New 335I and in the shop for a week already, advice needed - Page 4 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 02-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 08 335I vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by anE934fun View Post
Out of curiosity, does SC Lemon Law require written notification to be provided to BMWNA? If you haven't sent a written letter with proof of delivery, BMWNA can deny that they have any obligation to you (which is what it seems is happening).

In my circumstance (E93 with water leaks just like yours), I sent the letter after the first failed attempt at repair. The letter was sent Express Mail so I had proof of sending and receipt by BMWNA. After the third failed repair attempt, I had an attorney in the picture who has a very successful track record in Lemon Law litigation. You may not believe it, but if you are not represented by an attorney, manufacturers do not treat you seriously. But then again, you are experiencing first hand how BMWNA is not treating you seriously.... When the car went in for the 5th attempt to repair (proof that there were 4 previous unsuccessful repair attempts), BMWNA decided it was time to throw in the towel and sent the Repurchase Agreement paperwork to my attorney. Once I sent in the notarized signature page (so they knew that I was truly me...), things moved quickly (~2 weeks from sending in the signed Repurchase Agreement to receipt of the check for the car.
Letters mailed to customer relations and the legal department, BMW NA has them, they say we do not recognize the issue and is in denial about the 3 times that Rick Hendricks BMW has attempted to repair the car and another on site inspection that BMW NA stood me up on, they lost their regional engineer for a few days, after they insisted that I let them inspect the car for my Lemon Law complaint at a specific date that they made.
The SC AG office sent my complaint to the consumer affairs department and the case is classified as unresolved between that parties.
So to go forward with my Lemon law complaint and misrepresentation lawsuit I have to get a local attorney.
BMW NA customerless service at its best.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
And I imagine that the expense of the attorney is on your dime? One reason to live in CA - the consumer's Lemon Law attorney expense is on the manufacturer....
Old 02-02-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
And I imagine that the expense of the attorney is on your dime? One reason to live in CA - the consumer's Lemon Law attorney expense is on the manufacturer....
For every dollar I spend on a payment I will spent 2x that amount on Media ( newspaper ads, bulletin boards, flyer's, etc )

I have already talked to a few local attorneys, they will take the case at no cost.

I will be posting everyones email and phone number from BMW NA that I have talked to, along with what was said.
Plus I have the email addys to most of the higher up's at BMW BE that I can post.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Been there, Done that.

Mein Auto: Does it matter?
I'd say take it to court. Good luck bro. Keep us updated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:11 PM

Mein Auto: Depends of the day
Yeah, keep it going.....and going....and going....
The point of owning a BMW - the reason people pay the tariff and put up with the theft risk - is that they're marvelous driving machines. Plenty of vehicles offer high-quality transportation and driving pleasure for less money, but they don't feel like a BMW.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:24 PM

Mein Auto: something cool...soon
good luck man.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
I'd say take it to court. Good luck bro. Keep us updated.
Talked to 4 differnt law firms today, they are all chomping at the bit for me to sign on the dotted line.
Paperwork will be finished and signed on Thursday afternoon as the next escalation step.
Called the local dealer for one last chance, the Rick Hendrick BMW dealerships GM was a arsh to me again. Every time I have talked to them, their story changes.
They think I should bring it in for the 4th time for them to try and fix it, funny that its the 4th time for them and BMW NA says it will be the 2nd
Had a hour long interview with one of the local media sources to, the man was just shacking his head in disbelief, just like the dealership will be when it goes live on a nation medias website soon.
I swear I just heard thunder in the background
Old 02-03-2009, 07:40 PM

Keep their feet to the fire.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:49 AM
Road or Beach

Mein Auto: 2015 428i conv
It hard to believe that the response from BMW is so poor. If the facts are as you represent them here it seems clear that the car should never have been sold as new and they have failed to resolve your issue.

When I had engine issues with my e90 by the 4th time the GM of my dealer understood my frustration and put in for a trade assist. I had a brand new e90 in a week and was made completely whole on the deal and even got a better vehicle in the way of options. My experience was 360 of yours.

Feel for you, good luck.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:37 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 E90 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestlaxer View Post
i dont get why people dont just save up and buy new cars...=|
are you 12 or you REALLY don't get?

To OP -- sounds like someone was driving the car and put into curb...
Old 02-04-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl_cyclist View Post
It hard to believe that the response from BMW is so poor. If the facts are as you represent them here it seems clear that the car should never have been sold as new and they have failed to resolve your issue.

When I had engine issues with my e90 by the 4th time the GM of my dealer understood my frustration and put in for a trade assist. I had a brand new e90 in a week and was made completely whole on the deal and even got a better vehicle in the way of options. My experience was 360 of yours.

Feel for you, good luck.
Thanks, thats exactly what my Attorney said
Old 02-05-2009, 09:41 PM

Mein Auto: Depends of the day
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl_cyclist View Post

Feel for you, good luck.
he is going to win.
The point of owning a BMW - the reason people pay the tariff and put up with the theft risk - is that they're marvelous driving machines. Plenty of vehicles offer high-quality transportation and driving pleasure for less money, but they don't feel like a BMW.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:59 PM
;p

Mein Auto: bike w/ ET mod
what an epicly entertaining thread. good luck. no mercy.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to mickey513
Mein Auto: e46
In for updates
Old 02-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Officially a BMW Homer.

