BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2000 328i grill

721 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Bimmer03e46 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello. I'm just wondering if anybody has had any problems with their grills on their 328i's. Falling out because the plastic clips breaking, ordering new parts that almost but don't quite fit, etc. Any suggestions or remedies?

I had the original one tied in there with some zip ties and I ordered some new ones. Supposedly they just pop right in there but the clips didn't fully line up with the ones in the hood. They are exactly the same as the old ones...

By the way thanks for letting me vent a little, it's just that, while the engine runs really well and there hasn't been too much problem with the big stuff, it's all the little things like the grill, the windows that stop rolling up or down, the trim falling off in places; things like that. I'd just like to know if there are other 2000328i owners out there who have had similar experiences.

#2 ·
Welcome to Bimmerfest! I've moved your question to the E46 3 series forum, you will get more help in here. You shouldn't have any trouble with new grills if you ordered new OEM ones. I know some of the aftermarket ones have only so-so fitment. If you have OEM replacements are you sure you got the right parts, there were some variations in the grills I believe.

Post other questions about your E46 328i in this forum to get the most help trouble shooting.

Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.