BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

<<<Bimmerfest's E46 Wiki>>> Read this before posting questions!

286K views 113 replies 66 participants last post by  Fast Bob 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is the Wiki for the E46:

What is a Wiki?

A "wiki" is a collective of knowledge that is editable by anyone. Please do not take this lightly: You all have the power to edit information that is there. Simply login with your bimmerfest login/password and hit the edit button. Please only add relevant information, make sure it is well organized, and make sure it's correct (alternatively, make corrections to incorrect data).

I plan on treating this E46 Wiki as a dynamic FAQ. I'd like it to become the #1 E46 resource on the 'net, replacing all 'sticky' threads, as well as adding all information that people typically ask (upgrades, maintenance, etc).

I'll slowly be moving the 'sticky' threads into the Wiki, so if you see a sticky disappear, that's where it went!

I'll try to develop a good structure/table of contents/formatting template there in the next few days that will make it easier for individuals to add content themselves.

Enjoy!
-Kris

See less See more
#2 ·
Is the login the same as our Bimmerfest user ID/password? I can't seem to login with my Bimmerfest info.

:dunno:

--J.

#5 ·
MediaWiki does actually allow for replacing the security it uses. I just logged into it using my account and another test vb account that I set up. I am not sure why some people would not be able to log in :dunno:

Can anyone else try it and let me know if it works for them?

#10 ·
Great job, Kris! (as always)

Couple of points:

-- Need to say up front that this pertains primarily to US-spec E46s (no 4 cyl, no Diesels, no Canadian 320i, etc.)

-- Warranty extension from BMWNA is available (with limitations); it is called the Original Owner Protection Plan and is, as the name implies, available only to original owners. I'll attach some info.

Attachments

#14 ·
"One Touch" Rear windows close (auto up) active
not active
Single strike function close rear door window
WILL NOT WORK ON SEDANS. SAFETY FEATURE. "
This does, in fact, work on my sedan. Always has. 03/2000 production 323i.

#21 ·
Hey Kris, the Wiki is AWESOME! I learnt so much .... my brain went into an overload.:D

I bought the Umnitza Predator Chromium (Blue) kit just now. It should be here by Friday and I also bought some Sylvania Silverstar White Halogen Lights too!! I plan to work on my car this weekend and will hopefully post some pictures on Monday...if it all goes well.

-Z

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.