BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

OFFICIAL E46 Off Topic Thread

299K views 1K replies 154 participants last post by  meinbills 
#1 ·
Well, since every other section basically has one, I decided to make one for us. Anything goes!! :thumbup:

I have to go to work in an hour and I have to go to the post office :(

#969 ·
The 2006 330i is an E90, not an E46....totally different car. Try the E90 Forum for the best answers.

#972 ·
What are some good racing channels on YouTube? I'm already subscribed to 1320video, thatracingchannel, hightechcorvette and bayarearacing. I just want to see some Euro cars, whether they are BMWs or not. Doesn't matter if they are track videos or street races, cinematic stuff is cool too. Just want to mix stuff up a bit rather than watching the same Corvettes race the same R35 GT-Rs.

#977 ·
could someone help me please recently my bmw jumped a tooth or two the engine is fine done all the necessary tests compression ect is fine but the only way 2 change the timing chain is to remove the head why is this and why don't bmw make things easier as I knw your not supposed to change the chain they are supposed to last longer than the car

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#982 ·
Looks like a rolling ad for Pepto Bismol....:yikes:

("Willing to negotiate" :rofl: :rofl: Let`s HOPE so....)

#986 ·
Great video and great story about the Ferrari F40, which is just an incredible car. If you like bmw for a "connected" driving experience, the F40 is just the pinnacle. Plus 486 hp turbo. Plus amazing timeless looks. Minus any interior features beyond manual crank windows and a heater. The video is largely track footage and an interview with someone who has spent his life with Ferrari, and raced the F40 and he's STILL emotional about the experience of driving one. Anyway watch the video here:
http://jalopnik.com/the-ferrari-f40-was-the-ultimate-analog-car-1634975959

#987 · (Edited)
Anyone into Aquariums here?. I Just finished building mine for the entry way into my home. Still have to add the black background and the heater.

4 Barbs
8 Danios
3 Albino corys
1 Clown loach
1 saimese Algae eater

I do plan on getting rid of the clown loach ( returning him ). Getting 2 more barbs, 2 more corys, 8 neon tetra and 1 more algae eater.

#993 ·
Joke du Jour: "Daddy`s Call"....

"Hello?"

"Hi honey. This is Daddy. Is Mommy near the phone?"

"No Daddy. She's upstairs in the bedroom with Uncle Paul."

After a brief pause, Daddy says, "But honey, you haven't got an Uncle Paul."

"Oh yes I do, and he's upstairs in the room with Mommy, right now."

Brief Pause.

"Uh, OK then, this is what I want you to do. Put the phone down on the table, run upstairs, and knock on the bedroom door and shout to Mommy that Daddy's car just pulled into the driveway."

"OK Daddy, just a minute."

A few minutes later the little girl comes back to the phone.

"I did it, Daddy!"

"And what happened, honey?" he asked.

Well, Mommy got all scared, jumped out of bed with no clothes on, and ran around screaming. Then she tripped over the rug, hit her head on the dresser and now she isn't moving at all!"

"Oh my God! What about your Uncle Paul?"

"He jumped out of the bed with no clothes on, too! He was all scared and he jumped out of the back window and into the swimming pool. But I guess he didn't know that you took out the water last week to clean it. He hit the bottom of the pool and I think he's dead."

***Long Pause***

***Longer Pause***

"Daddy?"

***Even Longer Pause***

Then Daddy finally says, "Swimming pool? Is this 867-5309?"

#994 ·
First ever A&W Restaurant + Classic Cars?!?!

Classic Car show in my hometown. To make it even better; it's located in the parking lot of the very first A&W restaurant opened.

(A&W began in June 1919, at 13 Pine Street in Lodi, California, when Roy W. Allen opened his first root beer stand. Two years later, Allen began franchising the drink, arguably the first successful food-franchising operation.)

Photo Credit to the Lodi Police Department

https://twitter.com/LodiPolice/status/523937379095035904?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=LodiPolice&utm_content=523937379095035904

#995 ·
Joke du Jour: "The Starter`s Pistol"

A man was having problems with premature ejaculation, so he decided to go to the doctor.

He asked the doctor what could he do to cure his problem. In response the doctor said,

"When you feel like you are getting ready to ejaculate try startling yourself."

That same day, the man went to the store and bought himself a starter's pistol.

All excited to try this suggestion out, he runs home to his wife. Much to his delight, he discovers

his wife is in bed,naked.

As the two begin, they find themselves in the '69' position.

The man, moments later, feels the building urge to climax.

In order to startle himself, he fires the starter pistol.

The next day, the man went back to the doctor's office.

The doctor asked, "How did it go?"

"Not so good, doc. When I fired the pistol, my wife sh!t on my face, bit 3 inches off my penis

and the mailman came out of the closet with his hands in the air!"

#997 ·
Not for everyone, but just a "kid" working on his car. I watched the whole thing and I am pretty impressed, although the state of the car is just sad.
If I would find out the same about my car, the only reasonable thing to do would be curl up in the corner and cry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08_PpaeiQlA

#998 ·
I think I might be getting better at this. Two ~12AWG wires. Stripped both wires, pushed them in together wrapped around with wire, and soldered with 50W soldering iron.
Solder went through the wires.

Attachments

#999 ·
As long as the copper is clean (i.e., not oxidized), the rosin-core solder will penetrate pretty well into the stranded wire. Now....did you remember to slide a piece of shrink-tubing on one of those legs before soldering things up ? :D

Nice job ! :thumbup: :thumbup: