What would you do? - Page 5 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer

Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors from supporting BMW dealerships. Get all of your BMW pricing, ordering, buying, financing, and leasing questions answered here!

Old 04-27-2017, 06:48 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMTB View Post
Does the "buyers guide" sticker indicate that the car is CPO? I purchased a car in the past that indicated on the guide that it was CPO, and the dealer had not intended to sell it as such, and I was able to use that to force them to honoring the guide. Good luck.
Good point.

Present - '06 E90 330i sport; Past - '04 E46 ZHP, '00 E46 328i
www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2017, 07:10 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 550i MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
That's not the way a CPO works. One dealer cannot CPO a car then transfer it to another dealer. The retailing dealer CPOs the car. They do all of the CPO repair and reconditioning work and all of the paperwork involved in enrolling into the CPO warranty program. Dealers can "pre-enroll" a car into the CPO system indicating they intend to sell it as a CPO, but if they transfer/sell the car to another dealer the CPO never takes effect and the car IS NOT a CPO. ONLY the dealer retailing the car to the new owner can CPO the car. That dealer enrolls the car into the CPO program and pays the CPO enrollment fee to BMWNA. It is a REQUIREMENT of the CPO program that the selling CPO dealer provide to the buyer a completed copy of the four page CPO Inspection Checklist properly completed and signed by dealership personnel.

Now I'm regretting encouraging you to keep moving forward with this transaction. From what you have said it sounds very doubtful to me that you have a car that has been properly enrolled as a BMW CPO vehicle. One thing you might do it go to another dealership and have their service department bring up the vehicle records in the computer system and see if it reflects that your car has the CPO warranty. If it is properly enrolled in the program every BMW dealer in the country will be able to tell it by looking at the computer records.

It was probably a transfer from one Sonic store to another.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

2001 740i AW/Black MSport

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Today's Posts Search