BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New Credit App with Active BMWFS account

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Vitacura 
#1 ·
So I lease X5 6 months ago and I got 3 separate hits on my credit - BMW dealer, BMWFS and another third party Credco something.

Now I'm trying to lease another BMW. Do I need new credit application?

I'm afraid it's going to be another 2-3 hits on my credit.

Any easy way to do this? Should I call BMWFS directly? I have active BMWFS account. I guess they are monitoring my overall credit on reoccurring basis like other credit card company does.

Thanks for the advice!

#2 ·
So I lease X5 6 months ago and I got 3 separate hits on my credit - BMW dealer, BMWFS and another third party Credco something.
You didn't get three separate hits on your credit, you got one "hit" because they were related and within a 30-day period. Besides, the "hits" you're talking about for inquiries is very low for that type of inquiry. The same thing applies when you're shopping for a mortgage to either buy a new home or refinance your current mortgage. Even if you have inquiries from four or five separate financial institutions they count as one "hit" because they're related and within a 30-day period.

Now I'm trying to lease another BMW. Do I need new credit application?
Yes.

I'm afraid it's going to be another 2-3 hits on my credit.
One "hit."

Any easy way to do this? Should I call BMWFS directly? I have active BMWFS account. I guess they are monitoring my overall credit on reoccurring basis like other credit card company does.
No, you can't call BMWFS directly because they're not licensed as a retail bank. They can't grant you a loan or lease directly. You contract with the dealer and then the dealer assigns the contract to BMWFS. They purchase the contract from their customer, the dealer. :)

#3 ·
You didn't get three separate hits on your credit, you got one "hit" because they were related and within a 30-day period. Besides, the "hits" you're talking about for inquiries is very low for that type of inquiry. The same thing applies when you're shopping for a mortgage to either buy a new home or refinance your current mortgage. Even if you have inquiries from four or five separate financial institutions they count as one "hit" because they're related and within a 30-day period.

Yes.

One "hit."

No, you can't call BMWFS directly because they're not licensed as a retail bank. They can't grant you a loan or lease directly. You contract with the dealer and then the dealer assigns the contract to BMWFS. They purchase the contract from their customer, the dealer. :)
Thanks Ninong for the clarification! appreciate it! I can fill in new credit app, no problem.

Due to work travel, I can't take delivery till Oct 12th. If I fill in credit app now, will I be locked into current numbers?
Will I have option to go with next months number if the numbers (MF/Residual) improves next month. Btw this is for 2015 3 series, sitting on lot.

#6 ·
By 'hit' you mean impact on score. FICO score modeling will count them as one inquiry if coded the same (auto loan), however on a manual review they will show up as separate credit inquiries. Some dealerships like to pull credit themselves and then submit to BMWFS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.