BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2 weeks in with my Titanium X3 3.5i M-Sport

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  tyleraparker 
#1 ·
It's only been two weeks, but I am really enjoying the car. I am also happy that I ordered the Dynamic Handling Package. I wasn't able to find a car with it to test drive, but I ordered it based on reviews and forum comments. I have "Sport" set for chassis only, not needing the more aggressive transmission settings. It tightens the steering, and makes the car feel more planted with minimal impact on the ride quality. I am impressed with the option and I am surprised more people don't order it.

I also had the runflats removed (will put back on just before lease-end), replacing them with Continental DWS all-season tires. I decided I rather enjoy the car now with a higher performing tire. While the LS2s are nicer than my previous runflats, the change to the Continentals was quite noticeable. They not only have a nicer ride quality and are quieter, but also seem better planted. I also expect the The DWSs should be a good winter performer for the conditions we have here in CT. Overall, the car seems sportier and more nimble with the new tires. I am not sure it's the tires alone or the reduction in unsprung weight. Either way, I like the change, and find the positives far outweigh the convenience of having runflats.

Other thoughts include:
* Auto Start/Stop - My dealer wouldn't deliver the car changed to last user mode (they said they were unaware of bulletin for a x3 3.5). I am finding I really dislike the feature, finding in unnerving in more urban driving (especially when I forget to turn it off). I have an appointment this week for them to reprogram it. I am not sure what changed over the past two weeks, but I will be glad to have it reprogrammed.

* I-drive seems more complicated than my last BMW. While it's pretty amazing everything we get to control, I need to look down from time to time. I assume I will become more familiar with it as time goes on.

* Sirius Presets - I find it odd that if use the presets that you cannot get artist and song name. It seems a step backwards in this regard unless I am doing something wrong. I know you can use the smart buttons to save stations and have all the data. Unfortunately, there aren't enough smart buttons. I also tried using favorites, but that only appears to works for a given artist/song, and not a station. I think I have everything else set with the exception of learning voice commands. I don't think I have the patience for that.

So after two weeks, I am very happy with the X3. I find it so much engaging than the Q5 it replaced.

Photobucket

Photobucket

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.