BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Recode your vehicle

21K views 77 replies 20 participants last post by  Tadeus_NOR 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Sweet! I will definitely be looking into this. I will wait awhile after I get my X3 (hopefully tomorrow or Thursday) before attempting anything, but definitely tempting. :) I'll be glad to help test things out once I get comfortable with things.

#10 ·
Ok, so I'm ready to start learning this stuff and learning how to code the F25. I am home with a new baby, vacation for 4 months, so I have lots of time to play. I will start sourcing the stuff to build the cable tomorrow...

My question is where to get the E-sys. Everything I found was either removed or links had expired...

decade2000- You have the software? I have the vehicle... '12 35i M Sport... Perhaps we can share ideas/info.. I admit, I'll need some help, but I can get started now perhaps with your guidance and give you feedback, that way you can have some questions worked out when you get your vehicle.... Thoughts?? Also, ironic, your vehicle completed production the same day our baby girl arrived. Two fantastic creations that day! Hah!!

#11 ·
Also, one other question... All of the screen shots I see for the E-sys are all on a Windows based computer... I run Apple products at home. Does anyone know if this stuff is compatible? I do have VMWare and Windows XP on my machine, but would prefer to run it in the Apple side of things...

#14 ·
I too agree, it is extremely overwhelming to start into all of this with no previous experience. I am fairly computer savvy though, so I'm going to attempt to break into this and I will of course take notes and attempt to translate a lot of it into easier to understand reading. I have seen some that are doing a LOT of extensive programming with the EcoDrive, including additional screens and more... I probably won't get into that, but a few things I would like to do include a few more capabilities with the comfort access key including folding mirrors and auto open/close of the windows and moonroof.

Anyway, I'm sure the F25 forum will slowly start to gain more and more with all of this. The F10 5 series cars seem to be well underway with it all, so it will be nice to follow on their coat tails.

More to come!

#16 ·
I too agree, it is extremely overwhelming to start into all of this with no previous experience. I am fairly computer savvy though, so I'm going to attempt to break into this and I will of course take notes and attempt to translate a lot of it into easier to understand reading. I have seen some that are doing a LOT of extensive programming with the EcoDrive, including additional screens and more... I probably won't get into that, but a few things I would like to do include a few more capabilities with the comfort access key including folding mirrors and auto open/close of the windows and moonroof.

Anyway, I'm sure the F25 forum will slowly start to gain more and more with all of this. The F10 5 series cars seem to be well underway with it all, so it will be nice to follow on their coat tails.

More to come!
Agreed.:thumbup:
I'm looking forward to learning how to access the ECM and reprogram it.
I maybe old, but I'm still trying...:rofl:

#15 ·
Anyone in the Seattle area have the cable/software to do this? I'll offer up my X3 as a guinea pig!

#27 ·
Pinouts for ScanGauge cable

I checked the pinouts for the ScanGauge cable.

Looking at the OBD2 connector, with the larger side on your left and the CAT6 cable with the contacts "up" as you look at it, here is the pinouts:

08 blank 16 blank
07 4 15 5
06 blank 14 blank
05 1 13 blank
04 1 12 blank
03 2 11 3
02 6 10 7
01 blank 09 8

I hope this helps someone.
Anything else I can do, just ask...:rofl:

Attachments

#32 ·
Hud

Has anyone used this to re-program the HUD yet? I'm a big lover of that head up display (note, it's not "heads up" ;-) ... but the information on it is limited, I mean speed (+cruise) and routing mainly when driving ... would LOVE to have the current gear displayed on there.

Looks like (from the videos on the other link) they updated to include turn indications, so would love to hear some feedback from anyone who dared try this :)

J

#34 ·
Has anyone actually recoded their F25?

I've been following this thread pretty close. I see a lot of comments, but no one has definitly stated they have actually been able to recode their F25.
I'm very interested in learning the process. If someone with the expertise is willing to work with me, I'd be willing to compensate them for there trouble. I have some coding experience, as I have the necessary hardware and software to reprogram LS1 and LT1 GM ECMs.
I'm in Las Vegas, and look forward to someone taking me up on my offer. PM me if interested.
Thanks...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.