BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Hpfp & f30-80

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  16n69 
#1 ·
I thought that BMW would have , by now, resolved the HPFP issues?
But many are saying otherwise.
So does this drama continue to the "F" series?
With all this Hi-tech ability they have, why can't the get this right:dunno:
Never mattered much to me, as I own a 2002 325i and 2011 M3, both having those wonderful NA engines that used to be BMW.

No more, now we are stuck with ALL F.I., no "choice" any longer?
I might like to get the F80 M3 when it is released...ANYONE out there think, by then, the HPFP issues may be resolved once for all?
HOw hard can this be?

I am not a tech wizard or automotive "rocket scientist" like some of you out there...
...( i mean that in a positive complimentary way:thumbup:), but some of you understand this problem much better than most of us, and the REASON, I am posting in the F30 forum is that some of you are previous 335i (135i & Z4 35i) owners and have had to deal with this.
Now, we M3 enthusiasts must deal with it too.

What do you think?

See less See more
#3 ·
yeah, but it is such a drag having to bring it in for that over & over...I have a friend who got stranded over it, and they still can't get it right...sucks:thumbdwn:
F.I. SUCKS.
If Ford & Chevy can get decent mpg's form NA V8's using things like cylinder shut off tech while cruising, why can't the Germans?

#6 ·
I hear the problems have subsided, but still some owners with issues but fewer mainly because they weren't updated with the latest and greatest HPFPs or issues with carbon buildup in the engine which I believe causes issues with the injectors.

As far as the F10, the N55 engine has a single scroll twin turbo rather then the N54 twin turbo. So far they have it licked.......hopefully!

#7 ·
After reading this post I thought to myself "I haven't read any HPFP types of issues with the X5" so I went over to the E70 blog and posed the question: Has anyone experienced an HPFP related problem with their X5? The current generation of E70 X5's use FI engines. The 3.5 version uses the same N55 engine as found in the 335. The 5.0 version uses a FI 4.4 liter engine. It appears as if the HPFP issue was either limited to the 3-series implementation or BMW got a handle on it prior to the release of the FI X5's. Either way it looks positive for the F30.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.