BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New Code: Speed of Mirror Folding During Comfort Closing

18K views 66 replies 21 participants last post by  milkyway 
#1 ·
Those familiar with coding know that we can have the exterior mirrors fold when comfort closing your car. This requires a long press (1 to 2 seconds) of the "ribbed" area of the door handle.

I personally find this delay annoying. I am usually left behind by my wife as I stand there waiting for the mirrors to fold. Now you can get rid of this delay by changing the following code:

CAS->3003 FH MASTER->KMFRT_SCHLIESSEN->Werte=00 (the default value is Werte=0F)

This results in a much faster folding of the mirrors when comfort closing.

JEG23

#4 ·
Change the Werte Value only to Werte=00 for no delay.

#6 · (Edited)
No, they can not custom Code, only Program.

If you are not interested in learning to code and do it yourself, open a thread asking for help from Coders in Baltimore area to code your car.

#7 ·
Nice! The comment says the units are 100ms, so 0F is 1.5 seconds as a default.

I'll probably set mine to 5 for 1/2 second so that the mirrors don't always close on CA lock, but mirror folding will respond faster.

Thanks for the find!

BTW: on an F30, this is in FEM_BODY -> 3053 PwMaster -> KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN

#14 ·
This find is good because one of the issues I have been struggling with is the concomitant behavior of the close triggers between the sun shade and the mirrors. I generally leave my sun shade open in the winter months and I hate having it continuously partially shut when I hold the lock a bit too long for the mirrors to fold. Hopefully now I'll be able to trigger the mirror fold without triggering the sun shade close. Great find!

#16 ·
I am not sure if Sharbotcom is also making fun of me, but you said something here that I find interesting.

Do you say that you sunshade also closes with the CA? Can you explain (or should I say expound) a bit how that works in your car?

JEG23

#33 ·
Thanks for the tip! I can confirm that this works on E Series cars too; I did it to my E90 a couple days ago. It's a bit more involved because you have to disassemble the NCSExpert data file in NCSDummy, override the value and then reassemble it. After that just save the trace file as .MAN and write it back.

#36 ·
cn555ic,

I never close my car with the FOB, so I have not notice if this change makes that FOB folding faster. I would suspect it does. I will test later today.

JEG23

#39 · (Edited)
Very nice feature indeed :)))

And there is the same possibility for Comfort Open.
Pressing the "open" key on the FOB for longer than 2,5 seconds rolls down the windows and opens the sunroof.
Comes in very handy when the car was parked in bright sunshine all day long and heated up to diabolical temerature (especially when black/black).
So 2,5 seconds seem like an eternity.

It is in CAS /3003 / KMFRT_OEFFNEN, default set to hex 19, I reduced to hex 0A (1 Second) which suits me better :))

#46 ·
@merlosso

all statements below related to Data 48.2, F07, all Values (WERTE) in hex.

the delays are as follows
CAS / 3003 /
KMFRT_OEFF_HINTEN --> Delay between opening front / rear windows, default = 05
KMFRT_OEFF_SHD --> Delay between opening rear windows and SunRoof, default = 23

Since apparently all WERTE settings are hex and in 1/10 seconds this means 3,5 seconds before the roof starts to work.

Same applies to closing
KMFRT_SCHL_VORNE --> Delay between closing rear then front windows, default = 05
KMFRT_SCHL_SHD --> Delay between closing front windows then SunRoof, default = 23

#54 ·
Hey I just programmed my car, reducing the start of comfort open/close to .5sec and everything else to zero. The idea being that everything happens at once, after a half second press.

This works perfectly for closing. But for opening I still get a 3.5 second gap between windows and sunroof.

I'm trying to do this to an e92 (coupe)

#48 ·
you definitely are right on that.

there IS a reason for the default delays between powering windows front/rear and sunroof and thats why I'm not going to tamper with those.
Just with the initial delay.

Anyway, even when shortening the delay between windows/sunroof action it still is necessary to keep the button pressed until everything is opened/closed.
So I decided to leave it to the professionals (hopefully thinking that they know what they were doing when prrogramming the whole thing in the first place) to leave those intermediate delays alone.

#49 ·
might be somewhat related/unrelated to the topic, but has anyone figured out how to reduce delay from closing the door and to locking the door with comfort access? I searched a bit and it seems like 2010/11 cars coded with latest software got it fixed so I'm assuming it's in the CAS setting somewhere...

#50 ·
Anyone manage to do this succesfully on F12/640i?

Was helping a friend to code his ride, found the FDL in CAS>3003 FH_Master>KMFRT_SCHLIESSEN> changed wert to 0A (1.0 sec, instead of the default 0F=1.5sec)

After FDL coding, still couldn't fold the side mirror.

I found out subsequently from my friend that he could never fold the mirror using comfort access (door handle). He could however close the soft-top, mirror & fod mirror using keyfob.

What else that I need to code to have the mirror fold with comfort access? :eek:

#51 ·
For 5, 6, and 7 Series Fxx cars, you need to also FDL Code FRM:

FRM = > ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN = aktiv
CAS = > KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB = aktiv
CAS = > KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA = aktiv
CAS = > KMFRT_SCHLIESSEN = Werte 0A

#52 ·
For 5, 6, and 7 Series Fxx cars, you need to also FDL Code FRM:

FRM = > ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN = aktiv
CAS = > KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB = aktiv
CAS = > KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA = aktiv
CAS = > KMFRT_SCHLIESSEN = Werte 0A
Thank you master :thumbup:

I saw this in the v3.0 F10 cheat sheet, but somehow, without the master confirms it, i wasn't convinced! :rofl:

#53 ·
The the v3.0 F10 cheat sheet is the work of the master, so believe it..

#57 ·
Hello!

First the front windows should begin to close, then the rear windows, then the sunroof. To reduce the delay you have to set two or three settings.

CAS/3003/KMFRT_OEFF_SHD set the time between rear windows and sunroof
CAS/3003/KMFRT_OEFF_HINTEN set the time between front windows and rear windows

There should be also a delay for the front windows (nearly like the same for closing the windows and to fold the mirrors). This should be in CAS/3003/KMFRT_OEFFNEN

CU Oliver

#58 ·
Thanks for the attempt but like I said I have closing working fine. I still have a delay between front window and sunroof on opening.

And I don't have rear windows because it's a coupe. Your options keep referring to rear window to sunroof delay. Not sure what to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.