The ultimate check your BMW 3 Series F30 deal thread - Page 54 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums



Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1326  
Old 06-14-2017, 09:22 PM
WanaM WanaM is offline
Registered User
Location: Boston, MA
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: E36 M and a couple others
You're correct! I apologize, sometimes my dyslexia gets the best of me, it's a 335 I. OOPs!
Reply With Quote
  #1327  
Old 06-17-2017, 07:21 PM
Goffinlover Goffinlover is offline
Registered User
Location: San Diego
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 25
Mein Auto: 2016 BMW 328i
I was planning to special-order a 2017 330i and build a Melbourne Red/Coral Red Dakota leather configuration + specific packages/options. Plans were derailed when I noticed several new unsold 2016 328i sedans at a local dealership. Turns out they had roughly 45 2016s in various 3-series guise. Many were in seemingly unpopular combinations and all were deeply discounted. (Auto Nation "no haggle" dealer) I settled on the following:

328i Melbourne Red/Venetian Beige leather
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance and Driver Assistance Plus
Lighting Package
Premium Package
18" Performance Wheels
Navigation
Harman Kardon

MSRP = $51,510 less "no haggle" discount of $10,000
Trade was a 2013 Lexus ES300h and negotiated $1000 over appraised valuation.
Philosophically not a fan of leasing, so wrote a check for $25K and drove away. Interestingly, this was one of three on the lot of identical build!

I realize there are many angles to view a deal, and this one seemed reasonable for the waiver of the Coral Red and acceptance of a few unsought options. Certainly could have negotiated a significant MSRP reduction from a special order at the end of the 2017 cycle, and a 2016 likely has 95% of the goodness of a 2017! These vehicles seem to have significant drive-off depreciation, and no doubt a low-mile 2016 may be had for a steep discount. A subtle advantage learned by perusing the forum is that model-year 2017 reduced the included maintenance plan to 3yrs/36,000 from the previous 4/50.

Last edited by Goffinlover; 06-18-2017 at 06:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #1328  
Old 06-23-2017, 09:40 PM
vinnyzobud vinnyzobud is offline
Registered User
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: 228i
Hoping to get some of your thoughts. I'm being offered a lease agreement for a new 2017 330i xdrive:

link to build: https://www.bmwusa.com/byo.html#!/bu...kages/ddpt9uqq

MSRP: 50345
10k/yr for 36 months
$449/month
Drive off: $1500 (DMV, first month, etc).

I calculated the lease payment estimate using the guide we have here and I actually ended up with a higher payment (around $541/month). I guess what I'm really asking is the deal above too good to be true? Am I missing something here? I calculated the invoice price for this model and it came out to be at $47,485 and truecar average has it at $45,156 in my area. Any insight or input from you guys is much appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #1329  
Old 06-23-2017, 09:40 PM
vinnyzobud vinnyzobud is offline
Registered User
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: 228i
Hoping to get some of your thoughts. I'm being offered a lease agreement for a new 2017 330i xdrive:

link to build: https://www.bmwusa.com/byo.html#!/bu...kages/ddpt9uqq

MSRP: 50345
10k/yr for 36 months
$449/month
Drive off: $1500 (DMV, first month, etc).

I calculated the lease payment estimate using the guide we have here and I actually ended up with a higher payment (around $541/month). I guess what I'm really asking is the deal above too good to be true? Am I missing something here? I calculated the invoice price for this model and it came out to be at $47,485 and truecar average has it at $45,156 in my area. Any insight or input from you guys is much appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #1330  
Old 06-24-2017, 07:59 AM
jjrandorin jjrandorin is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5,620
Mein Auto: 435 Grand Coupe MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyzobud View Post
Hoping to get some of your thoughts. I'm being offered a lease agreement for a new 2017 330i xdrive:

link to build: https://www.bmwusa.com/byo.html#!/bu...kages/ddpt9uqq

MSRP: 50345
10k/yr for 36 months
$449/month
Drive off: $1500 (DMV, first month, etc).

I calculated the lease payment estimate using the guide we have here and I actually ended up with a higher payment (around $541/month). I guess what I'm really asking is the deal above too good to be true? Am I missing something here? I calculated the invoice price for this model and it came out to be at $47,485 and truecar average has it at $45,156 in my area. Any insight or input from you guys is much appreciated.
Maybe i am missing it, but where is the actual selling price of the car? What money factor is being used by the dealer to reach that monthly? What fees are included in that 1500?

