BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Is this 2006 M3 coupe w/ 600miles for 52k a deal?

3K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  ase2dais 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
According to KBB 2005 with these options retail would be 53,000 or slightly above. In excellent condition would be 50,000 private party, 48,000 trade-in value. However this one is 2006 with this few miles probably decent deal if planning to keep. Would not call it a steal but fair.

Bob

#4 ·
ase2dais said:
A owner who had a change of hearts after buying his M3 a month ago is offering his
2006 M3 carbon black coupe w/ imola red interior aluminum trim for $52,000.

This that a good price, ok price or a steal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4636644819

need your advice
don't see any mention of a moonroof (and the pics are conspicuously missing any shots that show the roof)... this car is going to be a very tough sell for him.

#5 ·
ase2dais said:
thks, maybe I'll hold off for awhile, theres alot of great cars for less than that amount. why spend the extra 15k, i guess
when a 03 wil suffice. people cant tell the difference.
Except the '06 will probably smell better. :rofl:

But that's smart thinking really...unless I was bailing out a good friend or something, there's not much appeal in getting a 600-mile used car. Either get a really new one or a truly used one.

If it is still within 2-3 years old, the warranty will be more than likely extended via CPO and you can pay for extended maintenance with some of your savings (used cars this young are not usually CPO-ed).

#6 ·
SARAFIL said:
don't see any mention of a moonroof (and the pics are conspicuously missing any shots that show the roof)... this car is going to be a very tough sell for him.
It does not look like it has one. In the front picture you should be able to see the front edge of moonroof but even in the enlarged picture it is not there.

The car is advertised as being in pristine condition. I would not call it pristine when it had a pretty good size scrape on the right side of the front bumper. :tsk:

#7 ·
SARAFIL said:
i thought all M3 sunroofs are std?
got him to 51k, thats a fair price, I'll hold on awhile. I just miss my old short live M5 i guess.:cry:

#8 ·
ase2dais said:
i thought all M3 sunroofs are std?
got him to 51k, thats a fair price, I'll hold on awhile. I just miss my old short live M5 i guess.:cry:
M3s do not come standard with moonroof (thankfully). You either have to order the premium package or order the moonroof ala carte. I ordered my M3 without a moonroof. Not having a moonroof has an advantage for doing tarck events.

#10 ·
ase2dais said:
so Im guessing that M3s w/o sunroofs are most likely track cars. thks:thumbup:
:D

Or M3's with sunroofs are made to drive & enjoy in nice sunny weather. :thumbup:

#11 · (Edited)
ase2dais said:
so Im guessing that M3s w/o sunroofs are most likely track cars. thks:thumbup:
Not necessarily, but they are more desirable as track cars. I bought mine without a moonroof, but tracking it was not the main reason for excluding it. I barely used the moonroof I had in my last two BMWs, I didn't want to pay extra for something I don't use but that will ultimately break, and it looks cleaner without one. I also didn't order BMW Assist/Bluetooth so I wouldn't have that butt-ugly sharkfin antenna and so I would get the classic oval rearview mirror. The advantages for track use include, lower weight, lower center of gravity, more structural rigidity, and more headroom inside the car.

#12 ·
dwette said:
Not necessarily, but they are more desirable as track cars. I bought mine without a moonroof, but tracking it was not the main reason for excluding it. I barely used the moonroof I had in my last two BMWs, I didn't want to pay extra for something I don't use but that will ultimately break, and it looks cleaner without one. I also didn't order BMW Assist/Bluetooth so I wouldn't have that butt-ugly sharkfin antenna and so I would get the classic oval rearview mirror. The advantages for track use include, lower weight, lower center of gravity, more structural rigidity, and more headroom inside the car.
If and when I order my E92 M3 I'm going without the sunroof this time. One less thing to squeek, rattle, leak & break. Plus lower weight & center of gravity is just the icing on the cake. I've found that most of the time I had sunroofs I usually drove with them open only around town, but always closed on the highway. Also I usually drove witht the sun shade closed during the day, but open at night. I never like the extra heat in the day, but at night it's nice to see the stars and crack it open for some extra ventilation. That was nice, the more I think about it maybe I will order the sunroof next time. :confused: It would be nice to have it, but it would also be nice to not have it. :confused:

#13 ·
Moderato said:
If and when I order my E92 M3 I'm going without the sunroof this time....the more I think about it maybe I will order the sunroof next time. :confused: It would be nice to have it, but it would also be nice to not have it. :confused:
You may not have a choice. The E90s already force you into a moonroof as standard equipment. The E92 coupes and M3 could very likely be the same.

I was just reading how Porsche NA is going to bring in the 997 GT3 with no option to exclude a moonroof. That's really stupid.

#14 ·
dwette said:
You may not have a choice. The E90s already force you into a moonroof as standard equipment. The E92 coupes and M3 could very likely be the same.

