Bought a demo 328 and turned out had an accident - Page 3 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-03-2009, 06:49 AM
Squeal like a BMW

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotallanswers View Post
Update on the 328i

Took it today to a certified BMW body shop in West Palm Beach, FL. The owner took one look at the fender and wanted to put the car on the lift. 20 minutes later with a team of 3 guys looking at the car they determined the car was side-swiped at the level of the drivers door and fender. There was repairs made to the door, fender and front bumper. He showed me the blothces of red paint everywhere under the car and further damage to the drivers door. This car without a doubt was hit and with about $2,000 damage.

This probably explains the problems we have had with the car especially the pulling to the right when we drive.

I met with the dealer last night and they offered me $28,000 for the car after I paid $30,000 + tax, dealer fees and the other nonsense fees. 2 other dealers offered me the same $28,000 if I bought another car from them to replace it. The dealer said they know nothing about an accident and it is not in their records and the fender was not replaced desipite everyone saying it was.

I spoke today with BMW customer service for the 2nd time. He claims he is going to help me with this problem.

I test drove the M 3 last night and was willing to swap the car if the right deal was made to end this agony. The M3 is for my father. Surprisingly the dealer never called today to negotiate a deal on the swap. Another dealer though called and offered me $28,000 and the M 3 convertible at invoice to help me out and I did not even buy this car from him.

The car may have been a demo but was listed as new on all the paperwork I signed.

So that is the latest update and I am refraining to mention this dealership unless he does not do the right thing. So far there are 1000 views on this post. Thanks for the support.
How long are you willing to wait for this to play out? Invoice for an M3 convertible is probably a pretty good deal (dunno, 2008 or 2009, with the options you want?) but I'd still feel a bit screwed by the original dealer and want a full refund to start negotiating fresh.

If you want to fight them you should stop talking to anyone verbally and begin all communication in writing, by certified mail, and copy BMWNA (sounds like you now have a contact there) on everything. State that without a quick resolution, your next step is a lawyer. Get written testaments from the independent shops that verified the state of the vehicle and photos from when it was on the lift (you've probably already done this). A BMW dealer has few excuses as to why they sold a car they didn't know had been wrecked (meaning they probably got it in a favorable trade and didn't even look, but again, ignorance is no excuse in this case).
Old 09-03-2009, 11:54 AM

Mein Auto: 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc_22 View Post
How long are you willing to wait for this to play out? Invoice for an M3 convertible is probably a pretty good deal (dunno, 2008 or 2009, with the options you want?) but I'd still feel a bit screwed by the original dealer and want a full refund to start negotiating fresh.

If you want to fight them you should stop talking to anyone verbally and begin all communication in writing, by certified mail, and copy BMWNA (sounds like you now have a contact there) on everything. State that without a quick resolution, your next step is a lawyer. Get written testaments from the independent shops that verified the state of the vehicle and photos from when it was on the lift (you've probably already done this). A BMW dealer has few excuses as to why they sold a car they didn't know had been wrecked (meaning they probably got it in a favorable trade and didn't even look, but again, ignorance is no excuse in this case).
Bmw "Coustermore service" said it is a problem between us and the dealer. As of now we are going to hire a lawyer and get this on the news and newspaper and probaly lemon it.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 08 335I vert
Quote:

BMW NA does not care, they know its happening and do nothing about it, seems like a pattern with BMW

Quote:
Bmw "Coustermore service" said it is a problem between us and the dealer. As of now we are going to hire a lawyer and get this on the news and newspaper and probaly lemon it.
That is what BMW NA does, they do not seem to care that dealerships commit fraud, misrepresentation, etc as long as they sell cars for the mother ship to strengthen the collective.
Customer service tells you what you want to hear just long enough to create doubt so you do not get a lawyer, it's a pattern.. I feel your pain since I have been dealing with the same thing for almost a year.
Time to lawyer up.

Last edited by xtremecruiser; 09-03-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Squeal like a BMW

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi A4
Quote:
I doubt you can lemon it since the car is not necessarily malfunctioning and affecting your ability to use it. A lawyer might get you satisfaction, or possibly more frustration.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:52 AM

Quote:
I doubt you can lemon it since the car is not necessarily malfunctioning and affecting your ability to use it. A lawyer might get you satisfaction, or possibly more frustration.
lemon law is still applying since more then 3% of the car was damaged when bought
Old 09-04-2009, 07:12 PM

It's a shame that customer relations for BMW has become the laughing stock of the automotive industry and that their dealerships have become flim flam artists
Old 09-04-2009, 08:22 PM

Update #3

My wife finally got a hold of the GM of the dealership. Their final offer is to credit up the full value of what we paid fo rthe 328i toward a new BMW M 3 for myself at $1000 over invoice and he will waive the dealer fee on the new car since we paid the dealer fee on the 328i. The invoice according to Edmunds and KBB on the M 3 is $70,435 for a MSRP of $76,475.

This sounds fair and we get out of this car. Any thoughts?
Old 09-04-2009, 08:52 PM

Mein Auto: 335 coupe
Gosh, that's a shame. I had a demo that had an accident that was not disclosed to me as well when i leased the car. I only discovered it when i took it to a local dealer and they ran some paint scanner and noticed that the paint was not original BMW paint. I didnt discover this though until very end of my lease and i turned the car back in and bought a new 335 coupe via ED. So the same thing happened to me sort of but i did not really have to deal with the consequences since i returned the car at lease end. I would go to the GM of the dealer and explain it and how unhappy you are and that you are going to complain to BMW and see what they say.... I guess the way they get around it is that if the accident is not documented ( they fix it themselves ) and there was no insurance claim, then maybe legally they dont have to disclose it..but i dont know. I think i would post this question in the Ask a Dealer section, you may get better responses... Hopefully you will get some good resolution to this.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Update #3

My wife finally got a hold of the GM of the dealership. Their final offer is to credit up the full value of what we paid fo rthe 328i toward a new BMW M 3 for myself at $1000 over invoice and he will waive the dealer fee on the new car since we paid the dealer fee on the 328i. The invoice according to Edmunds and KBB on the M 3 is $70,435 for a MSRP of $76,475.

This sounds fair and we get out of this car. Any thoughts?
Pass on that, get your money back and buy from another dealer, better deals out there on 09 M3's
Old 09-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Zero. Leaks.

Mein Auto: 02 330i 6MT
jeez, sorry to hear about that crap. Call the local new right now. I mean every station and show them that that dealer are crooks. Raise hell my friend, raise hell.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:03 PM

Get a lawyer unless they return all your money

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search