#1 ·
Has any one replace their cats.
Universal or direct fit..
What price
Bosal?
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Bimmer App

#8 ·
#10 ·
Yeah ima aware of where those hoses are their not in a position to drop water on it. Gt my car diagnost by dealer and random shop.. every one said cats.. but code are p1145 & p1495..and i strongly think its the cats u can feel it holding back the car

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Bimmer App

#13 ·
I have the exact problem with one of my cats on my 2002 530i. It sounds like somebody is running a hammerdrill on a tile floor most of the time.

I even took it to a muffler shop (I know the owner) and we detected it on the 2nd bank (cyl 4-6) of cats. I live in Kalifornia, and just discovered that the CARB (California Air Resources Board) does not allow any aftermarket cats for my year and model. They do list aftermarket for a 2002 330i, but not mine. I have to buy an BMW one.:mad: The cheapest I could find one of the genuine BMW cats was for around $650! :mad: I'm thinking of just buying it and installing it myself, but I've no clue how hard this would be.

#15 ·
The sound is NOT the tinking when cooling, it is over every bump. The porcelain webbing has let loose and is rattling around inside. A swift hit from below with a fist and you can hear my china shop inside. Kinda embarrassing. A 1/4 inch hole with a drill then a nibbler and I can make a door to remove it. Then a nice SS wire bead and it's all back together. Can't imagine it would interfere with anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.