BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

E65 or N62 performance?

3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  ChanceDE65 
#1 ·
Are there any E65 or N62 performance enthusiast sites out there? Anyone interested in improving the performance of this engine/platform?

#4 ·
Pretty cool.

So I'm guessing there isn't a group out there of BMW performance enthusiast. We don't have a performance section on this board & I can't find anything on the net.

It's a shame, my 7 is the first BMW I've ever owned & I swear it's the best handling car I've ever driven. That includes a C6 Corvette. Transmission is also better than any slushbox I've ever driven. Power is good, but y'know, can always use a little more.

Was hoping I could find a resource for tuning, cams, intakes, exhaust... that kind of stuff.

#7 ·
IMO, drive a new 328i, it will blow your socks off compared to the way the E65/66 drives!

I had a 2015 328i as a loaner car while my 7 was in for service and although i was impressed with how it drives ill take the power and comfort of my 7 any day.:thumbup:
I thought about the 3 series, but they're kinda small. I'm 6'4" 320lbs.

Anyway, I found this magazine, thought y'all might be interested.

#12 ·
Did we drive the same car? I've had a 750li in the garage for a few months now while the owner is out of the country, and frankly I'm amazed that anyone can find that the car handles or shifts well. The auto transmission is especially disappointing -- shifts really poorly compared to the E60 (no rev matched downshifts really bugs me in particular). It became mildly better after flashing it to the latest software, but still nothing to write home about. The car is nice for highway cruising, but that's about it.

If you want performance and luxury, get an M5 (any generation). The interior is nicer, the electronics are a hundred times better (especially with a 2010 model), it has some real suspension and brakes, and the engine actually moves

#13 ·
Jeez... I wish I could just get up one day and decide to go buy a new car lmfao I've had my E65 745Li Sport for about a year (only has 50k miles on it). I bought it for $15k with only 30k miles on it. Probably have $23k into the car right now. I want it to last me through college at least. Already decided that I want to get an E30 M3 for my next car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.