BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

shaky wheel

976 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Fifty_Cent 
#1 ·
hi guys i think my discs need changing cos im getting a bad vibration thro my steering wheel when i brake,even low speeds gives me a shudder! anyone else had the same? also can anyone tell me if its easy to do disc change on my own!!!! any help would keep a happy man very old ! ta mateys.

#3 ·
You might also have you control arm bushings. I also had a shutter during braking even after I had changed all four rotors and pads. Someone mentioned the lower control arm bushings so I went out bought the pair and had my mechanic replace them and prestoe problem solved. Before you go through the expense have the rotors checked at local machine shop to see if they're warped. If they aren't then it's the control arm bushings. Rotor removal is fairly easy.

Hope this helps!

#4 · (Edited)
marco328 said:
You might also have you control arm bushings. I also had a shutter during braking even after I had changed all four rotors and pads. Someone mentioned the lower control arm bushings so I went out bought the pair and had my mechanic replace them and prestoe problem solved. Before you go through the expense have the rotors checked at local machine shop to see if they're warped. If they aren't then it's the control arm bushings. Rotor removal is fairly easy.

Hope this helps!
DEFINITELY CONTROL ARM bushings. MAke sure you check andchange them first before touching the brakes.
Also, you dont have to change the whole control arm, unless there is significant play of other ball bushings that are located on the control arm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.