Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > BMW i > BMW i3 I01 (2014 - Current)

BMW i3 I01 (2014 - Current)
The BMW i3 and BMW i8 are the first two cars launch under BMW's new sub brand BMW i. The i3 is an all carbon fiber, all electric vehicle meant for urban mobility.

Old 06-07-2016, 04:00 PM
Bimmerfest.com Founder

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
MY 2017 i3 Information, Pricing and Ordering Guides

2017 bmw i3 pricing

The 2017 BMW i3

With the Model Year 2017 BMW i3 (94 Ah), BMW i has taken electric mobility to the next level. A new, extended-range BMW i3 is now available to accompany BMW enthusiasts on their daily journey joyrides included.

The innovative BMW i3 is constructed from the ground up primarily from lightweight carbon fiber for maximum range. With an electric motor delivering 170 horsepower and 184 lb-ft of torque the i3 is quick off the line, and the upgrade lithium-ion batteries for 2017 provide 115 or so miles of emission-free driving. The BMW i3 offers interior space comparable to the BMW 3 Series on a shorter overall chassis. Its low 32.3-foot turning circle and a relatively long wheelbase make it agile and engaging to drive, ideally suited to driving in dense urban areas. As perhaps the most sustainably-manufactured passenger car in the world, the story of the i3's production process is equally compelling as the driving.

NEW BATTERY / RANGE
  • Available in both Battery Electric BMW i3 and BMW i3 with Range Extender
  • 50%+ increased battery capacity of 94 Ah vs. previous generation 60Ah
  • Total battery energy of 33 kWh (gross) / 27 kWh (net) vs. previous generation 22 kWh (gross) / 19 kWh (net)
  • Electric range of approximately 114* miles (combined hwy/city)
  • Battery dimensions remain unchanged despite higher capacity
  • Slightly increased weight due to increased energy density
  • i3 REx offers 25% effective increase in fuel tank size (2.4 gallons vs. 1.9 gallons)

Read more about the 2017 BMW i3 increased battery size

EFFICIENT CHARGING
  • BMW i3 (94 Ah) can charge the 33 kWh battery in approximately 4.5 hours using a Level 2 charger (slightly more than the approximately 3.5 hours required to charge the battery on a BMW i3 60Ah)
  • Standard equipment includes the occasional use cable for connection to a domestic power socket
  • The BMW i3 is equipped with the future-proof 50 kW direct current (DC) fast charging technology. When the BMW i3 (94 Ah) is connected to a DC fast charging station, the battery cells are charged up to a minimum of 80 percent of their capacity in less than 40 minutes. In the BMW i3 (60 Ah) this takes around 25 minutes. This means that the BMW i3 (94 Ah) achieves a charging speed of 2.5 mi/min, which corresponds to 24 minutes charging time per 62 miles of range.
  • ChargeNow DC Fast, offered by BMW in cooperation with EVgo, allows eligible BMW i3 drivers to enjoy 24 months of no cost charging sessions (at participating EVgo stations in select markets). Eligible and enrolled BMW i3 customers can use their ChargeNow card for unlimited 30 minute DC Fast Combo charging sessions and unlimited 1 hour Level 2 charging sessions.

2017 BMW i3 UPDATES
  • Standard profile includes
    • Deka World Interior Design Loft
    • No Cost DC Fast ChargeNow available for 2 years.
    • Advanced Real Time Traffic Information
    • Universal Garage Door Opener
    • 19-inch wheels
    • Comfort Access
  • New paint color Protonic Blue Metallic replaces Solar Orange
  • 5 additional paint options: Mineral Gray Metallic, Ionic Silver Metallic, Platinum Silver Metallic, Fluid Black, and Capparis White
  • Dark Oak Wood trim is available as part of the profile for Tera World, with an alternative Light Eucalyptus Wood trim available as an option. These trims are also available for ordering with Giga World.
  • Electric moonroof option now available for the first time in the US
  • One day BMW Performance Center Driving Experience is being offered.

2017 bmw i3 pricing

Read our full review of the all electric BMW i3

Bimmerfest brings you the 2017 BMW i3 ordering and pricing guides. Use these guides to figure out the options and pricing for your build and post it below.

2017 BMW i3 Pricing and Ordering Guides
BMW i3 Wins Two Categories in AAA 2016 Green Car of the Year Awards

Last edited by tim330i; 06-13-2016 at 12:00 PM.
Advertisement
Old 10-23-2016, 02:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 08 e83 LCI
5 greyscale shades and one hard to love color. Lame.

Let's hope the LCI shakes it up a bit.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:59 PM

Mein Auto: Infinity G35
Only $1200 difference between the 60 and 94 cell batteries? I cant imagine anyone buying the 60.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT; i3 BEV
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipnslider View Post
Only $1200 difference between the 60 and 94 cell batteries? I cant imagine anyone buying the 60.
They are stopping building the 60A pack next month. But, consider that there are people that do not need the additional cost or weight or range.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > BMW i > BMW i3 I01 (2014 - Current)
Today's Posts Search