BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

650i xdrive gran coupe

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Salk81 
#1 ·
Can somebody help me decide what to do here? I own a BMW 650i Gran Coupé. About two weeks ago I was driving into an unfamiliar territory in Toronto and when I made a left turn somehow I went onto the street car tracks. I noticed after a while that I was driving on the tracks and realize it could be hazardous. Unfortunately I panicked and try to go on the main highway. I realized later that the streetcar track was on an elevation so coming down on the road meant coming down from curb. There was a big thump as the front right tire came down and immediately afterwards the same thump as the left rear tire came down. The dealer inspected and test drove the car and said no damage was done at all the car just needed an alignment which was done. The only damage was that the left front rim is slightly bent at one point and he recommended a replacement. It was back ordered and should be here soon. Ever since then I notice that whenever the car goes uphill with the cruise engaged I feel a slight shudder and rumble in the steering. The dealer says that there's a lot of road feedback with M sport 20 inch low profile tires. Should I have it reinspected at another dealer or wait for the new rim? Also does it make sense what I'm saying?
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.