New 335I and in the shop for a week already, advice needed - Page 5 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 08-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 08 335I vert
Just waiting for my day in court, 17 pages in the complaint, I kinda hope they let it go to court since I have all the local media waiting for that day so they can be on TV trying to explain their logic.
I showed the dealership the leak in person, they don't car, neither does BMW NA

Last edited by xtremecruiser; 08-07-2009 at 12:41 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-08-2009, 12:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremecruiser View Post
Just waiting for my day in court, 17 pages in the complaint, I kinda hope they let it go to court since I have all the local media waiting for that day so they can be on TV trying to explain their logic.
I showed the dealership the leak in person, they don't car, neither does BMW NA
What is the schedule? Presumably you have filed the complaint; so, you should have some idea of the schedule.... Once BMW NA has to do serious work (things like attend depositions, show up for hearings come to mind), that tends to focus the attention of the parties to a lawsuit. Until they have to start putting energy into a case, they can continue to engage in denial.

In CA, the cost of the Lemon Law plaintiff's attorney is paid by the manufacturer, which tends to focus attention early on, since the longer the case drags on, the more expensive it is for the manufacturer. But SC doesn't seem to work that way....
Old 08-08-2009, 06:15 AM
BMW CCA Member #420698

Mein Auto: 09 335i
I wouldn't buy any BMW used CPO or not,especially a 335.
90% of used 335's are lease turn ins.
People usually don't care about leases and abuse them.Especially a performance car.
Leases are like Hertz rentals too most people.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:29 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestlaxer View Post
i dont get why people dont just save up and buy new cars...=|
Those of us that can are indeed fortunate. Human nature is to get a deal. Not such a deal as I read the original post. BMW dependability and price structure is a real issue. You never know what you are getting when buying used. I suppose a used Japanese car, lexus may be a better chance for reliability.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:13 AM

Mein Auto: BMW's: E90 and F22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeb427 View Post
People usually don't care about leases and abuse them.Especially a performance car.
Probably true. That's why I made sure the 2007 CPO 328i that I bought was a BMW corporate car. The execs. drive a new BMW for a year, then turn it in to be CPO'd. They are more likely to drive these vehicles with care since they work for the company and know in advance that the vehicle will be sold as a CPO.

Predictably, I have the vehicle for almost a year now and it has been flawless.

I would never buy any CPO if it was a lease turn-in.
2015 Alpine White 228i Coupe ("El Chapo") with Sport Line, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, FineLine Stream Wood Trim, Lighting Package, Driver Assistance Package and Track Handling Package and those wonderful non-runflat Michelin Pilot Super Sport Summer Tires.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:21 AM
BMW CCA Member #420698

Mein Auto: 09 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpowders View Post
Probably true. That's why I made sure the 2007 CPO 328i that I bought was a BMW corporate car. The execs. drive a new BMW for a year, then turn it in to be CPO'd. They are more likely to drive these vehicles with care since they work for the company and know in advance that the vehicle will be sold as a CPO.

Predictably, I have the vehicle for almost a year now and it has been flawless.

I would never buy any CPO if it was a lease turn-in.

Ok,that type of CPO would be an exception.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Ok,that type of CPO would be an exception.
All one has to do is get the VIN # and then do a Carfax and an Autocheck. If it was leased, you will know it. I would rather buy a new vehicle than take a chance on an off-lease CPO.

The corporate-driven CPOs should be the cream of the used crop.

I paid $29k for a loaded $42k 328i when new; no dings or scratches; flawless interior; low mileage; 3 years and 3 months left on the 4 year free maintenance warranty. No problems-the car runs like new. The car is completely paid for and I got a BMWCCA $500 rebate.

You can drive a new 2009 Honda Accord EX L V6 or a slightly used loaded corporate-driven CPO 2008 BMW 328i for just about the same price. Kind of a no-brainer.
2015 Alpine White 228i Coupe ("El Chapo") with Sport Line, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, FineLine Stream Wood Trim, Lighting Package, Driver Assistance Package and Track Handling Package and those wonderful non-runflat Michelin Pilot Super Sport Summer Tires.

Last edited by hpowders; 08-08-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anE934fun View Post
What is the schedule? Presumably you have filed the complaint; so, you should have some idea of the schedule.... Once BMW NA has to do serious work (things like attend depositions, show up for hearings come to mind), that tends to focus the attention of the parties to a lawsuit. Until they have to start putting energy into a case, they can continue to engage in denial.

