BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Which one are you? Modern, Sport or Luxury?

22K views 89 replies 55 participants last post by  Elias 
#1 ·
So the new F30 3 Series will be available as Modern Line, Sport Line, or Luxury Line. In addition there will be also be an M Sport Package.

Which line are you, Modern, Sport, or Luxury? Why?

I'm Sport, with the M Sport Package because it's more sport oriented and that's how I see the BMW 3 Series. The Sport Line will also offer Sport Seats, red contrast stitching, red dial accents and don't forget the red trim on the key fob! Also included are black accented bumpers, black trim, black grill, black exhaust tips, ferric grey wheels.

#8 ·
Ditto, I'd also be surprised if they brought these option themes to the U.S. I suspect we'll get our usual Premium, Sport, etc packages.

#5 ·
Sport.

But while I like it, and I not sure I wouldn't prefer an E90 at a massive year end discount instead- as the deals on the first of the F30's are unlikely unless you ED one.

:)

#10 ·
It does seem like BMW is almost trying to streamline things by sharing parts across different series of cars and even by doing a worldwide release of the 3 series all at once. Maybe we are going to start getting some of the previous European exclusives...I can hope for it right?

#14 ·
Yep- it worked for Audi so BMW is going for it as well. Which also explains the 2.0T being the new base engine. . . .

;)

#22 ·
Modern. The grainy wood looks nice. I also like lighter leathers.
Really? To each his own. I'm still gagging over that grainy wood texture and would call that the Paul Bunyon Edition. I really do like the matte finish wood in the latest A6 and Infiniti M35 but this version is over the top for me.

I also can't get used to the light brown "oyster" steering wheel.

In another post, someone mentioned they didn't like the M Sport steering wheel. You beat me to that statement as that wheel looks like something from 20 years ago. The new regular sport pkg wheel is very nice though.

I drove my E90 after seeing all the info today and felt it was a little dated now. Normally, I'm not that way but the F30 interior really is a step forward in my opinion.

#17 ·
And it seems like these lines are only skin deep.

In addition to the standard trim level, the new BMW 3 Series Sedan can now also be specified with any of three equipment lines or an M Sport Package. Customers can therefore adapt the appearance of their car to their personal lifestyle and preferences - in their own way and with eye-catching results.

#19 · (Edited)
That is what is unclear to me.

Overall I like various aspects of each of the lines, but none seems to hit all the right notes for my tastes. Let's hope for more customization on top of the S/M/L lines.
My perfect combo might be Sport Line or M-Sport exterior in Imperial blue with Antracite/aluminum dash/trim (modern line), and Black leather with grey stitching (grey w/black is available on sport line but not black w/grey).

#23 ·
from pictures I am not a big fan of the Modern interiors its too beige. However I do like the luxury and sport interiors.

#34 ·
Yes, part of the M Sport package includes

The M Sport package, which will become available after launch, is designed for this very purpose and has been developed specifically for this model series. It includes the lowered M Sport suspension, featuring a 10 millimeter (0.4 in.) drop in ride height, firmer suspension and damping, and larger anti-roll bars.

#28 ·
From the English version of the new 3 catalog, available on line:

The models illustrated in this brochure show the specifi cations and confi gurations (standard and optional equipment) of vehicles produced by BMW AG for the German market. According to the specifi c requirements of other markets, alterations in standard and optional equipment and the confi gurations available for the different models, as described in this brochure, may occur. For more precise information about country-specifi c vehicle versions, please contact your local BMW partner. Subject to change in design and equipment.

#29 ·
Unless I skip the F30 generation completely--which is entirely possible, depending on how long I keep the E90--I have a feeling my answer may end up being "Individual" again. ;)

There are bits and pieces to like and dislike in all three lines. I don't have a clear favorite and probably won't until I see them in person. In a few years when BMW Individual options become available for the F30, it will be interesting to see whether they take the form of add-ons to these trim lines, a distinct fifth "Individual" line, or freedom to blur the lines and mix & match materials. Judging by the way BMW Individual currently markets to the rest of the world, some combination of #2 and #1 seems likely, but they never seem to quite close the door on "the sky's the limit" either.

#43 ·
I am sure it will be, and as in the past I expect it will be an appearance package only on AWD cars. They have always had their own suspension tuning, about halfway between sport and non-sport RWD suspensions in stiffness, and I don't expect that to change.

#40 ·
What does modern mean? Minimalist/no options? So like 4 speakers, cassette player, no navi.

#50 ·
I had a 1993 Probe too! You're right, it did have an accent stripe like that. Not my favorite part of the new interior design.

#46 · (Edited)
Hard to believe this will be cheaper to build. For instance, there will be FOUR different versions of black Dakota leather: Normal (LCSW), Sport with red accents (LCL3), Luxury (LCLZ) and Modern with dark Oyster accents (LCL8).

Presumably, that also means that if you want black leather with your sport model, you can only get it with red accents. If you want black leather with red accents with your M sport package, not allowed. Or if you want Oyster or Saddle Brown leather with your sport or M sport, verboten.

Seems reeeeeally complicated to me...

:dunno:

#48 ·
Hard to believe this will be cheaper to build. For instance, there will be FOUR different versions of black Dakota leather: Normal (LCSW), Sport with red accents (LCL3), Luxury (LCLZ) and Modern with dark Oyster accents (LCL8).

Presumably, that also means that if you want black leather with your sport model, you can only get it with red accents. If you want black leather with red accents with your M sport package, not allowed. Or if you want Oyster or Saddle Brown leather with your sport or M sport, verboten.

Seems reeeeeally complicated to me...

:dunno:
Totally agree. I cannot believe BMW is forcing this crap on us. But then again...they did the same with run flats, no spare, no dipstick, removal of tint band on windshield, etc..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.