Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-01-2009, 12:01 PM

Mein Auto: 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
I take it there are marks on the bolts then?
that and u can compare each side and see one has had the bolts removed
Old 09-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 87 alfa romeo, 09 328i MT
On the lawyer thing, somthimes that is not the best approach.....depending on how much $ is involved, they can soak you just for the retainer. Try your best to work around "lawyers", for your sake.

Oh, which dealership was it? It would be good to know.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:57 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: 335i
you might need a lawyer for this one

BMW CREE LED ANGEL EYES ALL BMW MODELS MTEC V3 V4 DTEC V7 V8 V9 V10 V11 V12 V13 RGB V14 NO ERROR
BMW ACCESSORIES and PARTS
BMW LED INTERIOR KITS ALL BMW MODELS
please PM/Email us for Bimmerfest member BMW discount/combo pricing
info@e92-lighting.com "e90post5" for 5% off as the promo code at checkout
Old 09-01-2009, 02:10 PM

Mein Auto: E90 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
your ongoing 335-envy is not only becoming a bore to read, you're no longer making sense. Congratulations! You're the first 'fester to make my ignore list.:asshole:
lmao, priceless...

but good luck with the car situation tho
Old 09-01-2009, 03:07 PM

Mein Auto: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
your ongoing 335-envy is not only becoming a bore to read, you're no longer making sense. Congratulations! You're the first 'fester to make my ignore list.:asshole:
im sure he'll lose sleep over that.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:41 PM

Mein Auto: 08 335I vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spagolli94 View Post
I bought mine CPO with a clean CarFax report. Over the course of the next couple months, I came to find out that the car had a cracked control arm bushing, bent strut and three bent rims. A third party mechanic told me the body work was okay, but he must have run over some monster potholes. Luckily I got them items replaced under warranty and the car is all sorted out now. But it did ruin my faith in the CPO process. It's just a selling tool - they obviously don't take the time to really inspect the cars. Good luck, I hope it all works out for you.
Unreal, BMW's customerless service
Old 09-01-2009, 06:38 PM

Well this is the updated news. They are taking back my 328i and my dad is going to buy a M3 and put the money towards it. We are not going to lose money or gain money
Old 09-01-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotallanswers View Post
Well this is the updated news. They are taking back my 328i and my dad is going to buy a M3 and put the money towards it. We are not going to lose money or gain money
They had no choice but to give you your money back or wait and lose in court
Get your money back first, then shop for a M3
Old 09-01-2009, 08:31 PM

Mein Auto: '11 X3 xdrive35i
Are you buying from this same dealer? Please say no.
'06 330i (6MT, ZSP, ZPP) (retired)
Old 09-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Do,do not.There's no try

Mein Auto: 2007 335i, maxima
It's the law for the seller to disclose any accident on the car. Minor accidents to not need a dollar amount but still need to be disclosed to the purchaser.
Most dealers will even get you to sign a contract stating you are aware there has been previous damage. If you didn't sign anything like this you will most certainly
have a legal case.

good luck and don't let them intimidate you.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbuzzy View Post
Are you buying from this same dealer? Please say no.
my dad wont let me go and of course he was intimidated they denied everything. They are going to give him a *good* deal. And im going to get a G37.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:53 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 650 Coupe, 2015 M4
Glad to hear everything worked out for you but I can't say I'm surprised in the least bit, this type of behavior really reinforces the stereotypical Dealer we all hate and despise. I lived in Florida and I ran into this a lot over the years most Dealerships in Florida are full of thieves and liers.

2015, M4 Coupe, Alpine White, Black Nappa leather,
BMWCCA Member since 07/2008
Old 09-02-2009, 08:44 AM

Mein Auto: BMW's: E90 and F22
I managed to find a good dealer in Florida but I paid my dues before that.
2015 Alpine White 228i Coupe ("El Chapo") with Sport Line, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, FineLine Stream Wood Trim, Lighting Package, Driver Assistance Package and Track Handling Package and those wonderful non-runflat Michelin Pilot Super Sport Summer Tires.

Last edited by hpowders; 09-02-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elias View Post
Glad to hear everything worked out for you but I can't say I'm surprised in the least bit, this type of behavior really reinforces the stereotypical Dealer we all hate and despise. I lived in Florida and I ran into this a lot over the years most Dealerships in Florida are full of thieves and liers.
Sad but true, esp since BMW NA does nothing about this type of practice
Old 09-02-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Change now. We are going to try to get them to refund the full amount. They are not Calling back and are being to be rude to us.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Change now. We are going to try to get them to refund the full amount. They are not Calling back and are being to be rude to us.
That's a shocker
Keep us posted
Old 09-02-2009, 02:39 PM

Mein Auto: 01 330i 09K13GT 83R100RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Dump View Post
If it's got 6000 miles on it, it's definitely not new--regardless of what the dealer tells you.
I believe if it's never been titled, it's still new regardless of the mileage or in this case a "demo".
They can get their money back under the "fraudulent business practice". They have to stop driving right away until a lawyer has made a representation, asap.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3beemers View Post
I believe if it's never been titled, it's still new regardless of the mileage or in this case a "demo".
They can get their money back under the "fraudulent business practice". They have to stop driving right away until a lawyer has made a representation, asap.
My dad thinks they will do the right thing. I keep telling him they wont and we will get screwed.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3beemers View Post
What he said
Old 09-02-2009, 03:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 650 Coupe, 2015 M4
Quote:
My dad thinks they will do the right thing. I keep telling him they wont and we will get screwed.
Your Dad needs to listen to you, if they didn't do the right thing when you first bought the car what makes him think they will do the right thing now!

