a hybrid.. which I don't. I am happy with the BMW,, I want to give it a chance and enjoy it...

I just think that some people had a bad experience, or that they never did any DIY jobs and took it to the dealer for everything,, which I could then understand soemone saying it costs alot. I am a DIY and will do what I can..., but the car is fine, and anything that it needs is all in the future, of course no one knows the future...

I really think that if we keep care of it, it will keep good care of us. Also, I filled the gas tank, with premium, and the wife says don't spend extra on gas, save a couple bucks... and I told her, it's a premium gas car, and that's what I am putting in,, it's not worth a couple bucks to ruin a good engine..

I can see that there are people who just want to pee on the parade..
:thumbdwn:

See less See more
#4 ·
FWIW, the Pious battery has been shown to last in excess of 150k. No matter how you slice it, the car has proven to be bulletproof, if not exciting.

Give credit where credit is due.

#5 ·
I give no credit whatsoever to the makers of the prius. It pollutes more than a normal car before it even leaves the factory. The mileage isnt even that great. They had civics in the late nineties that got 50mpg and now they have turbodeisels that are even better. There is a special place in hell for the creator of the hybrid, right next to the inventor of leaded gas. Sorry OP for the rant.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using BimmerApp mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.