#1 · (Edited)
If anyone was wondering how much these weight:

Front: 18x8 = 23.5 lbs
Rears: 18x9.5 = 25.0 lbs

Mine are by Factory Reproductions

With tires mounted and balanced they are:

Front: 245/40 50 lbs
Rear: 275/35 52.5 lbs

Trying out some Nexen Tires i got all 4 for 400 shipped... i never realized how heavy tires are...

#11 ·
Damn, this is actually quite light. On par with many of the BBS's I've been looking at lately. I got my reps at factoryrepo's too. They are great! Thanks for posting Ganesht! And for $675 to the door for a set of staggered 18's you cannot really go wrong here. Nice!

#13 ·
No wheels are worth 5k. Hell, even $2.5k is in my mind way too much money for wheels. M-Pars are arguably one of the best looking wheels ever for the E39. I love my M5 reps but I struggle daily with getting M-Pars. Especially at this price.

#16 ·
#18 ·
If i understand the production process of (these) replicas they are gravity fed forged aluminum, unlike the oem bmw wheels which are pressure forged. Due to the lack of added pressure during the forging process the density of the replicas are lower than stock wheels. which makes them cheaper and lighter, but also more likely to deform..

#19 ·
I had the 18" Mpar replicas from the wheel exhange and I weighed one of the rear ones (18x9.5) did it three different times. the scale is pretty accurate, tested it with a 10lb weight. results were 24.5, 24.0, 24.5 lbs. so no, theyre not awfully heavy. thats actually about a pound less than an OEM e39 M5 wheel
OEM wheel weights:

(e38) Style 37 M-Pars

18x8 = 22.6 lbs
18x9 = 23.2 lbs

E39 M5 Wheels:
Front - 18x8: 23.6lbs.
Rear - 18x9.5: 25.6lbs.

Style 42 wheels:

18x8" = 11.3 kg = 24.9 pounds
18x9" = 11.69kg = 25.8 pounds

Style 66's

17x8 = 22.9 pounds
17x9 = 23.3 pounds

Style 32's

(17x8") are 10.81kg or 23.8 pounds each
(17x9") are 11.33kg or 25.0 pounds each

#23 ·
Holy. Awesome info post ganesht. You're my new best friend! Sorry Andy. :D

#25 · (Edited)
MPar Reps I'm really close to picking a set of these up. For the price they look great and I've kinda been wanting to go staggered for a bit now. With the E39 being rear-wheel drive the tires seem to wear much more evenly than any of the FWD's I've owned so rotating isn't as much of a problem. No, my little 525 damn sure doesn't "need" fatter tires in the back but it'll look pretty sharp. These should be lighter than my M5 reps too. I don't think you can really go wrong with these if you're looking to spruce up the stock look a bit.

BMW 5 series factory reproduction alloy wheels. Set of four, brand new in the box, sold without center caps. The wheels come in a machined finish with silver accent color between the spokes. 18x8 for the front and 18x9.5 for the rear.

#26 ·
MPar Reps

BMW 5 series factory reproduction alloy wheels. Set of four, brand new in the box, sold without center caps. The wheels come in a machined finish with silver accent color between the spokes. 18x8 for the front and 18x9.5 for the rear.
I ordered my M-Pars from this seller. They are actually OE Wheels in Sarasota. I was in Sarasota and visited the warehouse to see the rims before buying them. Great service and fantastic prices. The staggered fitment looks awesome and good value for the money!

#29 ·
I used the center caps from my factory rims, they fit!

#30 ·
Hrm, $675 and my current (good) tires would fit. I could probably sell my old wheels for a reasonable amount too. Maybe its time to pick up some M-parallels.

#40 ·
Bitches you better leave me a set of these damn things! IF they sell out I'm coming after all of you!!

#41 ·
Guys, remember to use Live Cashback if you're buying these from that eBay seller. You get $101 back at the current 14% (generally sent instantly) bringing the price down to about $575 shipped!

I'm very close to picking up a set.

#43 ·
Great post Taylor thanks! It's only 13% right now but still, that's a good chunk of change! GooSH!!

#47 ·
TY Taylor! :D

cashback summary
Pending: $87.75
Available: $0.00
In process: $0.00
Rewarded: $0.00
Total cashback: $87.75

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.