BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Just had my aux input installed yesterday

10K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  Reesh ///M 
#1 · (Edited)
I am so glad I had it installed. I can now listen to my Youtube playlist or anything as from any smart phone. 60 for cable 157.23 for install and programming. I am a regular so I think that helped out a lot as far as pricing goes.

#3 ·
Remember that dealers are independent so cost varies all over the place. You can do the install yourself and then just have them program it. There is a DIY I believe on do the AUX cable install. You can save yourself some funds.

#4 · (Edited)
I live in Charlotte NC area. I was very lucky to have found a great Indy. Not only did he charge me less he let me watch the entire process from taking the dash apart to actual programming. After watching him I recommend you do it your self. You still need to have your car re-programmed. I was fearful about damaging anything. I love my car to much...:). It took about ten minutes to dismantle and two hours for programming. It updated all of my software too. That was the best part. BCH Import of Charlotte.

#20 ·
When I went to my dealer they told me the same thing - couldn't be done on a 2006. I went online and found the installation instructions from BMW which say that you can. I showed the document to the dealer and they said ok 2 hours labor. I pointed out that BMW says 1 hour. The SA went to the service manager and came back with 1.5 hours. I opted not to have it done. Later went to an Indy who said they could do it in an hour no problem.
Haven't scheduled it yet.

#25 ·
It is sad to say that the dealers know less than us owners. But this is not try the first time, for some reason the 6 series is a mystery. They tell people things like the Comfort Access remote requires recharging which it does not. I even had one try to tell me that.

The Aux In retrofit requires both the hardware AND coding. The junk part about this is that once you know how to code you realize it only takes about 5 minutes. The hardware portion is longer, but they do try to make the coding sound like it is a big ordeal.

Attached is the full install instructions from BMW for the Aux-In retrofit kit.

Attachments

#30 ·
My dealer charge well over $800 for that. Luckily my car has one. A good advise for car owner in SoCal, every dealer under the name "South Bay" stay away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.