2015, M4 Coupe, Alpine White, Black Nappa leather,
BMWCCA Member since 07/2008
Old 09-02-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Your Dad needs to listen to you, if they didn't do the right thing when you first bought the car what makes him think they will do the right thing now!
The problem is he thingks too highly of people and think they will do the right thing. I tell him they wont all the time. And too always step it up.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
The problem is he thingks too highly of people and think they will do the right thing. I tell him they wont all the time. And too always step it up.
Even if you call BMW customer relations they will tell you the same lie's and hell even offer you a M3 swap, butt it won't happen.
Deny, delay, deny, delay until it's to late to do something about it or you just give up and go away is what will probably happen.
Sad to say but it's time to get a lawyer.
I have yet to see BMW NA, DE, etc do anything positive with a owners issues, be it with a car defect or crocked dealership, on this or any BMW forum unless you get a attorney involved.
There seems to be a pattern of BMW dealerships selling damaged or wrecked car's and it seems that BMW NA or DE does not care.
Let me quote my best friend that was with me for my horror story with my car last night after he read this thread.

"I read that other thread on the 328, I'm loosing faith quickly in BMW and most car dealers"

Last edited by xtremecruiser; 09-02-2009 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Badd spellerr
Old 09-02-2009, 07:59 PM

Update on the 328i

Took it today to a certified BMW body shop in West Palm Beach, FL. The owner took one look at the fender and wanted to put the car on the lift. 20 minutes later with a team of 3 guys looking at the car they determined the car was side-swiped at the level of the drivers door and fender. There was repairs made to the door, fender and front bumper. He showed me the blothces of red paint everywhere under the car and further damage to the drivers door. This car without a doubt was hit and with about $2,000 damage.

This probably explains the problems we have had with the car especially the pulling to the right when we drive.

I met with the dealer last night and they offered me $28,000 for the car after I paid $30,000 + tax, dealer fees and the other nonsense fees. 2 other dealers offered me the same $28,000 if I bought another car from them to replace it. The dealer said they know nothing about an accident and it is not in their records and the fender was not replaced desipite everyone saying it was.

I spoke today with BMW customer service for the 2nd time. He claims he is going to help me with this problem.

I test drove the M 3 last night and was willing to swap the car if the right deal was made to end this agony. The M3 is for my father. Surprisingly the dealer never called today to negotiate a deal on the swap. Another dealer though called and offered me $28,000 and the M 3 convertible at invoice to help me out and I did not even buy this car from him.

The car may have been a demo but was listed as new on all the paperwork I signed.

So that is the latest update and I am refraining to mention this dealership unless he does not do the right thing. So far there are 1000 views on this post. Thanks for the support.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:21 PM

Mein Auto: '06 M Roadster Imola/Blk
Quote:
I met with the dealer last night and they offered me $28,000 for the car after I paid $30,000 + tax, dealer fees and the other nonsense fees. 2 other dealers offered me the same $28,000 if I bought another car from them to replace it. The dealer said they know nothing about an accident and it is not in their records and the fender was not replaced desipite everyone saying it was.
The car was obviously in an accident(confirmed by TWO other places) and repaired and the best they will do is offer $28K for a car you paid $30K for a month ago? I would demand a full refund and tell them my lawyer and the local media will be the next 2 calls I make. Give them 24hrs to reply. I would certainly not buy another car at this dealership. These kinds of stories make me glad I did not go with a CPO car(and have no idea of its true history). Dealers can be so slimy sometimes. Can't believe they have the nerve to deny bodywork has been done on the car when it was their own demo...
Old 09-03-2009, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
The car was obviously in an accident(confirmed by TWO other places) and repaired and the best they will do is offer $28K for a car you paid $30K for a month ago? I would demand a full refund and tell them my lawyer and the local media will be the next 2 calls I make. Give them 24hrs to reply. I would certainly not buy another car at this dealership. These kinds of stories make me glad I did not go with a CPO car(and have no idea of its true history). Dealers can be so slimy sometimes. Can't believe they have the nerve to deny bodywork has been done on the car when it was their own demo...
This is the best part. They dont denie it they say it was fix but they dont know how so they say that can anything about it. my dad is waiting too long i keep tilling him.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search