BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Powdercoated 313's?

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  rdkind62 
#1 ·
Anyone have good pix of powdercoated 313's on a 335is (preferably silver convertible)?

I went to tirerack.com to see if I could get a good visual of powdercoated 313's on the e93, but didn't see them there.

#2 ·
That's because 313s are OEM wheels. TireRack sells aftermarket wheels

#3 ·
makes perfect sense. is there another site that might have a tire/wheel configurator that i could see what powder coated 313's might look like on my e93?

#5 ·
Thanks Surf, but I'm not entirely sure if those are 313's or not.

I'm trying to decide if I want shiny or flat/matte black powdercoating.

#6 ·
Those look like 313s to me

#7 ·
Frankly, I don't get powdercoating 313s, at least in black, unless they've already been through refurb or are otherwise damaged. They are diamond cut by BBS. Part of their beauty is those sharply cut angles. Powdercoating obscures that. It also says to me, "hey, I have damaged 313s."

#8 ·
313's are not really that shiny to begin with because they are kind of a gun metal grey color and not a shiny chrome. Putting powder coat or otherwise making them look black obscures the entire look of the wheel. You might just as well get and old steel wheel and put it on there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.