BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Pittsburgh and Western PA Folks Heading to Bimmerfest

12K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  kaosweb 
#1 ·
Let me know if anyone is interested in a caravan down to Bimmerfest. I live in Kittanning and will be taking the quickest route down if anyone wants to join along the way. For anyone south of me (say Pittsburgh), we could meet at the Breezewood exit where we would hit 70 south to Baltimore. For anyone north or west of me, you are welcome to join me for the entire trip. Here is the route I take to Baltimore.

422 East which then turns into 22 East. I then take 220 South (99) all the way to the PA Turnpike which is around Bedford. Jump on the PA Turnpike and go East to Breezewood. This is a good meeting location for anyone in Western PA. From there you just take 70 South towards Baltimore. Breezewood is about the 1/2 way point for me.

Reply to this thread if you are interested.

Mr. Wolfe

#2 ·
I live in Altoona and I'm going down. I'd gladly meet you on I-99 somewhere.

#4 ·
Our caravan from Columbus Ohio is leaving at noon on Friday August 5th heading to Washington PA to pick up more cars. We will arrive in Washington around 3pm. We will then head straight to MD.

#6 ·
Looks like we will be going down 79 to 68 over to Columbia MD (where we are staying).

#8 ·
Yup. We could always just take 70/76 East from Washington and meet up with you guys then head South and get on 70. Yahoo maps shows it as less miles, but a little more time. No worries!

#9 ·
Sounds good. Let's try to make Breezewood the meeting location for anyone North and West if we can. I see there are registered people in Akron and I also have some friends from Akron coming so that could work as well for them. If you can and if it is convenient, let's just plan on maybe having lunch/dinner in Breezewood so if we are meeting other folks, at least we will be sitting down and in no big hurry. Breezewood is right around 2 hours from Baltimore FYI.

Mr. Wolfe

#10 ·
That works! We do have late dinner plans in MD with friends, but could easily do a snack waiting for everyone to gather in Breezewood. My email addy is:

T.hallman77 (at) yahoo (dot) com if that is easier to contact me.

Tim

#13 · (Edited)
5pm sounds about right......

Mr. Wolfe, could you please research a meeting spot in Breezewood? I would like to post it up on the M5board along with a few other boards so people know where we will be at 5pm....

Thank you!

#15 ·
The Ohio crew will be stopping here first to pick up additional cars from MI.

Friday, August 5th - 3pm
Sunoco
195 Murtland Avenue
Washington, PA

#17 ·
That looks perfect, I will spread the word! Thank you for taking the time to look that up......

#19 ·
For those staying near us, we are leaving for Bimmerfest on Saturday morning at 8:30am from our hotel.....

WE ARE LEAVING AT 8:30am, not MEETING at 8:30am. I might suggest being there at 8am.....

Courtyard Columbia
8910 Stanford Boulevard
Columbia, Maryland 21045 USA

Mr. Wolf, email received, will be replying shortly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.