I was just reading how Porsche NA is going to bring in the 997 GT3 with no option to exclude a moonroof. That's really stupid.
Well if I don't have a choice and I have to take the car with the sunroof then I won't have talk my wife's ear off for a month about the pro's and con's of ordering the sunroof while I'm trying to make the decision. She'll probably send BMWNA or AG a thank-you letter! :rofl:

#15 ·
ase2dais said:
thks, maybe I'll hold off for awhile, theres alot of great cars for less than that amount. why spend the extra 15k, i guess
when a 03 wil suffice. people cant tell the difference.
That's exactly my rationale... I'm looking for an '02 or '03 with CPO... I think I found it but I'm crossing my fingers to see that the deal goes thru :)

#17 ·
I dunno, for me there are two competing class of M3 wannabe owners (like me) :

a. those who prefer SMG and those who prefer a manual tranny

b. those who prefer a cabrio and those who prefer a coupe

... for those who prefer a coupe, its just a given that a sunroof comes with it, since they opt not having the convertable top.

Currently, as I read up more stuff on the forum, I know mine will have a manual tranny.
Now, between a coupe and a cabrio, Im still undecided.

Price, color, mileage and condition of the car will sway me to go one way over the other.

#19 ·
ase2dais said:
b. those who prefer a cabrio and those who prefer a coupe

... for those who prefer a coupe, its just a given that a sunroof comes with it, since they opt not having the convertable top.
I've met plenty of M3 Coupe owners who said they wished their coupe was without a moonroof, like mine.

#20 ·
my first m3 was a CPO cab 2001 -- bought it with 3,600 miles on it only out in boston and drove it back home cross country - amazing trip. obviously it was a manual tranny. I love everything about the car EXCEPT the transmission. it would fight getting into 2nd gear, and just had a sort of "rubbery" feel. was much happier with my cooper S's 6 spd and even the 6 spd tranny on my current chevrolet SSR.

recently i drove a silver grey CPO '04 coupe with SMG and fell in love. I drove a manual tranny '03 and things didn't seem to have changed much. the SMG seems perfectly mated to the engine, I had a huge **** eating grin the whole time. i was ready to buy the car that day if it just had a sunroof - but i decided to look around. found an '05 private party with 7,000 miles - PLUS moonroof! so excited about getting back into the 'fest fold.

I am a convertible person. I love 'em. The SSR has been one of the best cars I've ever owned. It has spoiled me - it would be hard to go back to a soft-top convertible. The weight difference was apparent when driving the coupe - although the cab is no slouch. The performance difference is enough to get me into the coupe though -- although I have to have a sunroof as a compromise :angel: It really brightens up the cabin. Especially in a car with black leather and the titan shadow trim -- too dark otherwise.

-Wes

#21 · (Edited)
That must be quite exciting indeed, driving x-country on an M car. I did that once LA-NY, took 4 days, maybe sooner if it was a bimmer.

but for having a car w/ just 3k miles, your manny tranny shoulnt have much of a issue.

I still like a manual tranny on an M car, even if the SMG are faster, for I like to maybe burn rubber and chirp! my tires.

I may have to test drive an SMG, coz its not something Ive driven b4. everytime I think SMG. I think steptronic on paddles.

///M3 Wes said:
my first m3 was a CPO cab 2001 -- bought it with 3,600 miles on it only out in boston and drove it back home cross country - amazing trip. obviously it was a manual tranny. I love everything about the car EXCEPT the transmission. it would fight getting into 2nd gear, and just had a sort of "rubbery" feel. was much happier with my cooper S's 6 spd and even the 6 spd tranny on my current chevrolet SSR.

recently i drove a silver grey CPO '04 coupe with SMG and fell in love. I drove a manual tranny '03 and things didn't seem to have changed much. the SMG seems perfectly mated to the engine, I had a huge **** eating grin the whole time. i was ready to buy the car that day if it just had a sunroof - but i decided to look around. found an '05 private party with 7,000 miles - PLUS moonroof! so excited about getting back into the 'fest fold.

I am a convertible person. I love 'em. The SSR has been one of the best cars I've ever owned. It has spoiled me - it would be hard to go back to a soft-top convertible. The weight difference was apparent when driving the coupe - although the cab is no slouch. The performance difference is enough to get me into the coupe though -- although I have to have a sunroof as a compromise :angel: It really brightens up the cabin. Especially in a car with black leather and the titan shadow trim -- too dark otherwise.

-Wes

#23 · (Edited)
BmW745On19's said:
Here is a Black over Black 2004 Coupe w/ SMG and all options and 19's (bling bling :D) going for $33k right now w/ reserve not met, it has 10k miles. Link

If your into Convertibles, they have a 2003 Navy Blue over Grey w/ Black Top M3 6-Speed with 5k miles for $44k and it has all options except for Navigation. That is a steal if you ask me. Link
04 SMG coupe! I wonder what his reserve is. 33k is a steal but it aint going to happen there.

Now! on that 03 grey cabrio for 44k. great color, priced right, if I was ready to deal, Id offer 2-3k less. if he accepts, Its a done deal.

#24 ·
Hercules said:
That's exactly my rationale... I'm looking for an '02 or '03 with CPO... I think I found it but I'm crossing my fingers to see that the deal goes thru :)
I read your deal didnt go thru, remember, half the fun is in the search.

#26 ·
dwette said:
And if you don't use/want a moonroof but the stealer convinces you to order one anyway, it's a waste of $1000+ Down the road it's rattles and repairs and leaks. Bah...I don't want it.
sometimes we have to think of resell too you know. I know its not for everyone. My e90 has it, most time I even forget its there, for I hardly use it.
but Im happy its there.
How much more lbs does it add to the car do you know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.