bad senser? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M3 & M4 > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 04-25-2017, 03:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 330ci, 2006 530xi
bad senser?

Hi, my 05 m3 rag-top has been having some issues lately that are driving me nuts!! I can use all the input I can get thanks! About a month ago the airbag light came on then went off, then the turn signals would either not work or when they did they would not go of. It seemed to me that alot of electrical things were not functioning right, so I had battery checked and it was ok but alternator was not doing it's job. I had it replaced and all was good! but then about 3 days ago I took someone on a test drive on a special road near where I live, road is very twisty and never any traffic, so i hit some high speeds but everything was ok, but when I was done I noticed the air bag light came on for just a second or two, I drove home easy did not break any speed limits and everything seem good with the car. then today started it up airbag light stayed on as well as seat-belt light, also turn signals would not work or they would not go off. I called a friend who said it could be the sensor in the steering wheel. I drove it about 30 miles and things started to get better air bag light stayed off turn signals started to work etc. Parked car for about a hour then headed home everything was working great! But when I got home dashboard light would not go off I tried everything then left it for about 20 minutes came back finally they went off but now the buzzer that sounds when you get out of car but leave your keys in the ignition, would not go off that took me a while finally got it off, please can any body help???
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2017, 06:06 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto:
Google "BMW E46 hidden obc functions." Test #9 shows the voltage as seen by the computer. Is the new alternator "new" or rebuilt? If it's a rebuilt alternator, where did you buy it. What company did the rebuild? Is it a Bosch (yeah) or a Valeo (no yeah) alternator?
Old 04-26-2017, 08:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 330ci, 2006 530xi
hi thanks, I got a Bosch from ECU tuning I will check out Google thanks again, John

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M3 & M4 > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Today's Posts Search