Lost my front bumper tow coupling cover - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)

X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
The all new F15 BMW X5 started production August 2013 as a 2014 model year. The new X5 arrives in sDrive35i (RWD), xDrive35i, xDrive50i and a diesel xDrive 35d.

Old 08-27-2016, 10:39 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 535d x-Drive
Lost my front bumper tow coupling cover

and the primed replacement is ~ $20-$30. I get that.

BMW part 5118060131.

Nice mark-up on a .39 cent part.

The dealer wants $125 to paint it space gray.

I don't like that bill.

What you you expect to pay your dealer for this and what would you expect to pay a good body shop to paint this plastic part?
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2016, 05:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 435 Grand Coupe MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW View Post
and the primed replacement is ~ $20-$30. I get that.

BMW part 5118060131.

Nice mark-up on a .39 cent part.

The dealer wants $125 to paint it space gray.

I don't like that bill.

What you you expect to pay your dealer for this and what would you expect to pay a good body shop to paint this plastic part?
I dont know, but I wouldnt pay the dealer to paint it space gray if they are just painting that part. Even if they paint it, the part wont match the other paint on your car because your paint will have likely faded just a bit.

If the dealer is going to blend the paint on that part with the rest of your bumper that does not sound bad for paint blending.. but I am not an expert. I would trust a body shop that specializes in BMW paints and see what they charge (unless your dealer is also a body shop).
2016 435 Grand Coupe Estoril Blue MSport |Hex. EB Trim-Blk. Dakota | MSoort | Technology | Drivers Asst. | Drivers Assist+|Lighting |Track Pack W/ 442 Wheels |Heated Frnt Seats | Smartphone Integration | HK Stereo (His)

2016 X5 XDrive35d Space Grey |Blk Dakota W/ Fineline Oak | MSport | Lighting Pack | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | ACC W Stop N Go | 20" Wheels| Smartphone Integration | Multi Contour Seats | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341
Old 06-11-2017, 07:21 AM

Mein Auto: 328i
I was wondering the same thing for my car. Its weird that both of mine are even missing. Apart paint seems tacky but I bet if its done properly it may look OK? I'm going to try a body shop I use and see what they'll quote me. I have seen people using other enthusiast to paint theirs. Maybe I'll find one of those people.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:51 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F12 xDrive
I have payed $60 for the same thing. $17 part and the balance for painting. My BMW dealer has a Ford dealership as well. I think the parts department is run by Ford, because they suggested I get a can of spray paint to get close enough

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest
2009 X5 xDrive48i, Space Gray Metallic, Sand Beige interior (retired)
2008 335i Convertible, Monaco Blue Metallic, Saddle Brown interior (retired)
Old 06-11-2017, 08:06 PM
Registered Abuser

Mein Auto: 2015 BMW X5 M pkg
Bought mine on eBay then went to Automotive Paint supply shop. Gave them my paint code and they whipped me up a can of TiAG in a spray can (along with the clear coat finish built in) and I sprayed it with about 4-5 light coats. I bet you can't tell which headlight spray nozzle cover I painted.... paint can cost was about $11.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
Today's Posts Search