BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The 4 Series...new math???

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  tturedraider 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
This is nothing new... A5 more money that A4. Coupe has always been more (at least through the E90 generation). It is a low volume car by comparison, and is attracting a different kind of buyer.

#3 ·
I appreciate your point...a good one...except that the A4 was always and only a sedan, whereas the 3 Series came in both sedan and coupe versions. There's nothing wrong with BMW wanting to capitalize on panache, I just hope that the 4 Series results in more than a re-badged 3 Series coupe.

#6 ·
THIS. If they go nuts and make the 4 series (435/440) cost in the mid 60's as some predict then you will see people who can afford anything they want bump up to the 640i for 75-80k and get a much nicer car. We shall see if BMW screws this one up or not.

#10 ·
Sources are saying expect a $2500.00 price hike for the F32, if correct, that sounds reasonable, because historically the coupe offered standard features that came are options on the F30.
And it will be considerably more for the 'vert as has historically been the case. The 4-series 'vert and the C7 Vette 'vert will probably be around the same price.

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.