BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

variable Sport steering

4K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  16n69 
#1 ·
What does everyone think of the "Variable Sport Steering" option...or at least the concept of it, if not experienced yet?
Will you order it?
Why?
Why not?

#2 ·
If it feels anything like the Audi A4 felt then I would want nothing to do with it. Conversely I love the steering feel of my E90.

I am curious to drive the F30 with and without it.

#13 ·
I'd always choose the variable rack over the straight ratio.

So you cannot go wrong with the variable sport option. It's going to defiantly make the system better than without it.

I'd have swapped my 2008 Corvette's straight ratio for the 2009 variable ratio if I didn't have to upgrade my brake system (long story, I won't bore you guys with). I like variable ratio that much.

#14 ·
That is what I suspected, was not sure...THANKS:thumbup:
Might get a M-Sport for the wife...want to load it up as sporty best driving dynamics as possible. I, on the other hand, am HOPING BMW does not screw up the upcoming M3, the E9x (last series, or still present...lol) is going to be a tough act to follow.
BMW has a history of not knowing when to leave well enough alone.

#15 ·
I would get it. Although it's not as dynamic as the older Active Steering, the Variable Sportlenkung :)p) should ideally provide a nice blend of stability at higher speeds and low-speed agility. Not having to go hand-over-hand in tight hairpins is a nice thing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.