All you put was a MSRP and a monthly payment for 10k a year miles for 3 years.
__________________
2016 435 Grand Coupe Estoril Blue MSport |Hex. EB Trim-Blk. Dakota | MSoort | Technology | Drivers Asst. | Drivers Assist+|Lighting |Track Pack W/ 442 Wheels |Heated Frnt Seats | Smartphone Integration | HK Stereo (His)

2016 X5 XDrive35d Space Grey |Blk Dakota W/ Fineline Oak | MSport | Lighting Pack | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | ACC W Stop N Go | 20" Wheels| Smartphone Integration | Multi Contour Seats | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341
Reply With Quote
  #1331  
Old 06-24-2017, 08:51 AM
Rebound Rebound is online now
Registered User
Location: California
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 87
Mein Auto: Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyzobud View Post
Hoping to get some of your thoughts. I'm being offered a lease agreement for a new 2017 330i xdrive:

link to build: https://www.bmwusa.com/byo.html#!/bu...kages/ddpt9uqq

MSRP: 50345
10k/yr for 36 months
$449/month
Drive off: $1500 (DMV, first month, etc).

I calculated the lease payment estimate using the guide we have here and I actually ended up with a higher payment (around $541/month). I guess what I'm really asking is the deal above too good to be true? Am I missing something here? I calculated the invoice price for this model and it came out to be at $47,485 and truecar average has it at $45,156 in my area. Any insight or input from you guys is much appreciated.
I can't do an apples-to-apples comparison, but you're paying $30,000 and you have nothing after three years. It is a totally loaded car, I'll grant you that, and maybe you really love it. But why not look for an unsold 2016 or a one or two year-old car with 6,000-10,000 miles? You'll pay about the same and then you'll own it.
Reply With Quote
  #1332  
Old 06-24-2017, 09:16 AM
sickk23 sickk23 is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Farmington, NM
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 418
Mein Auto: Lexus GS 350 F Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebound View Post
I can't do an apples-to-apples comparison, but you're paying $30,000 and you have nothing after three years. It is a totally loaded car, I'll grant you that, and maybe you really love it. But why not look for an unsold 2016 or a one or two year-old car with 6,000-10,000 miles? You'll pay about the same and then you'll own it.


But why? Then you'll own a car that needs a bunch of maintenance because it's getting old. No thanks. He's asking if his deal adds up, not if you think he should purchase or lease.
Reply With Quote
  #1333  
Old 06-24-2017, 10:37 AM
vinnyzobud vinnyzobud is offline
Registered User
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: 228i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
Maybe i am missing it, but where is the actual selling price of the car? What money factor is being used by the dealer to reach that monthly? What fees are included in that 1500?

All you put was a MSRP and a monthly payment for 10k a year miles for 3 years.
Sorry about that. True car value around my area is at $45,156. I'm not so sure about the money factor though..

Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #1334  
Old 06-24-2017, 11:50 AM
jjrandorin jjrandorin is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5,620
Mein Auto: 435 Grand Coupe MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyzobud View Post
Sorry about that. True car value around my area is at $45,156. I'm not so sure about the money factor though..

Thank you.
Hello,

I am not asking what true car valued the car. I am asking at what the dealership is offering to sell it to you for, which It seems like you dont know.

What is the selling price of the car?
__________________
2016 435 Grand Coupe Estoril Blue MSport |Hex. EB Trim-Blk. Dakota | MSoort | Technology | Drivers Asst. | Drivers Assist+|Lighting |Track Pack W/ 442 Wheels |Heated Frnt Seats | Smartphone Integration | HK Stereo (His)

2016 X5 XDrive35d Space Grey |Blk Dakota W/ Fineline Oak | MSport | Lighting Pack | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | ACC W Stop N Go | 20" Wheels| Smartphone Integration | Multi Contour Seats | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341
Reply With Quote
  #1335  
Old 06-24-2017, 12:03 PM
vinnyzobud vinnyzobud is offline
Registered User
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: 228i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
Hello,

I am not asking what true car valued the car. I am asking at what the dealership is offering to sell it to you for, which It seems like you dont know.

