Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > BMW i > BMW i3 I01 (2014 - Current)

BMW i3 I01 (2014 - Current)
The BMW i3 and BMW i8 are the first two cars launch under BMW's new sub brand BMW i. The i3 is an all carbon fiber, all electric vehicle meant for urban mobility.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 i3 REx; 00 540iA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davegsu View Post
I would love to see some monthly lease payments quoted on these deals. I'm considering a used i3 with an elite cpo warranty, but it sounds like leasing is the way to go.
I think leasing is getting worse every month. My 2014 BEV lease ended April and I've been following the i3 lease deals since mid last year - there were awesome deals Sep-Oct 2016 but it was too early for me, and it started getting progressively worse from there. You could get some good deals in the previous few months mostly from SoCal dealers (and for CA residents due to the state rebate). I got my BEV from out-of-state and was prepared to do the same on a new lease, and I tried hard, but could not find anything for a similar lease terms (I was paying $260/month for the BEV with $0 down - your idea of a deal might be different).

There is a long i3 lease thread on the Leasehackr forum - lots of good information there but is mostly SoCal related - getting old but still active - https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/lease...pdated-for-may

Since beginning of this month the MSD's are gone, which would make the deals worse and the MF has been going up for the last several months. It seems that dealers have been recently more willing to discount the sale price - people are speaking of 12-13% off, so that might help if you find the right dealer.

I ended up buying a Nissan Leaf after I accidentally stumbled upon a $10k rebate from Nissan (on top of the $7.5k tax rebate). This is my first non-BMW car for a long time and it's still a bit hard to swallow but I definitely did not want to go back to an ICE car, and this would make a good transition while waiting for the Model 3 to come along. Besides, I still have my REX.
2003 540iA M-sport - RIP
Old 05-20-2017, 10:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 3GT 28i, 2017 i3 REX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtanov View Post
I think leasing is getting worse every month.
This is very much the case. Consider that in the last few months:

--MSRP went up
--MF has increased for three consecutive months
--MSDs went away
--AARP discount was dropped

And next month the fleet discount drops from $1,500 to $500.

We were lucky enough to have ordered an i3 and locked in March. We took delivery earlier this month. I ran the numbers and the difference in monthly payments if we had been forced to use the May programs would have been $130 a month more. Note all of these things are BMW wide, not i3 specific. It is getting more expensive to lease almost any BMW.

If you don't need the extra range of the 2017 model and intend to keep the car long term a CPO car is probably the way to go at the moment. Just keep in mind the depreciation is high on most electric cars. By the end of the year there will be even more used i3's on the market and I'd expect to see prices for basic cars without all the packages down below $15K. Well equipped cars will be approaching $20K.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > BMW i > BMW i3 I01 (2014 - Current)
Today's Posts Search