Votes: 20 32.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.

F30 Hood Poll FIXED

17K views 150 replies 39 participants last post by  1Dreamer 
#1 ·
Hood Line...???

Am I missing something here?

How can anyone discuss how nice the new F30 exterior is without addressing that abysmal front hood line?
Is BMW kidding or what.
Have they "lost it"?
In fact, the WHOLE hood looks like it is just a SQUARE piece of metal just dropped on the front end to cover the engine.
UGLY...and don't give me this "jive" about safety standards or some dribble as such...other companies have not resorted to this sick looking line right across the front end:thumbdwn:

Compare it to the front hood of an E46...or even the E9x (except that 1st year with the stupid kidney grille "eyebrow, that separated when hood opened)

IT RUINS THE WHOLE DESIGN...complete fail.
Is no one else seeing this?:dunno:

#11 ·
Well it was a joke. I saw a Lancer the other day and thought "that looks a LOT like the new F30 hood." That Z at least has a hood line that flows with the other lines of the car (flows right into the headlights). The hood line on the F30 looks like an after thought.

#12 ·
+1x100
Exactly...no flow or anything...just cuts the hood off way to far in, looks like a metal square cover plopped down where a well designed hood for a well designed front end should be???:thumbdwn:
Deal breaker for me:bawling:
For the cost of a loaded F30 ...I will have another low mile, loaded E9x M3 anyday.
Better design, better car.:thumbup:

#20 ·
I haven't seen any claims from BMW that this is why the hood line is like this. Seeing that it's in their other cars as well, it could be just a design direction. Also, it might be a sacrifice needed to meet safety measures but still have the cars noses designed the way they want them to look? It'd be nice to hear an engineer or designer from bmw explain why they're using this design in a lot of their models now.

#32 ·
If i do...I will take it to Shelby American custom shop, and have them redesign the hood & front...they can do anything there.
I am not concerned about the ridiculously remote possibility that some one is going to run out in front of my car and I cannot stop in time.

Stop texting & driving and watch the road ahead and maybe we would not need the asinine safety hysterics. :rolleyes:

#24 ·
Am I missing something here?

How can anyone discuss how nice the new F30 exterior is without addressing that abysmal front hood line?
Is BMW kidding or what.
Have they "lost it"?
In fact, the WHOLE hood looks like it is just a SQUARE piece of metal just dropped on the front end to cover the engine.
UGLY...and don't give me this "jive" about safety standards or some dribble as such...other companies have not resorted to this sick looking line right across the front end:thumbdwn:

Compare it to the front hood of an E46...or even the E9x (except that 1st year with the stupid kidney grille "eyebrow, that separated when hood opened)

IT RUINS THE WHOLE DESIGN...complete fail.
Is no one else seeing this?:dunno:
I 200% agree with you, I used to be a bimmer fan... now that they destroyed the hood, which is the most distinguishable feature, and the best part of car.... I'm not a fan any more...

#34 ·
I posted earlier that BMW unessaraly ruined the look of the F30, with the hideous hood design that cuts across high the front end of hood, IMO, the worst hood design of ANY car ever!

Some have "noted", new Euro "safety requirements"?
However, Porsche, Benz & Audi (among many others, have nice designs & comply.
What's wrong with BMW:dunno:

How do you vote?

#39 ·
I have read a lot of reviews for the F30, I don't recall any of them making adverse comments about the hood. In fact many of them have referred to this as being the "best looking" 3er yet. "the worst hood design of ANY car ever"? Perhaps in your eyes only, and even then I am sure there are quite a few cars out there that probably bit that description even in your eyes. BMW designers are clearly marketing this car to a much larger majority of potential car buyers.

#66 ·
It's official...

Then concensus on m3post and all the other forums is that the F30 front end fascia, horrific hood line and headlights & kidney joined at the hip ...SUCK:thumbdwn:
Huge design fail, BMW has lost it's tasteful design team, apparently:confused:

#71 ·
Then concensus on m3post and all the other forums is that the F30 front end fascia, horrific hood line and headlights & kidney joined at the hip ...SUCK:thumbdwn:
Huge design fail, BMW has lost it's tasteful design team, apparently:confused:
****ing troll

sick of all the trolls on this site, if your dont like the f30 **** off

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.