BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

100K maintenance warranty???

5K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  cvx5832 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2003 330CI Manual around 90K right now and reaching 100K not too far away... had it serviced around 85k, just oil change and a timing belt or some kind of belt. Also, what does this 100K covers by the way, besides brakes and oil change. Got the extended warranty from bmw dealership when my bro bought the car. I know that anything electrical is not covered because it is 100k Maintenance...my question is can I bring my car in and tell them to replace everything that is covered under the warranty right now when it is not service time yet.

#2 ·
First off extended maintenance and extended warranty are two different things. The BMW extended maintenance plan covers manufacturer recommended maintenance based on the car's service indicator system, so no you can't just go in and say you want them to take care of everything.

btw - your car does not have a timing belt.

#3 ·
Depends on what you have.

I have a 6yrs/100K Extended Service Warranty (3rd party) that covers everything on the car and I mean pretty much everything.

I also have a 6yrs/100K Maintenance Warranty that covers all the maintenance work needed such as oil changes, brakes, belts, Inspections I & II, ect....

I took my car in at 99,650 miles to have then perform the 100,000 scheduled maintenance and had the following things done:

* Changes all four O2 sensor

* Changed Spark Plugs

* I was going to have them replace the "lifetime" transmission fluid but it was already changes at 89K when they replace the Torque Convertor under my extended service warranty.

Also check your service record - to see about getting your brakes bleed and coolant flushed. (Brakes are every 2 years and coolant every 4 years from date of production if I recall correctly).

You could also try to get your fuel filter replace - I tried but they said it's not on the 100K scheduled maintenance list - actually it's not on any of the Inspections either - but it's only $45 for a new filter and takes about 20 minutes to change - pretty easy to do yourself also.

#7 ·
I also have a 6yrs/100K Maintenance Warranty that covers all the maintenance work needed such as oil changes, brakes, belts, Inspections I & II, ect....
Are belts included on the extended maintenance? My indy told me I need new belts - $220 (inc. labour). I have the BMW maintenance warranty though and thought belts are not covered! Please confirm! :dunno:

#5 ·
Well I have the Extended Service Warranty that covers anything that breaks

and

I have the extended Maintenance Service Warranty that covers schedule maintenance services.

I guess it should be called Extended Maintenance Service Coverage or just Extended Maintenance Service....

Either way - you can have both - but I still don't know whichh on the original OP has :dunno:

#10 · (Edited)
What PM items should IPerform at 100K on my E45?

My 2001 E46, standard shift is a hand-me-up from my daughter. It was built in Germany while she served in the AF. It has 102K miles and runs great. What preventive maintenance items should I perform at this time? My daughter met most scheduled maintenance items. Sine she moved all over the world, I can't recap what she had done and where. I'm a DIY type and have most tools needed. The water pump and thermostat and housing, serpentine belt are new. The plugs have not been changed. The car gets 28.9 MPG in-town. Suggestions welcome.

#11 ·
My 2001 E46, standard shift is a hand-me-up from my daughter. It was built in Germany while she served in the AF. It has 102K miles and runs great. What preventive maintenance items should I perform at this time? My daughter met most scheduled maintenance items. Sine she moved all over the world, I can't recap what she had done and where. I'm a DIY type and have most tools needed. The water pump and thermostat and housing, serpentine belt are new. The plugs have not been changed. The car gets 28.9 MPG in-town. Suggestions welcome.
A good start - Mike Miller's Maintenance Guide.

Welcome to the club.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.