BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Msport badge locations on my new 35im

3K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  lbjgh 
#1 ·
I just bought a vermilion red x3 msport and I'm looking around for some extra things to put on it. What are some of your opinions about putting a m badge on the grille since they are already everywhere else.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#7 ·
m badge looks tacky on a non-M car

#8 ·
Way I see it when it comes to putting an M badge on a non-M:

-most people don't know/care what an "M" is in the first place so it does nothing to change the perceived value/coolness/etc.

-people who do know what an "M" is, know enough that the vehicle is not an "M", thus reducing the driver to appear as a poseur.

#9 · (Edited)
Some may give you a hard time. However if you like it put it on. You paid for the Msport options so place one more where you want. Placing an X5M on a standard X5 is a poseur. Placing an M3 on a standard 3 is a poseur. Placing an M5 and fake exhausts on a 528 is a blatant liar. Every enthusiast knows there's not an X3M and you're not placing it on the rear anyway. You're not trying to deceive anyone. I think it would be subtle and fine. On the bottom grill would be even more subtle in my opinion. I stuck my BMWCCA logo underneath. Your car to tweak as you see fit.

#12 ·
Looking at the title of this thread, I should point out to the OP that he does not have a 35iM, there is no such thing yet. There is a world of difference between a 35iM and a 35i with M-Sport. Having said that, its your car, you can put anything you want on it, but if you want to mod you with good taste, skip the M badges.

#13 ·
With the M-Sport pkg they added M badge to the wheels, why not adding M Sport in the back of the trunk lol

#17 ·
Much like Mercedes' AMG package, BMW is over using the M logo and cheapening it. Its fine that they think the M logo can attract buyers, but in the end, all they are doing to selling out the M logo that is once a symbol for BMW's ultra high performance engineering division.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.