In CA, the cost of the Lemon Law plaintiff's attorney is paid by the manufacturer, which tends to focus attention early on, since the longer the case drags on, the more expensive it is for the manufacturer. But SC doesn't seem to work that way....
Asked my lawyer for a update, the local dealership did reply with denying everything
Old 08-08-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Asked my lawyer for a update, the local dealership did reply with denying everything
Who is being sued - the local dealership or BMW NA? If an action is being brought under the SC Lemon Law, BMW NA is still the manufacturer. I hope BMW NA is named as a defendant in the complaint. As far as denying everything, that is a standard response.... Then you have the burden to prove what you are alleging in your complaint. As I mentioned in my earlier post, until it gets a little further down the road, BMW NA isn't going to be losing much sleep. It has to be costing BMW NA real $ before they start to pay attention. For them, it is just business....
Old 08-08-2009, 11:30 PM
owned

Mein Auto: 2006 E90
sounds like the OP shouldnt have been so dumb?! should have bimmerfested more...

| 2006 325i | ZSP | 6MT | A22 Color | Debagged | CF Grille |
| CF Roudels | CF Eyelids | CF M5 Spoiler | 30% Tint |
"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
Old 08-09-2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Who is being sued - the local dealership or BMW NA? If an action is being brought under the SC Lemon Law, BMW NA is still the manufacturer. I hope BMW NA is named as a defendant in the complaint. As far as denying everything, that is a standard response.... Then you have the burden to prove what you are alleging in your complaint. As I mentioned in my earlier post, until it gets a little further down the road, BMW NA isn't going to be losing much sleep. It has to be costing BMW NA real $ before they start to pay attention. For them, it is just business....
Both are, legal system takes is all I keep hearing
Old 08-09-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re1nkE View Post
sounds like the OP shouldnt have been so dumb?! should have bimmerfested more...
Nice reply, when you have something or real value to add, please let me know.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Both are, legal system takes is all I keep hearing
Magic 8 Ball says you have a bit longer to wait to get to resolution....
Old 08-09-2009, 03:20 PM
owned

Mein Auto: 2006 E90
Quote:
Nice reply, when you have something or real value to add, please let me know.
dont hold your breath

| 2006 325i | ZSP | 6MT | A22 Color | Debagged | CF Grille |
| CF Roudels | CF Eyelids | CF M5 Spoiler | 30% Tint |
"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
Old 08-09-2009, 03:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 M3
I would be just as frustrated and probably more. All of us would be dissapointed. I hope resolution will be reached soon.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Magic 8 Ball says you have a bit longer to wait to get to resolution....
I checked both colors, black and purple, they both said things are cloudy and I should ask again later.
I would have taken a settlement when I was in communication with BMW, now it looks like I could be the first to actually go to court with a LL and misrepresentation suit against both BMW NA and Rick Hendricks auto.
The longer they stall, the more media I will have covering the court case and the more public it becomes.
I was shopping Highway Displays, Billboards, last week, surprising how cheap they are right now. Talk radio would also like me to talk about my experience.
Each payment I make in this wrecked, damaged, un repairable POS of a car they knowingly mis represented as a new car the worse it will get.
BMW NA and DE know the local dealer FU but they didn't have the balls to push the local dealer and that was a mistake.
Next week I add the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of everyone at BMW NA customer service that I have talked to, next it will be all the contacts at BMW NA, after that its BMW DE to the website.
I can only hope that I will make a example of the horrible customer service relations that BMW NA has become and others that have issues later will get better service than I have gotten.
It's a fracking BMW anyway, not a Mustang
Old 08-09-2009, 06:19 PM

Rick Hendricks BMW is on BMW's honor roll as one of the country's best dealers. Shows the list isn't worth the paper it got printed on.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpowders View Post
Rick Hendricks BMW is on BMW's honor roll as one of the country's best dealers. Shows the list isn't worth the paper it got printed on.
They need to edit that list asap, and if they are one of the best... I would hate to see a bad one
BTW BMW NA knows how bad they are, just goes to show you that BMW Customer service is not what is used to be

Last edited by xtremecruiser; 08-09-2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-14-2009, 05:06 PM

On a side note, I was at that same car wash in the video today and watched a Cadillac XLR-V go through the TCW.
I talked to the owner of the car, not a drop inside
Saw a 06 vert vett go through it last week to, no drips either
Old 08-14-2009, 05:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
Quote:
Man, right on.
Work with girl, she is a 335 (all packages, full load) owner - own car for 2 yrs. Change oil first time a few weeks back.
On my question: Why take you 1 yrs to get oil change?????? - well, I'm to busy to go to dealership.

'16 320i Alpine White/Black/AT [ZDA, 494, 205, 459, 403]
Old 08-16-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB330 View Post
Man, right on.
Work with girl, she is a 335 (all packages, full load) owner - own car for 2 yrs. Change oil first time a few weeks back.
On my question: Why take you 1 yrs to get oil change?????? - well, I'm to busy to go to dealership.
With BMW's free maint, they don't change the oil but every 15-20k miles
Old 08-29-2009, 06:18 PM

Rained really hard last night, good thing I leave towels in the seats.. UGH
Old 11-01-2009, 11:57 AM

Car goes in for service tomorrow

Old 11-10-2009, 04:16 PM

Mein Auto: 335i Coupe
Ahhhh...my papers were served to BMW NA, but that rear windshield is nice. Well, at least BMW is now listening....there must be a boat load of buybacks out there. I wish I knew the percentage.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search