BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

NY International Auto Show pics

9K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  The Roadstergal 
#1 ·
See less See more
#6 ·
Parump said:
Great pictures alee! The Nikon D100 appears to be an excellent camera, the skills of the photographer notwithstanding, of course. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks... the pics are only ok in my opinion. Convention center lighting and dealing with impatient people who won't let you take your pic kind of limits the quality. Maybe next year I'll find a way to get in on press day. :D

#14 ·
Did you catch a glimpse of the CTS-V?

#17 ·
Wow just checked out the Nikon D-100 spec.....it is one bad-arse camera........:yikes:
Let me guess.....you have at least 2 1GB CF card or microdrive with you to the show?? Don't think you will drag your notebook to the show just for downloading pic:dunno:

#18 ·
GTI said:
Wow just checked out the Nikon D-100 spec.....it is one bad-arse camera........:yikes:
Let me guess.....you have at least 2 1GB CF card or microdrive with you to the show?? Don't think you will drag your notebook to the show just for downloading pic:dunno:
1 Lexar 1GB 32x WA-enabled CF card
1 Lexar 512MB 24x WA-enabled CF card
1 Kingston 256MB CF card

Each pic is about 9MB in the original RAW form. :D

I am probably going to ditch the 2 smaller cards and get 2 more 1GB CF cards.

#20 ·
ObD said:
I guess this isn't vaporware after all.
It definitely isn't vaporware. Sirius had a very strong showing at the auto show, and had several demos running. The tight and neat integration with BMW's head unit make it VERY attractive.

You simply hit the mode button until the Sirius radio option comes up. SAT and INF will give you different bits of info on the station you're on.

#21 ·
alee said:
The tight and neat integration with BMW's head unit make it VERY attractive
Among one of many good features of the E46 is the head unit integration in the dash. They've been promising Sirius since '02 and Sirius has yet to make a profit so I've been dubious. Too bad they are going to funk it up with I-drive in the next 3-series design. :mad:

#25 ·
I think the trash can SUV was a product on one of those TV shows that tries to take a regular vehicle and basically rebuild it to do a specific task.

One of things they did was like a golf ball collecting cart and so on...

Obligatory link:
http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/monstergarage/episode/episode_01.html

Alee, without being too greedy, could get some shots of the new Mitsu Galant and Diamante.... I think those :asshole: s at Mitsubishi just decided to make the Diamante look like a freaking Satrun...

Also, do they let you into the cars at all? I noted you had a couple of interior shots.

Sorry man, we're living kinda vicariously through you.

Z

#26 ·
OBS3SSION said:
There are some sweet rides pictured there... and some nightmare I hope never to view again. What was that white SUV with the trashcan in the side?
This is from the Discovery Channel show Monster Garage, my son's favorite show.

Hopefully someone has a picuture or 2?

SteveH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.