Mein Auto: 2008 335i
I could see a manager getting canned for something like this if it gets enough exposure. By the looks of the OP, that is his full intention rightfully so! I'm pulling for ya

335i JB4 6MT: Goes from 0-60 in the time it took you to read this.
SSTT turbo chip for sale in the Classifieds
Old 04-12-2009, 04:16 PM

Legal Papers filed if fed and state courts, the longer I wait for BMW and Rick Hendricks to man up, the more pissed I get

Last edited by xtremecruiser; 04-12-2009 at 04:17 PM. Reason: dolp
Old 04-12-2009, 06:20 PM

Mein Auto: 06 325i
Good Luck !

keep us updated

Old 04-12-2009, 06:40 PM

Mein Auto: 07 335i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremecruiser View Post
Legal Papers filed if fed and state courts, the longer I wait for BMW and Rick Hendricks to man up, the more pissed I get
What do you mean by this? Are you suing BMW at both the state and federal level? I'm also trying to figure out why a lawyer would take this case at no charge? They would normally do this only if they stand to make out in a settlement. Given that the outcome would be a new car for you, what do they get?
Old 04-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Bimmerdex 7.4!

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsent View Post
What do you mean by this? Are you suing BMW at both the state and federal level? I'm also trying to figure out why a lawyer would take this case at no charge? They would normally do this only if they stand to make out in a settlement. Given that the outcome would be a new car for you, what do they get?
I smell...something...odd.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsent View Post
I don't know about SC, so what I going to say only applies to California Lemon Law....

California Lemon Law provides for the attorney to be paid their usual and customary fee for the litigation. As a result, the attorney is certain to be paid if the Lemon Law jurisdiction threshold has been met. As far as the federal lawsuit, I don't know what the attorney is claiming that gets into U.S. District court, but it should be interesting. Also, the outcome in California is not limited to a new car; the Plaintiff gets all of their cash back less a deduction for reasonable use.

Hint to BMW - if the facts are as alleged, it is time to settle. It only gets more expensive the longer the case is in litigation....
Old 04-13-2009, 06:44 AM

Mein Auto: 07 335i Coupe
Quote:
I don't know about SC, so what I going to say only applies to California Lemon Law....

California Lemon Law provides for the attorney to be paid their usual and customary fee for the litigation. As a result, the attorney is certain to be paid if the Lemon Law jurisdiction threshold has been met. As far as the federal lawsuit, I don't know what the attorney is claiming that gets into U.S. District court, but it should be interesting. Also, the outcome in California is not limited to a new car; the Plaintiff gets all of their cash back less a deduction for reasonable use.

Hint to BMW - if the facts are as alleged, it is time to settle. It only gets more expensive the longer the case is in litigation....
From what I see, SC doesn't cover the legal fees, so the lawyers go after the dealer and manufacturer. That's what the online lemon law lawyer sites say anyway. Call me suspicious, but I always get skeptical when the words "lawyer" and "free" are used in the same sentence. It doesn't look like this case has even gotten to arbitration, which will happen before anything goes to court.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Enjoying Your Money

Mein Auto: 2009 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremecruiser View Post
Just a classic case of misrepresentation by the dealership.
Told the car is new, in perfect conditions, and it was checked over, its perfect.
I could have crashed it with 2 bent rims and a giant bubble in a tire and killed my kid and myself.
It gets better.. ever seen a water fall bmw ?
The car has been in the shop 3 times for the same leak, seals replaced, rubber goo placed all over the sides to try and patch the leak.
I can not wash the car, I can not drive it in the rain, I hate looking at it right now.
Mailed a certified letter to BMW NA requesting a arbitration hearing to return the car under the SC Lemon Law statute ( to the addy BMW gave me ), A customer relations manager calls me a few weeks ago about a thread about my POS car and wants to have the car inspected by their regional engineer, she give me a certain day and says that the only day he can see it or I will have to wait till next year for my LL claim.
So I take off work and get stood up, no email, no call, nothing.
The dealers top shop guy goes for a ride with me to look at it and I gave him a towel so he did not get soaked. He was kinda in shock and admitted that someone gued up the seals to try and help fix the leak.
The customer relations rep does not even say sorry and tells me that thay did not get my LL letter, even though I have a signed return reciet, she then says it does not count since I did not send it to the attention of the "legal department"
It's been over a week since they got the second one and are still ignoring me

Emailed BMW this week and let the customer service rep that had been emailing and talking me that I would be giving her name to the States attorney generals office and the local media tv stations.
She sends me a nasty email that I should have taken the offer from the dealership of trading it in for market value on another vehicle and that that offer may still be on the table
I fire off a reply to her, BMW CEO, the board of directors at BMW NA and BMW DE.
I get a nasty voice mail TELLING me that I am not allowed to email BMW DE or others anymore and that someone will call me later in the day to talk to me about my car.
That was 2 days ago.
Customer service at its bets.
Who wants my email list ?

The video of my car at a car wash
Stop the argument and get a lawyer. I know a great one in California, not sure if he can handle other states, but give him a call and ask for a referral in your state. His name is Kurt Delsack 888-395-3666. You are not the expert therefore BMW will jerk you around until you give up, as soon as the lawyer steps in they'll transform into a little p***y cats. Remember BMW will even pay your lawyer as per Cali law (check your state).

Last edited by the328; 04-13-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:27 AM

Mein Auto: Infiniti G35 coupe
so whats the status?
Old 04-13-2009, 11:44 AM
.oo=||=oo.

Mein Auto: Bimmers
Quote:
Originally Posted by the328 View Post
Stop the argument and get a lawyer. ...
+1.

By the way, I'm having a hard time believing that the dealership would let the car out from a repair with such a big leak (or any leak, period). Did you have them prove to you they stopped the leak after each repair (hosing it with water as a test should be pretty easy, as would riding it thru their carwash). I'd have repeated this after operating the top a few times. As well, I'd have consulted with the tech doing the repair to try and understand the problem and get as much information either to help solve the problem or for use later in a lawsuit.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:55 AM

Mein Auto: Infiniti G35 coupe
any news?

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search