Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 87 alfa romeo, 09 328i MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpowders View Post
T

The kicker was after the battery was replaced and I was about to drive off, the SA had the nerve to approach me and begged me to give him all"5"'s on the survey. I not only didnt do that, I changed dealerships and bought my 328i at a competitor BMW dealership. I am very happy now at my new BMW place.
Man, they do that to me too.....Gees!!!

""if you give me 5's it will help tremendously", etc etc. What a nerve, man. Pretty low i say, when you gotta beg/bribe for a high score. Its evidently a universal language at the dealerships, to "strongly suggest" what to rate them. I would not be surprised if the higher ups arent smart to that routine, eh?
Old 09-11-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_GAL View Post
I bring my SA coffee
Bringin people coffee is more important than many people think, you know. You will go far, Girl.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 335i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippo View Post
Bringin people coffee is more important than many people think, you know. You will go far, Girl.
Its just a nice little gesture Last time I brought him a Red Bull haa haa

2009 335i Coupe, Titanium Silver Metallic, Coral Red Dakota Leather, Gray Poplar trim, Premium package and Sports package with 19s.

Previously Owned: 2006 Audi A4 S-Line Quattro with all the belles and whistles and a B5 Imola Yellow Audi S4
Old 09-11-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
"Nice gesture", hmmmm (scratching 3 day old beard stubble), kinda a rare thing to see these days. Keep up the attitude, gal, hopefully it may become contagious to the public at large.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 328i
I was in for the 30,000 check on Tuesday this week at Rusnak and there was a lady in the cubicle next to the one I was at arguing up a storm with the SA. She said that her stereo would sometimes just go blank for no reason and would sometimes take more than a day before it would work again. The SA proceeded to ask her what phone she was using and she said a Blackberry Tour. The SA proceeded to tell her that that was what was wrong and brought up a screen on his computer that shows only approved phones. She was really pissed.

Well it turns out she was in the van with me that takes people to wherever they need to go. She told the problem occurred long before she got the Tour. She had just waited for a scheduled service to bring it up. She said the SA was very insistent that she damaged the car by using the Tour.

I recommended that she deletes the phone from the iDrive and go to a different dealer and never mention anything about what phone she is using.

I see this crap every time I visit a local dealer. This is the one thing that ruins the overall BMW experience for me. They act as if their s%&t doesn't stink.
Retired 05 545i
Old 09-11-2009, 05:09 PM
I'd rather be driving!

Mein Auto: 09 328i Coupe
Quote:
Was that a small nudge to get him to "fly" over and get your car finished quicker? LOL Well played Ma'am

The others are right, I think everyone, consumer and merchants, can be a little more considerate, and the overall world would be a nicer place.

Why do I suddenly feel like hugging a tree?

Seriously, it is a respect thing, respect others, they respect you. Therefore don't assume the customer is an idiot and they won't assume the merchant is a lying scumball just after your money. Just my .02 LOL

2009 328i Coupe / Space Grey Metallic / Coral Red Leather / M sport package / Glacier Alu Trim / 6 MT / CA / Nav / iPod / Phone integration / Logic 7 Audio / Cold Weather
Old 09-11-2009, 05:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to dannyc9997
Mein Auto: 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by invariant View Post
I brought my car in for a scheduled maintenance and just heard a service adviser telling a customer over the phone that her car's problem with excessive battery drain was caused by short trips and partially by... using an unapproved bluetooth cell phone! "Well, you know, if it is not a BMW approved phone, it may cause all kinds of electrical problems, including increased power drain"

What's next? Using non-RFT tires may cause all kinds of electrical problems via TPMS??? What a joke.
The service advisor does not make the diagnosis

He is simply following the script he has been given.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:35 PM

Mein Auto: BMW's: E90 and F22
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippo View Post
Man, they do that to me too.....Gees!!!

