BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

+60HP w/ + 7mpg > from this $69. chip

8K views 54 replies 28 participants last post by  DSXMachina 
#1 ·
#5 · (Edited)
no, they are talking about the bmw 2002 which was made in 1975.

if this chip claims it will work on that car.... its 120hp stock... so...

basically there is no way that this "chip" works. its a scam. the 2002 doesnt even have an IAT sensor that that piece of garbage plugs into.

lol, glowing reviews:
http://www.performancechips.com/g-force-performance-chip-reviews.php

#8 ·
The 2002TII had a Kugelfischer fuel injection system, which is mechanical, not electronic.

Yes, where would you put a chip?????

#10 ·
No need to be insulting?:mad:
I was initially looking to see if there was anything that could improve the mpgs for a CTS-V for a friend, and stumbled upon this site. Looked like a legit biz in socal? Since it listed BMWs i looked?
That is why i inquired on the forum for the experience or opinion of others.

#17 ·
I'm uninstalling the Dinan Stage 2 and going with this $69 gem. :)

#21 ·
They comp'd me one of their superchips because I am known for my objective evaluations of questionable products. Installation took only a few minutes and was so easy a child could do it. Even Hot|Ice. It is a completely transparent and reversible installation and will not void the warranty. I immediately felt an increase in power, in fact it was difficult to control the raging beast due to the tires laying down stripes in fifth and sixth. My gut feeling is that they have severely underrated these babies so as to be able to sell a chip-plus at a later date without having to re-engineer the software. My fuel economy has also increased, I swear there was more fuel in my tank after a spirited run down the interstate than before I started! Everybody on this board should buy one before the 2002tii guys buy up all the stock. Be sure to mention my unbiased evaluation. They have promised me a "courtesy" commission just for getting word out.

#26 ·
Since they claim to have "up to 7 engineers" working for them, I sent them an email asking for a technical write-up on how they came up with a way to chip a 1974 2002.

#33 ·
Hey guys, I just have to tell you that this is straight up legit. I know this is a bmw forum but before I installed the gf chip, my bugatti veyron was just barely powerful enough. Once I slapped the gf chip in there though, that extra 60 hp (for 1060 total) made a world of difference!
Of course I had to retrofit my ecu and wiring harness to accept the EEPROM form factor that GF used, but whatevs. No biggie. Like the website says, it may sound too good to be true but the results speak for themselves!

#35 ·
What about the wiring harness? Does it have a meth setting?

My mom drove a 1972 2002 tii for 23 years. She would love to have had one of these in it!

Nice to know you can add an instant 60 HP to any and all BMW's.

#41 ·
O they have one for the Reventon I'll have to order 2 so both cars can go even faster!!!! The mpg increase will be nice too since the Lambos get such poor mileage and with the cost of gas.... ok I can't take it any longer. I'll order these when I order new cross drilled brake lines.

#42 ·
What you guys don't even realize is the old Renault from the 80s DIDN'T EVEN HAVE AN ENGINE, BUT JUST HAD ONE OF THESE CHIPS!!!1.

#49 · (Edited)
Terry, Terry, Terry, Terry!

The resistor in their box is a new generation, microprocessed, proprietary unit of a design so revolutionary that the auto mfg'g/oil lobby have put their hammers down & pulled out all their stops!

We got a group buy goin' here....the response so far has been phenomenally amazing! Let's not begrudge your competition the level of success they so richly deserve! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.