BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2010 328xi SULEV Pricing

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  dawgcatching 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone can provide an opinion on this deal:
2010 328xi SULEV
13,900 miles
CPO
PREMIUM PKG -inc: Dakota leather seat trim, universal garage door opener, auto-dimming pwr folding exterior mirrors w/2-position memory, auto-dimming rearview mirror w/compass, pwr front seats w/4-way pwr lumbar, 2-position driver seat memory, BMW Assist w/4-year subscription, Bluetooth interface, pwr tilt/slide glass moonroof (REQ: ZVP Value Pkg) (ZPP)
VALUE PKG -inc: iPod & USB adapter, Dakota leather seat trim, heated front seats (N/A w/ZCW Cold Weather Pkg) (ZVP)
6-SPEED STEPTRONIC AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION -inc: normal, sport & manual shift modes (205)
HEATED STEERING WHEEL (N/A w/ZMP M Sport Pkg) (248)
SPLIT FOLD-DOWN REAR SEATS (465)
DVD-BASED NAVIGATION SYSTEM -inc: 16:9 screen format, voice command system, real time traffic info, iDrive system w/high-function on-board computer, controller w/force feedback (w/639-inc: Online information services) (609)
SATELLITE RADIO -inc: (1) year subscription (655)

$32,300

See less See more
#2 ·
My car has no NAV, no heated wheel, no fold-down rear seats, no premium package and the residual after 36 months and 30000 miles is $26k.

That said, $32k for that equipment and mileage is a bit high I think. Somewhere between $26k and $29k would be more realistic I think. There's still a high demand for used cars with low mileage, so the market value could be higher than I suspect.

#3 ·
I think thats a bit high, you can get a similar used 2012 for about 34k. If you can get down to 28-29k, that sounds better. 30 is ok if you really want it and it has everything you want.

#4 ·
28-29k??

You guys are really seeing cars with less than 20K miles with Navigation and Premium Package selling this low? Where? This price is from a dealer. Were the residuals in 2010 rediculously high? This was a lease turn-in and is immaculate. I offered then $29,500 and they insist they have more into the car and $32,300 is their bottom line. I cant believe the car is worth less than $30K.

Also show me where you are getting a 2012 for 34K?

#8 ·
You guys are really seeing cars with less than 20K miles with Navigation and Premium Package selling this low? Where? This price is from a dealer. Were the residuals in 2010 rediculously high? This was a lease turn-in and is immaculate. I offered then $29,500 and they insist they have more into the car and $32,300 is their bottom line. I cant believe the car is worth less than $30K.

Also show me where you are getting a 2012 for 34K?
yeah, that was exactly what I ran into. I offered $27.5, they came down eventually to $28.5 after some back and forth over several days. Definitely the 328xi is not a car that is lacking potential buyers, at least not around here. They had 5 CPO's on their lot 2 weeks ago, now they are down to 1. I almost bought the 2011, but it was kind of stripped down, even with low miles, didn't seem like it was worth paying $4k more for.

I would also like to know where to find a 2012 for $34k.

#5 ·
The residuals in 2010 were ridiculously high. %60 or there-abouts. I don't think my 2010 is worth $26k in the real world. I suppose this is going to come down to what the used car demand is like in your market and how willing you are to negotiate. I'd go into it looking for $27k and meet them half way.

#6 ·
2011 328xi

There are 2011's with same options + 17" wheels going for $32 to $35K. One black on black with 7K miles. I assume if I can get this car for about $32-$33 I would be doing OK here in New England. CPO also which is amazing for so little miles on an 11.

#7 ·
I just purchased the same car, but a 2009 CPO, with 27k miles, and a really nice red coral interior, and got it for $28.5. Looking around at all the other dealers in the area, it definitely was a good deal. Then again, the xi has lots of demand in this area. I could have purchased a private party 2009 328i with 19k miles for only $20,000, because nobody wants those around here. It would have needed to be re-tired, and then a warranty purchased to compare apples to apples, as well as a couple of small dings fixed, which would bring the price up to $25,000.

Your car seems like a good deal. They had a pretty basic 2011 fleet 328xi with 5k miles and snow tires at the dealer, and wouldn't budge from $33k. I haven't seen anything lower.

Where are you guys seeing these smoking prices? Down here in Cali, where I am currently visiting, prices are even steeper!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.