BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Delivery of 2016 M 235 Xi

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  olehead 
#1 ·
AFter a couple of months the new M235xi arrived - Not being one that believes in soft break-ins - We put it thru its paces last night - Some twisty back roads and a couple of straight runs - short spurts and some hard cornering - This is one great little car - cannot wait to get some miles on at and take it to the Dragway - First BMW with a light interior and I love it with the metallic black - Last it drives like a old school BMW ABOUT TIME!!!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Congrats, it sure is an amazing car!

#7 ·
First thing I did was install a AFE cold air intake - the stock intakes are very restrictive - little louder - but that is ok - We will be going to the Dragway next weds before it closes- will do a couple of runs - just to get a idea of the stock performance with the CAI - The DA at our track New England Dragway is good do to the low altitude and it will be cool - Next spring will decide on what type of tune to put on - If I had to guess, based on my knowledge of 1/4 mile times with my Mustang, the wife should run in the high 12 sec range without using launch control or pre-loading the turbo at the line - will report back later - It is one fun car to drive - when I get the chance LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.