BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Escaped a potentially HUGE Ticket and Jail in LA

19K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  RCK 
#1 ·
On the way back to Texas

Doing over 110mph in the Carpool Lane, driving alone, with obvious mods, and was let go without a ticket.

Guess the officer liked my sticker scheme!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
How this is something to be proud of, I don't know.

To my understanding, and I could be wrong, but I don' think the Los Angeles County Sheriffs have jurisdiction on the freeways. They can pull you over and give you a verbal warning, but I don't think they can write you a ticket without the CHP being involved.

#3 ·
Wrong. an LA county sherif can pull over anyone they want they have the right anywhere period. I live right next to PCH highway 1 and there is no CHPs here just sherifs and they give out tickets all the time. But of course it could be because it's Highway 1 aka PCH instead of a major freeway.

As for the other guy that got away, I'm glad you made it! and got out of a ticket:)

#5 ·
When the LA County Sheriff pulls you over on a highway, you must have really been doing something stupid :rofl:

How do you see out of your rear window with all those stickers? :yikes::tsk:

Oh and what exactly did you do that would warrant jail time? :dunno:

#14 ·
No one has noticed here that Car pool lanes are restricted Mon-Fri and not on weekends at least in my part of California. So, the guy skated only on speed and not the lanes.
Speeding in busy urban areas is pretty much a slam dunk for a ticket!! :confused:

#15 ·
Pretty sure you have to have at least one passenger with you to be in the carpool lanes at all times, anywhere in LA County. Only exceptions I know of are: a hybrid with the stickers and a part of the 14 freeway. The pictures posted by the OP do now look like the 14 freeway.

#21 ·
I'm not sure if any sworn peace officer in the state can write tix anywhere in the state. AFAIK, to write an appropriate ticket, it must be written on the proper paperwork stating which court to appear at. For example, a San Francisco police officer will not have a the proper paperwork to write a ticket in L.A.. What he can do is detain the person and call for local authorities to come and write ticket/arrest the person.

The general breakdown of authority in California is:

City PD has jurisdiction throughout the city they are employed in.

County Sheriff has jurisdiction throughout the county they are employed in

CHP has jurisdiction throughout the state.

#19 ·
Why do you have a NM plate?

#22 ·
I do not understand why you are "proud" of getting out of a ticket.

Getting out of a ticket going 70 in a 55 is one thing but going 110, that is just crazy.
Your not only going to hurt yourself one day, your gonna get someone else killed!

With that traffic in the background I doubt you where doing anything over 75!
If you were driving alone, who was taking the pictures? I do not see a car in front of you parked, or another behind the police officers. So I doubt you were alone.
Get a grip!

#25 ·
Just a quick thought, the area in the photo is the Rosecrans exit on the 405 freeway just south of LAX airport. Wishfull thinking if you believe anybody can do over 45 mph during the daytime thru that section of freeway. Worse yet that someone would brag about it.:thumbdwn:

#28 · (Edited)
IIRC, in the movie Super Troopers...the Highway Patrol didn't like it when the police/sheriff pulled people over on the highway.
I wonder if that's a myth? Man that was a funny movie :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.