BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

M6 vs GTR video. :)

2K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  DreamerM6 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Launch from a dig. No one cares about roll racing.

The fact that the....
GTR is limited to 190 & your car to 155.. it would eat you alive.

0-60 the GTR is a full second quicker. It would eat you alive.

My guess the GTR driver wanted you to feel good. Or he just cannot drive. You car is in no way faster.

YES I have driven both & my friend has a GTR.

#8 ·
Launch from a dig. No one cares about roll racing.

The fact that the....
GTR is limited to 190 & your car to 155.. it would eat you alive.

0-60 the GTR is a full second quicker. It would eat you alive.

My guess the GTR driver wanted you to feel good. Or he just cannot drive. You car is in no way faster.

YES I have driven both & my friend has a GTR.
A rolling start allows you to see the car's acceleration. A GTR is is AWD...its a very easy and effective way to allow for great 0-60 times. An M6 will always struggle from the line, but gear vs gear acceleration is more interesting.

#20 ·
I would imagine Dinan releasing a tune soon for the M5/M6. They already have ECU tunes for the X5/6M which essentially have the same engines that push an extra 80lb-ft of torque and get well over 600hp. So I'm thinking well under 4s 0-60's and 1/4miles in high 11's.

#22 ·
I agree, the M6 was only released a few months ago. I can just imagine the crazy mods that will follow. A local guy in SA who races a BMW and keeps most track records here called SAV from savspeed a BMW tuner (he installed a supercharger/turbo on my e36 m3, only one in the world to have both) said that you could easily mod the M6 to 700+ HP just by adding bigger turbos alone. Ive seen BMW E63 M6 do 11.8 after mods (no turbo) now imagine what the new M6 could run with a proper setup! Cant wait!! :) :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.