What is the selling price of the car?
Selling price is $44,680. So to summarize:

MSRP: $50,345
Selling price: $44,680
10k/yr for 36 months
$449/month
Down: $0
Drive-off: $1500

Hope this helps.

Last edited by vinnyzobud; 06-24-2017 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Updated my post
Reply With Quote
  #1336  
Old 06-24-2017, 12:21 PM
jjrandorin jjrandorin is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5,620
Mein Auto: 435 Grand Coupe MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyzobud View Post
Selling price is $44,680. So to summarize:

MSRP: $50,345
Selling price: $44,680
10k/yr for 36 months
$449/month
Down: $0
Drive-off: $1500

Hope this helps.
The selling price looks decent, but (at least for me) I can not gauge a deal unless I know what is happening. So, the additional information I feel is needed is:

1. What is included in the 1500 drive offs? (like the actual break down that adds up to 1500... both official and unofficial fees such as registration, doc fee etc. I suspect that the 1500 does not include the lease acquisition fee for example, but we dont know...

2. What is the money factor (interest rate for leases) used in the quote?

3. Are you getting any sort of corporate discount, etc? Any other incentives being used in your quote?

You say you "calculated the lease payment". if you did so, you would have had to include a money factor in any lease calculation. So, what exactly did you calculate to get to your figure? Its obviously off as its 100 different than the dealers, but in order to evaluate it, the above is the minimum I would need. Maybe others can give you an opinion without that information if you dont want to provide it.

Like I said, sales price looks good, but sales price is just 1 piece of the deal. Interest rate / money factor, and fees are other big parts that tend to get hidden (like in your deal because I am assuming you dont have a breakdown of the fees, nor the money factor or you would have posted it)
__________________
2016 435 Grand Coupe Estoril Blue MSport |Hex. EB Trim-Blk. Dakota | MSoort | Technology | Drivers Asst. | Drivers Assist+|Lighting |Track Pack W/ 442 Wheels |Heated Frnt Seats | Smartphone Integration | HK Stereo (His)

2016 X5 XDrive35d Space Grey |Blk Dakota W/ Fineline Oak | MSport | Lighting Pack | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | ACC W Stop N Go | 20" Wheels| Smartphone Integration | Multi Contour Seats | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341
Reply With Quote
  #1337  
Old 06-25-2017, 09:27 AM
Bmw330kpw Bmw330kpw is offline
Registered User
Location: California
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: Honda
Is this price right on a new 330i?

Hi Folks

Being a first time BMW buyer, wanted to get some inputs to see if the price is right?

2017 330i (Driver Assistance, White metallic, black interior, Premium package, Navigation System, Heated front seat, Apple car)

Here is what the dealer is coating

MSRP $46800
Suggested price $44300
Sale price $43400
Employee discount $2500
Final price $40900 +Fees

She does not want to deal a price which is lower than this.

Any suggestions/inputs welcome

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #1338  
Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM
nyclife nyclife is offline
Registered User
Location: New York City
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 7
Mein Auto: Ml350
Im a lease broker and that deal looks good, its about what im seeing. That is to vinny.

Last edited by nyclife; Yesterday at 08:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #1339  
Old Yesterday, 08:43 AM
vinnyzobud vinnyzobud is offline
Registered User
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: 228i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
The selling price looks decent, but (at least for me) I can not gauge a deal unless I know what is happening. So, the additional information I feel is needed is:

1. What is included in the 1500 drive offs? (like the actual break down that adds up to 1500... both official and unofficial fees such as registration, doc fee etc. I suspect that the 1500 does not include the lease acquisition fee for example, but we dont know...

2. What is the money factor (interest rate for leases) used in the quote?

3. Are you getting any sort of corporate discount, etc? Any other incentives being used in your quote?

You say you "calculated the lease payment". if you did so, you would have had to include a money factor in any lease calculation. So, what exactly did you calculate to get to your figure? Its obviously off as its 100 different than the dealers, but in order to evaluate it, the above is the minimum I would need. Maybe others can give you an opinion without that information if you dont want to provide it.

Like I said, sales price looks good, but sales price is just 1 piece of the deal. Interest rate / money factor, and fees are other big parts that tend to get hidden (like in your deal because I am assuming you dont have a breakdown of the fees, nor the money factor or you would have posted it)
Thanks for the replies everyone. I was able to get more info which should help, thanks for breaking it down for me really well. To summarize with additional info:

MSRP: 50345
Selling price: 43620
Money factor: .00130
10k / 36 months
449/mo
Down: 0
Drive-off: $1500 (this includes all fees: DMV, doc, first month, acquisition)

The only incentive I know of is the the dealership is offering $2k off which is part of the quote. No other incentives are being added.