""if you give me 5's it will help tremendously", etc etc. What a nerve, man. Pretty low i say, when you gotta beg/bribe for a high score. Its evidently a universal language at the dealerships, to "strongly suggest" what to rate them. I would not be surprised if the higher ups arent smart to that routine, eh?
Here's my script that I follow: This scenario to be used on all SA's who try to cheat me and then wimp out and beg me for all "5''s in the survey:

I look him square in the eye, windows open, wind blowing from my tank-shirted armpits right at his ugly mug for maximum nauseating effect, takek a swig of Jack Daniels, spit it out at the pathetic dude's feet and slur, "there ain't no way, Jose" regardless of the SA dude's ethnicity and then burn some rubber leaving the pathetic dude eating dust.
2015 Alpine White 228i Coupe ("El Chapo") with Sport Line, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, FineLine Stream Wood Trim, Lighting Package, Driver Assistance Package and Track Handling Package and those wonderful non-runflat Michelin Pilot Super Sport Summer Tires.

Last edited by hpowders; 09-12-2009 at 06:36 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:46 PM
I'd rather be driving!

Quote:
I looked him square in the eye, windows open, wind blowing from my tank-shirted armpits right at his ugly mug, for maximum nauseating effect, took a swig of Jack Daniels, spit it out at the pathetic dude's feet and slurred, "there ain't no way, Jose" even though the guy was a white dude.
Nice!!

2009 328i Coupe / Space Grey Metallic / Coral Red Leather / M sport package / Glacier Alu Trim / 6 MT / CA / Nav / iPod / Phone integration / Logic 7 Audio / Cold Weather
Old 09-11-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blief View Post
Nice!!
Hamarrabi said it best, "an eye for an eye". They screw you, ya shouldn't have to wimper away and take it.

For those of you who do not have printers because your monthly lease payments are too high, I can send a script to you for $2.00 plus Fed Ex overnight. Make sure you have health insurance before trying. Some SA's may have emotional issues and could strike back if you don't burn rubber fast enough! Let's see what's in the glass tonight. Ah. Boodle's. Nice!
2015 Alpine White 228i Coupe ("El Chapo") with Sport Line, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, FineLine Stream Wood Trim, Lighting Package, Driver Assistance Package and Track Handling Package and those wonderful non-runflat Michelin Pilot Super Sport Summer Tires.

Last edited by hpowders; 09-12-2009 at 06:35 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:58 PM
I'd rather be driving!

Quote:
Hammarabi said it best, "an eye for an eye". They screw you, ya shouldn't have to wimper away and take it.
In that case, I totally agree...here is the conversation:

SA:

Me:

SA:

Me:

SA:

Me:

SA:

Me:

SA:

Me: Have a nice day

Sorry was feeling a little smilie happy LOL

Old 09-11-2009, 07:00 PM

Nothing to apologize for. That actually is quite funny. The Boodle's enables me to see the fine nuances I might otherwise miss.

Actually there were two professions I had my heart set on:

1. Being a shepherd

2. Working closely with Emoticons

Oh well, maybe in the next life.

Last edited by hpowders; 09-11-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:15 PM
I'd rather be driving!

Quote:
Nothing to apologize for. That actually is quite funny. The Boodle's enables me to see the fine nuances I might otherwise miss.

Actually there were two professions I had my heart set on:

1. Being a shepherd

2. Working closely with Emoticons

Oh well, maybe in the next life.

There is still time my friend, all you have to do is find some Emoticons down on their luck and you are in there!

Old 09-11-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:

There is still time my friend, all you have to do is find some Emoticons down on their luck and you are in there!
The only ones that interest me remind me of the movie "Lost Weekend" with the late, great Jack Lemmon.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:35 PM
I'd rather be driving!

Quote:
The only ones that interest me remind me of the movie "Lost Weekend" with the late, great Jack Lemmon.
LOL gotta be honest, had to look that one up...if I understand you correctly perhaps you will find the ones you are looking for at the local emoticon AA group?

Old 09-11-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
LOL gotta be honest, had to look that one up...if I understand you correctly perhaps you will find the ones you are looking for at the local emoticon AA group?
I will look into it, thanks.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 335i E93
Quote:
I always stop by the Starbucks and get him a caramel frappacino, its just right next door and its a nice refreshment than the standard coffees they're used to everyday You're nice to them, they'll be nice to you
Our dealership (Checkered Flag, Virginia Beach) has a really nice cappucino/latte/espresso maker on the showroom floor. I thought that was must have been standard issue, but I guess not.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:59 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: 335i
what a joke..

