BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Convertible Window Issue

852 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  danieljd18 
#1 ·
Hi I have a 2004 325ci and someone had broken my front drivers side window. Ever since i got the window replaced the window no longer closes properly. When i shut the window the back side of the front drivers window sticks out too far and doesn't seat properly with the convertible top. I have been trying to figure out how to adjust this so it will lean in more and seal properly but can never seem to get it right. I usually have to roll down my back window and pull on the front window to get it to seat properly. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

In the picture posted you can see the gap in between the back window and the front window.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Search E46Fanatics. There's at least a couple guides and discussions there about pretension (the angle of the glass). Whoever took your window off didn't do the final step of adjusting pretension. According to BMW TIS, correct pretension is when the tip of the pane just touches the weather stripping when the door is on its first notch.

Good luck. And keep in mind those are practically hand tight at the specified 8Nm.

Print

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.