BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Interior color choices

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  nlk10010 
#1 ·
Hey all...is anyone else sort of disappointed with the interior color choices currently on the BYO for the new M5?? I mean, Silverstone, Black and the Sakhir Orange is all I see before you get to the Individual colors. I would love to at least see something like Bamboo Beige as a regular color option..or am I being too picky?? Just curious....

Cheers,

#3 ·
Interesting, oddly enough, the exterior color choices do not bother me as much as the interior colors as I am pretty funny about car colors that, ah, cough cough, might attract too much unwanted attention from the local constabulary. Besides, any type of color like orange/red, after a short time, has the unfortunate ability to make me angry...probably not a good idea with a beast like an M5...:D

Cheers,

#6 ·
I too am disappointed by the interior option colors. I would be less disappointing if at $5000 the Individual leather options were full leather.

#8 ·
Oy! (IMO, of course everyone has a different opinion).

Porsche has a yellow but it's not quite that, ah, shall we say, pungent.

I'm looking at the Sakhir Orange that BMW seems to be throwing out there as a bone to people wanting a more colorful car. I'd have to see it in person.

When I bought my first car (a 1971 BMW 2002) I always wanted the orange but the dealer didn't have one in stock so I "settled" for Riviera Blue. I was hoping the Sakhir would harken back to that color (don't remember the original name) but the 1971 orange was more a creamsicle color, Sakhir seems more red-orange. OTOH, wifey wants a car the same color as her 1980s orange Chevette, and Sakhir seems to fill the bill.

Fine by me. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.