BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

E36 bimmer on 22s

17K views 80 replies 31 participants last post by  bimmerbarbie 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is my friends 318i on 22s mostly everyone liked the car especially when he was trowing the airbags so much attention lol ha everyone just gather around...turning everyones head at the show since he arrived

See less See more
#17 ·
I'm pretty sure if asked what was the ugliest BMW at the show this would be up there. I know for a fact a lot of people that had cars in the show were "looking" at it just to see it's ridiculousness. We all watched 2 girls 1 cup not because we liked it and thought it was amazing...

#27 ·
A good point, however, the object of the hard work and time should have been focused on a different type of vehicle or shown at a different type of show, like a "Dub" show.

The modifications on that car were out of step with the 99% of the cars at Bimmerfest. Most of us are about performance enhancements not bling. The trophies that were brought and displayed were completely out of place. The funny thing is, that "Tony" just doesn't get it as evidenced by his starting this thread.

#35 ·
Bold of you to speak for the entire bimmer community.

Well I don't agree w/ all of you hating on his car. We all have different taste. Everyone including my self may think that should of been a honda civic etc but who cares?
It's not your car and that guy put so much money, time and energy into his car. The least you could do is respect him for the effort and love for his car. He loves his bmw just as much as we love ours.

p.s. I didn't get to see this car in person. So I didn't get a REAL close look either.
Werd.

#50 ·
No need for a multi-board poll - opinions on this very thread suggest there is an appreciation for the time, effort, love, etc. involved in that build :)
Why is Bimmerfest server running out of storage space? So who is speaking for the community now?

Let the people voice their opinion, most do not appear supportive of the vehicle.

#51 ·
Why is Bimmerfest server running out of storage space? So who is speaking for the community now?

Let the people voice their opinion, most do not appear supportive of the vehicle.
I don't disagree with Markseven about the appreciation for the time, effort, and love the guy put into the car.

I think we're all saying, though, that we don't like the end result. But I would suspect that a good number of us appreciate the work that went into it -- even if it's not something we would have wasted our time toiling on.

#29 · (Edited)
Well I don't agree w/ all of you hating on his car. We all have different taste. Everyone including my self may think that should of been a honda civic etc but who cares?
It's not your car and that guy put so much money, time and energy into his car. The least you could do is respect him for the effort and love for his car. He loves his bmw just as much as we love ours.

p.s. I didn't get to see this car in person. So I didn't get a REAL close look either.

#30 · (Edited)
It's not your car and that guy put so much money, time and energy into his car. The least you could day is respect him for the effort and love for his car. He loves his bmw just as much as we love ours.
I do agree with the others though.

Hey, I agree with you on on respect for the craftsmanship that went into the car, and the love for his car, however we are all entitled to not like it. If you want to liken it to art, there is a lot of modern artwork out there, also commanding big money that is grotesque, and I hate it also.

What can I say, I'm more of a traditionalist. The two nicest cars at the show were the two 3.0CSL, the orange and grey ones. The blue IND-distributing M3 was awesome too, (see the Autopies Bimmerfest top 20 list #1).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.