BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

FDL Coding: 2nd Lease on Life

18K views 97 replies 47 participants last post by  slvn 
#1 ·
With the release of PSdZdata V54.2, lots of folks, including some BMW coding pundits, were quick to declare FDL coding dead. Subsequent releases seemed to have supported this notion and while there's nothing wrong believing this is in fact the case, it's mind boggling how a few people went as far as spreading rumors and blaming others for this little inconvenience. I was ready to accept this too and have stayed away for a while but I started seeing people fiddle with NCDs generated from older versions and mashing it up with newer CAFDs. This, I think, will be a big issue sooner than later, even if it's not apparent now. So, on to the real purpose of this thread.

I called on Pac-man since I seem to have issues with dots in my FDL coding world with V55.1. The result?

He cleaned up the dots nicely
This is the product of some proprietary mathematical analysis. Gutting E-Sys and PSdZdata not required :)

Keep the discussion very high level and don't fear V55.1

Mind you, FDL coding a'int dead yet but it's dying, starting with future V55.3 though, not with V54.2. This is also likely my last work for the BMW community. we had a good run and I enjoyed the whole show. Some people just watched the ending credits and were extremely disappointed.

I also want to warn you guys. quite a few people on extreme ends of the spectrum have contacted me regarding my works, including well-known persona. Some just wanted to check how I did it, a couple have offered to "compensate" me in exchange for it. I declined, end of story. Patched copy of CafE is also circulating, so just be careful out there. Most cars, including BMWs, are very susceptible to hacking, we don't need to make it any easier for them deadbeats.

See less See more
#4 ·
I understand a lot of you are anxious on getting your hands on this but it's just not ready yet. Good news is that the hard part is done. It's a matter of refining the process and packaging and integrating it with E-Sys Launchers. Maybe, I'll run a short beta test in the coming days.

Anyways, here it is running on E-Sys 3.26.1

This will be part of E-Sys Launchers 2.0

#5 ·
I understand a lot of you are anxious on getting your hands on this but it's just not ready yet. Good news is that the hard part is done. It's a matter of refining the process and packaging and integrating it with E-Sys Launchers. Maybe, I'll run a short beta test in the coming days.

Anyways, here it is running on E-Sys 3.26.1

This will be part of E-Sys Launchers 2.0
You are the best.
Thanks for this work and helping community

#10 ·
Yeah. Either as short until the next version of PSdZdata comes out or throughout the life of F-series.

Looks good, but what will happen if bmw change for example to a random order in the caf. I think then it will not work anymore,or am i wrong?
Change is inevitable. It's a question of when, not if. V49 rendered E-Sys 3.18 obsolete. V51 did the same to V3.22 and so forth. They act, we react. For now, we're covered up to V55.2 at the very least.

#13 ·
thank you!!!!!!! (translation: please guide?)

Hi TokenMaster and all!!! Thank you for this!!! You are the man!!! Is there anyway someone can PM me this patched copy of the CaFE circulating?

I got the ole lockout message when I brought my brand new loaded F80 minus CCBs, EBT (cause I figured I could encode) home (delivered 3/6):mad:.

I have been toying with it and a bud who does this for a lot of folks in the atl area pointed this thread out....would be thrilled to beta...forgive my naiveté, but I haven't posted in ages (since my '06 S4 Dinan E46 went through coding).

I would really love to get this workaround so I don't have to re-flash my brand new baby and I can actually get this car to work.

Like a true M lover4life, I've been in a depressed rut since delivery and initial FDL encoding attempt when I was warned of the new trimmed packaging. :(

thank you for this thread!

--:confused: JR:dunno:

SEE HOW HAPPY SHE WAS BEFORE I TOOK HER HOME? now she's :cry: y'all's help, as always would be appreciated.........

Attachments

#16 ·
Is there anyway someone can PM me this patched copy of the CaFE circulating?
You don't want CafE. Dangerous. I hope it never hit mainstream

TokenMaster you are God~
Not God, just mere mortal :)

Also quite happy to contribute financially.
Great. The world needs more people like you. Happy to accept donation via St Jude Children's Hospital (http://www.stjude.org) and HERS Abreast Cancer Foundation (http://hersbreastcancerfoundation.org/)

UPDATE: Ok, I'm satisfied with the added enhanced security. Time to package this little bugger and send it out. I'll be running a short limited beta run and it will be out soon after. PRO first, Premium next. ETA: earliest tonight, likely over the weekend.

#19 ·
You use regular E-Sys and PSdZData to find same value and FDL Code it as normal.

#21 ·
With E-Sys Launcher 2.0. you will be back to how you're used to doing it. Instead of searching for 01000111b, start 20, end 20, you will once again be looking for SPEEDLOCK, VIDEO_HANDBRAKE,...etc.

RC build is out:

#33 ·
I just got into coding my car this weekend and while having some slightly older versions of the software it worked like a charm. If there is a link to a new one, that would be great. (PM?)

I am hoping to do an ED late this year on an F8x and pray this still works!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.