BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

how would to word ad for BMW with M-Tech Suspension package?

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  540 M-Sport 
#1 ·
I wondered about how the M-Tech factory suspension is worded on the invoice from when the car was new, and how to word the feature in a sale ad. Factory suspension package and M-Tech steering wheel. :dunno:

it is the BMW 530i. Factory M-Tech suspension, steering wheel, etc. I am not sure if it has any aerodynamics that are different then the 530i without the suspension package. I know it is stiffer and lower suspension. I don't have a BMW model without this stuff to compare the with/without differences.

I now there are lots of forums with info that state info about sport packages, etc. The invoice and VIN for this car only show what I have stated as far as suspension, steering wheel, etc... it says nothing about sport package.

It also has the Steptronic auto trans, 16" wheels, Smokers package, etc. I am just wondering if I can ask the questions about this stuff in this 2001 BMW E39 forum. I don't mean for this to be an ad, I am asking about the features and how to write them without being wrong or misleading. I feel that someone that has even less knowledge may ask me something to which I don't want to give the wrong answer.
Thanx

See less See more
#8 ·
Your 2001 530i has the Sport Package. It is not a single line item on the build sheet, but rather it lists the individual components such as the M-Technic sport steering wheel, M-Technic sport suspension, shadowline trim and the 17 x 8.0 cross spoke bolted ll alloy wheels (aka Style 42) and 235/45R 17 performance tires. If you have 16" wheels/tires, then they were switched at some point. Look at your spare wheel/tire. It should look like the attached photo. If not, then all 5 wheels/tires were switched.

It most likely also has the Premium Package, and if your passenger seat is powered, then you also have the Convenience Package offered that year. If it has heated seats and the headlight cleaning system, then it has the Cold Weather Package. Those are the four basic packages that were offered that year from the factory.

The items such as smokers package were standard. To my knowledge, there were no aerodynamic package offerings from the factory that year.

You could indicate which packages it has and the 5 speed steptronic transmission as the basis for your ad. I assume you would include color, interior, mileage, and any maint. you have completed.

Attachments

#6 ·
Word it like your title? Make sure the perspective buyers know its not an M car or anything just let them know its got the m technic suspension and the sports trim. Don't over sell it like the craigslist idiots.

#9 · (Edited)
Have done the private party rodeo a few times, and I've owned that car -- 2001. Nice ride.

Suggestion - two different ads. One for us crazies, using every specific BMW term, for example your car isn't silver its Titanium, etc. and so forth.

Then another version for the general public, listing all the mundane stuff in normal language. One thing I'd include in both versions is language from a Bimmer magazine Buyer Guide that called the 530 Sport the perfect E39. Search and ye shall certainly find somewhere here on the forum. That should get some prospect's blood pumping.

Need to figure out your wheel issue -- don't want an enthusiast coming to see the car expecting the beautiful stock Style 42s, and seeing 16s. Auto also hurts you with the enthusiast crowd.

If helpful, here's my ad from 2011. Maintenance, more documented maintenance and patience will get you your number. If you don't have either, it's a crapshoot:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532524&highlight=

#11 · (Edited)
Sport steering wheel with aftermarket cover. Those are BMW wheels, but not the sport wheels it should have come with. Looks like the door seal needs to be replaced, I see duct tape holding it down? ;) You might want to invest in $90 and 15 minutes and replace the door seal, it really improves that "first impression" to the seller that the car is well cared for.
Nice car, I love the color.

#12 ·
it's not held down by tape, there is a bad spot on the molding, and the tape is to prevent it from being touched and torn more. but it solid It could be replaced or injected with sealer, in that one worn spot..... I just put it over the small hole in the rubber molding. I cannot put any more money in, selling it. I have too much in already with too many new parts. In person a person can see how good condition everything is in. hard to show in photos. But every dime I put in is thrown away at this point. Gotta sell it, have payments on a new Hybrid. My health is really bad, and cannot go on with car maintenance of any type. I can't tell you anything about the wheels, I bought it with 16". Either way it's going to be sold.

#15 ·
.......Gotta sell it........... I can't tell you anything about the wheels, I bought it with 16". Either way it's going to be sold.
Were you able to determine what the spare wheel is the trunk? If it is still there, then your ad can indicate that a previous owner replaced the original four 17" wheels, but the original spare wheel/tire is in the trunk. When I bought my 528iA, it came with the same wheels you have on your car. I've since installed winter tires on them.

Good luck with the sale, and thank you for your sacrifice. It's never said enough to you guys.:thumbup:

#16 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.