BMW CREE LED ANGEL EYES ALL BMW MODELS MTEC V3 V4 DTEC V7 V8 V9 V10 V11 V12 V13 RGB V14 NO ERROR
BMW ACCESSORIES and PARTS
BMW LED INTERIOR KITS ALL BMW MODELS
please PM/Email us for Bimmerfest member BMW discount/combo pricing
info@e92-lighting.com "e90post5" for 5% off as the promo code at checkout
Old 09-12-2009, 11:15 AM

Deleted.

Last edited by hpowders; 09-12-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Leave gun. Take Canoli.

Mein Auto: YMB M4, Jeep Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Our dealership (Checkered Flag, Virginia Beach) has a really nice cappucino/latte/espresso maker on the showroom floor. I thought that was must have been standard issue, but I guess not.
My dealership had one of those machines where you pick your flavor and put the little packet into the machine and it makes your coffee. It was nice, but its since been replaced by packets of instant coffee and hot chocolate.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Leave gun. Take Canoli.

With my last car, the first time I brought it in the SA put my key in the reader and proceeded to tell me that the key was dead since I'd never put it in the car and that I need to do that periodically to charge it. In reality the case was, it seemed dead since nothing was apparently coming up infowise from the key since it had never been in the car. Apparently he didn't know that the car doesn't charge the key but that you just have to put it in to get its info updated.

On another visit I realized that my passenger mirror wasn't going down when I put the car in reverse. I showed the SA while I was there getting something done and he said they could keep the car for another day and look into it. Thankfully I did some research and realized that I just had the mirror switch in the wrong position.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Just installed JB3.Vroom!

Mein Auto: 2011 535i-Black on Black
That's funny about the all 5's thing.. I'm surprised they are allowed to ask for that. It's such a desperate gesture. I think I may play with them a little on the next trip in, make them sweat a little. The last one actually said to me:
"If you don't give me all 5's, I will get fired. Please don't do that to me"
Sad and weird..
Old 09-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Leave gun. Take Canoli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyJames View Post
That's funny about the all 5's thing.. I'm surprised they are allowed to ask for that. It's such a desperate gesture. I think I may play with them a little on the next trip in, make them sweat a little. The last one actually said to me:
"If you don't give me all 5's, I will get fired. Please don't do that to me"
Sad and weird..
Wow, that's pretty sad that he'd actually tell you that. I'd tell someone about that conversation. Its pretty sad that he'd stoop to the level of wanting you to give him 5s out of pity.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Squeal like a BMW

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi A4
I get an email from the center I use (Global in Atlanta) with a link to the survey. While I thought the service was fine, there was a little dirt left on the driver door panel which I quickly wiped off myself (happy to have my car back, and I keep microfiber in the glovebox for quick cleanups). I mentioned it in the comments section of the survey and the SA called me the next business day asking if there was anything they could do (I said no big deal - did it myself). Just this gesture to follow-up was great to me, and demonstrates how much they worry about the surveys. I try not to burn bridges because at the end of the day I rely on them to keep my car in good working order - so far they've given me no reason not to give them good reviews. I bought my car elsewhere but they are so close to where I work I have to use them for service and have been pretty pleased. My brakes still squeak a low speeds but this is a low-rent grocery getting sedan, not a sports coupe.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Skjoni's Dad

Mein Auto: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snareman View Post
With my last car, the first time I brought it in the SA put my key in the reader and proceeded to tell me that the key was dead since I'd never put it in the car and that I need to do that periodically to charge it. In reality the case was, it seemed dead since nothing was apparently coming up infowise from the key since it had never been in the car. Apparently he didn't know that the car doesn't charge the key but that you just have to put it in to get its info updated.

On another visit I realized that my passenger mirror wasn't going down when I put the car in reverse. I showed the SA while I was there getting something done and he said they could keep the car for another day and look into it. Thankfully I did some research and realized that I just had the mirror switch in the wrong position.
i thought the keyfob was charged by the car. Are you sure it's not?

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search