BMW x5 xdrive35i Sport vs. Comfort Seats Exchange - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)

X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
The all new F15 BMW X5 started production August 2013 as a 2014 model year. The new X5 arrives in sDrive35i (RWD), xDrive35i, xDrive50i and a diesel xDrive 35d.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:57 AM

Mein Auto: '15 x5d MSport
Ozam, are both the front seats uncomfortable for you, or just the driver's side? The reason I ask is that I recall somebody posting a long time ago on the E70 board that they found the factory had mis-installed a portion of the seat padding on one of the two front MC seats, and once it was fixed, it was great again.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 330i
If I am in the car I am driving!

But, I will check out the passenger seat. We too had an E70 and I found the ventilated MCs the best! There really are not words to describe how uncomfortable I find the drivers seat. My wife is not happy when I start complaining after about 15 minutes!! I deal with the problem by simply avoid the car as much as possible! It is her daily driver and she likes it.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:30 AM

Mein Auto: BMW x5 xdrive35i
Again want to thank everyone for feedback- it was quite informative. One thing I really have learned is you might choose an option like Heads up display. I wanted it on my new car. The demo I drove with Nappa seats had it and displayed speed limit along with current speed of car. So being a newbie like I have told all of you I expected it on my new car since I have Heads-up. Well I know you realize what I am getting too - my heads-up does not display speed limit.

Not sure what package or car I needed to have to show speed limit- maybe I needed the new Color Heads Up Display
BMW x5 xDr35i, Space Gray Metallic, Mocha Nappa Leather, Multi-Contour seats, M Sport,Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package, Lighting Package, Mocha Interior Design Package, Premium package, Adaptive M Suspension, and Harman Kardon surround sound.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkelley View Post
Again want to thank everyone for feedback- it was quite informative. One thing I really have learned is you might choose an option like Heads up display. I wanted it on my new car. The demo I drove with Nappa seats had it and displayed speed limit along with current speed of car. So being a newbie like I have told all of you I expected it on my new car since I have Heads-up. Well I know you realize what I am getting too - my heads-up does not display speed limit.

Not sure what package or car I needed to have to show speed limit- maybe I needed the new Color Heads Up Display

Have you looked at the HUD settings in iDrive yet? You can control what it displays - maybe the speed limit box isn't checked. There is only one HUD configuration on the F15, so it should show you speed limit info if it is enabled.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:04 AM

Mein Auto:
The speed limit display is part of the Driver Assistance Plus, which also includes blind spot and lane tracking assist.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papas View Post
The speed limit display is part of the Driver Assistance Plus, which also includes blind spot and lane tracking assist.
Ah, right - forgot about that.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:41 AM

Mein Auto:
Yes, nice option but I have found it sometimes mistakenly shows the Route number as the speed limit. There's a road near my house (Route 60) where the speed limit is 25 and per BMW I could go as fast as 60!
Old 05-06-2015, 01:55 PM

Mein Auto: BMW x5 xdrive35i
Yes I just texted my dealer and he said it is the Driver Assistance Plus package. I wonder if you can retro-fit the Driver Assistance package.
BMW x5 xDr35i, Space Gray Metallic, Mocha Nappa Leather, Multi-Contour seats, M Sport,Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package, Lighting Package, Mocha Interior Design Package, Premium package, Adaptive M Suspension, and Harman Kardon surround sound.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:18 PM

Mein Auto:
Not sure and don't think so unless there's a code out there. Please post what you find. Thanks.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 & 2012 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcal View Post
Ozam, are both the front seats uncomfortable for you, or just the driver's side? The reason I ask is that I recall somebody posting a long time ago on the E70 board that they found the factory had mis-installed a portion of the seat padding on one of the two front MC seats, and once it was fixed, it was great again.
I might have this issue on my 2012 E70. Do you happen to remember who posted that and in what context (to make a search easier)?

Edit: I might have found the thread. Is this it? http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...installed+seat

Last edited by finnbmw; 05-08-2015 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:42 AM

Mein Auto: X5
bucket vs sports vs multi contoured vs comfort seats

i have regular seats in my 2008 X5 that I find to be extremely uncomfortable. I thought the sports multi contoured seats were supposedly more comfortable. Which ones are the comfort seats? I want to be sure to have that in the next one I buy. When looking through the used X5's I either see the regular bucket like I have in 35i or the sport version which I thought were the same thing as the multi-contoured seats?
Old 06-16-2017, 03:43 PM

Mein Auto: X5 35D
Multi contoured and comfort seats ae the same.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 X5 35d
Seats are uncomfortable IMO... Wish there were better options out there. Trying to decide now what to do on lease end of x5d.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
Today's Posts Search