BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

F07 Coding (List of Helpers)

31K views 49 replies 34 participants last post by  monos00 
#1 ·
Ok. The F10 owners have their list.....we should populate our own. Although coding the F07 is much like coding the F10.
So, this thread is a list of people willing to help others with coding their F07.
Your general location, what you have coded, and any added advice would be appreciated!

I can help with anyone who wants to pay $100 to have their car coded. All you need is your vehicle and a list of things you would like to code. In the event that your car needs to be recoded, my guy will recode for free. He is in the Atlanta area. For anyone interested, pm me!!

#3 ·
F07 - Code list please

I am new at this forum! My apologies if this question has been raised before:

Does anyone have a list of coding options for the F07.
I have a German version of the 530D xdrive with a lot of options.
I am particularly interested in option codes related to the hatch, headup and video options.

Anyone? Please.....:angel:

#6 ·
Here is the contact infer for who coded my 2013 550i XD GT. Also a list of what was available for him to change. Hope it helps someone that is OK with having their car coded my someone remotely. Okie did a great job.

TRIPL3_O Coding
codemycar@gmail.com
facebook.com/tripl3ocoding
youtube.com/codemycar

F10/11/06/07/12/13 Coding/Programming/Retrofit Options

A) CODING
1) DVD In Motion
2) Enable Video Via USB Port (HU_NBT only)
3) Disable Legal Disclaimers (Startup, Cameras, Etc.)
4) Add/Delete Weatherband (WB) To Entertainment Options (HU_CIC only)
5) Enable Torque & Power Meters In iDrive (Not Available For V8's)
6) Enable Tire Pressure & Temperature Readings In iDrive
7) Transfer Phone's Ringtone To Vehicle
8) Change US Nav Voice To UK Nav Voice (HU_CIC only)
9) Disable Seat Belt Chimes
10) Close Windows & Sunroof With KeyFob
11) Fold/Unfold Side Mirrors With KeyFob & Comfort Access
12) Disable Window Safety
13) Start Car Without Braking/Clutching
14) Unlock Doors When Car Is Turned Off
15) Radio/Nav Turns Off When Door Is Opened
16) Close Trunk From Key & Interior Button (Not Available For F12, F13)
17) Disable A.S.S Or Set It To Last Memory Setting
18) Disable Halogen DRL's (If Not Already Set)
19) Enable Angel Eye's As DRL's (If Not Already Set)
20) Enable Taillights As DRL's (In Addition to Angel Eyes)
21) Enable Fog Lights As Welcome Lights
22) Disable Sidemarkers (Still Work As Turn Signals)
23) Run High Beams & Fog Lights Simultaneously
24) Enable Auto High Beam Assist (Requires Driver Assistance Package
w/Lane Departure)
25) Enable Lane Departure in HUD ((Requires Driver Assistance Package
w/Lane Departure)
26) Digital Speedometer (On By Default On ///M Cars)
27) Disable Speed Overestimation (Only For Analog Speedometer)
28) Daytime Instrument Cluster Lights In Night Mode
29) Blinkers In HUD
30) Entertainment/Phone List In HUD (2013+ only unless software was
updated)
31) Speed limit Info In HUD (Requires Driver Assistance Package)
32) Disable Top Speed Restriction For Cameras (Can Be Used While Driving)
33) Always Remember Seat Heating & Cooling Upon Vehicle Start
34) Set AC/Climate Memory To Remember Last Setting
B) UPDATES
1) 2013 CIC Navigation Map Update

#12 ·
Okee is good. He did my 535i GT remotely. The only issue I had was not related to his coding but even before the coding my car would turn off after a 3-4 days of being idle. I would drive a block or so from my home and at the first stop sign or red light the car would just turn off. That basically happened about for about 5 times in one year so I took it the dealer. They kept it for a week and in the end they just re-installed the software. When they did that all the coding was wiped out.

Is there anyway to keep the coding on one of the profiles?

#13 ·
Okee is good. He did my 535i GT remotely. The only issue I had was not related to his coding but even before the coding my car would turn off after a 3-4 days of being idle. I would drive a block or so from my home and at the first stop sign or red light the car would just turn off. That basically happened about for about 5 times in one year so I took it the dealer. They kept it for a week and in the end they just re-installed the software. When they did that all the coding was wiped out.

Is there anyway to keep the coding on one of the profiles?
From how I understand it there is no way to retain your custom settings if the dealer has to reset/update software. He should have saved your new settings as a profile so all you need to do is plug in and reload the profile.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#16 ·
Looking over this list I am very much interested in having some of these features enabled. Question is anyone in the Chicago/Midwest area available to do such work? Cash in hand ;)

#20 ·
8,10,11,16,23,24,25,26,29,30,31,32 all sound excellent... What does this guy Okee charge, and how does he do it remotely?

#22 ·
@STRMTRPR550iGT, I reached out and he charges $100 w/Navigation 2015 map update included, however since I already had that update done, he will only charge $50 or less for any or all coding options. He sent me the info with the list and indicated it will take roughly 1 hour or so for the coding to be completed. He will be in town in Naperville area on Jan. 1st, I may take him up on the offer so if you are interested maybe I can see if he can do a 2 for 1 deal?

#25 · (Edited)
@STRMTRPR550iGT, @KOSD,

Are you 'fellas still interested in getting your GT coding done? RAM just reached out to me and reminding me he will be in town on Jan. 1st in Naperville to have coding done on the GT. I sent him an email letting him know you two 'fellas are also interesting in getting this done I am hoping he can work out a deal for all 3 if we go there together with our rides? Check your inbox for his information and email.

**UPDATE**

Here is his response: "I could meet you guys at your location since I could code three cars at the same place.

I could do each cars for $75 without maps update or $100 with 2015 maps. Hope this is reasonable since I have to drive up to your place.

I could meet you guys on January 1st around 1 PM."

#26 · (Edited)
@STRMTRPR550iGT, @KOSD

Seems we are all set for the coding and am able to get the coding done for $50 each but only if all 3 of us are in. Let me know and I can send you the details @STRMTRPR550iGT. PM me and send me your email so I can forward you the information/details. I'm in and so is KOSD, so hopefully you are able to make it as well!

Below is his response:
"Okay I could do it for $50 if you could get me at least 3 cars for just coding. I would charge $25 extra for 2015 maps if anyone interested. I could do it anytime between 12-3 in Naperville...."

#27 ·
Hey @KingC thanks for thinking to include me buddy... Making it out to Naperville by 1pm on New Years Day might be a bit of an aggressive ambition for me depending on how NYE goes. If I can't make it, I would certainly take the gents contact info so that I could have him do it remotely. Still finalizing plans for the holiday today and tomorrow so I will let you know. Either way, a meet up of our two beasts (and ourselves) in early 2015 is in order!

#28 ·
No worries, I just found out by my wife we have a prior commitment so I wont be able to make it either. However, he has another date in which he will be in town on the 18th, so may be able to make it then. I'll send you the information as well..Happy NYE!

#29 ·
When coding goes wrong

As I have not yet coded but am really keen to, but worried if it goes wrong. As I'm in Australia and have not found anyone local, I would need remote coding done.

But what happens if it all goes wrong. Is it easy to roll back. Can you ever screw it up so badly that the car just wont run?

#30 ·
In the process, you copy the file from the car, make your modifications, then send it back to the car. If, prior to making changes, you save off that copy, you always should be able to go back to the original. Personally, I've not done it (yet). I did buy the requisite cable and adapter, but didn't find it a high enough priority to make the plunge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.