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  #1340  
Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM
jjrandorin jjrandorin is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5,620
Mein Auto: 435 Grand Coupe MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyzobud View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone. I was able to get more info which should help, thanks for breaking it down for me really well. To summarize with additional info:

MSRP: 50345
Selling price: 43620
Money factor: .00130
10k / 36 months
449/mo
Down: 0
Drive-off: $1500 (this includes all fees: DMV, doc, first month, acquisition)

The only incentive I know of is the the dealership is offering $2k off which is part of the quote. No other incentives are being added.

Thanks again.
that looks pretty solid, with the exception that if you are being quoted .00130 on the MF that means they are quoting you on a corporate discount (either corporate discount, or some sort of affiliation that provides the corporate discount). If thats the case, that means your number also includes a 1500 discount for corporate discount for leasing. If not, I am not sure how they are getting to .00130 MF number since base rate right now is .00150 (unless you locked in earlier?)

I havent run it through a lease calculator but it looks pretty solid all around.
__________________
2016 435 Grand Coupe Estoril Blue MSport |Hex. EB Trim-Blk. Dakota | MSoort | Technology | Drivers Asst. | Drivers Assist+|Lighting |Track Pack W/ 442 Wheels |Heated Frnt Seats | Smartphone Integration | HK Stereo (His)

2016 X5 XDrive35d Space Grey |Blk Dakota W/ Fineline Oak | MSport | Lighting Pack | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | ACC W Stop N Go | 20" Wheels| Smartphone Integration | Multi Contour Seats | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341
Reply With Quote
  #1341  
Old Today, 04:50 AM
BeemerGuy's Avatar
BeemerGuy BeemerGuy is offline
former motorcycle rider
Location: Raleigh area, NC, USA, Earth
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 464
Mein Auto: F06
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclife View Post
Im a lease broker and that deal looks good, its about what im seeing. That is to vinny.
So, if you don't mind, I'm curious. When I was searching SwapALease recently, I saw a bunch of ads from brokers such as yourself for competitive leasing deals. How do you make your money on those deals, is it just the spread between what the car sells for and the lease amount, or commission from the leasing company, or something else? I'm just curious because it does seem like a good alternative from conventional "go to the dealer and make your best deal" with potentially fewer fees and less hassle.
__________________
F06 (ours)
E90 (hers)
Reply With Quote
  #1342  
Old Today, 05:18 AM
jjrandorin jjrandorin is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5,620
Mein Auto: 435 Grand Coupe MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerGuy View Post
So, if you don't mind, I'm curious. When I was searching SwapALease recently, I saw a bunch of ads from brokers such as yourself for competitive leasing deals. How do you make your money on those deals, is it just the spread between what the car sells for and the lease amount, or commission from the leasing company, or something else? I'm just curious because it does seem like a good alternative from conventional "go to the dealer and make your best deal" with potentially fewer fees and less hassle.
nyclife has posted an answer to that exact question before. Here is the answer he posted before...


Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclife View Post
Every Broker works differently. Some get a kickback/cut off the top from the dealer and have to meet monthly quotas on how many cars the move. I charge a flat fee to the customer as I don't feel comfortable with people not knowing how much I get paid and want them to get the best deal (happens with the kickback). My fee is 200. I charge 100 when the customer accepts the car and the price for that car. Another 100 when the deal is signed. For whatever reason, if the deal doesn't go through but they've paid me the first 100 I can find them up to four more deals. Like I said, this is just how I operate in no way is it uniform to the lease brokering market.
__________________
2016 435 Grand Coupe Estoril Blue MSport |Hex. EB Trim-Blk. Dakota | MSoort | Technology | Drivers Asst. | Drivers Assist+|Lighting |Track Pack W/ 442 Wheels |Heated Frnt Seats | Smartphone Integration | HK Stereo (His)

2016 X5 XDrive35d Space Grey |Blk Dakota W/ Fineline Oak | MSport | Lighting Pack | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | ACC W Stop N Go | 20" Wheels| Smartphone Integration | Multi Contour Seats | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2015 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms