Some service advisers are so full of it... - Page 3 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Zero. Leaks.

Mein Auto: 02 330i 6MT
OP, and what happened during your cars service that day?
Old 09-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Squeal like a BMW

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
i thought the keyfob was charged by the car. Are you sure it's not?
If you have comfort access, it's not rechargeable - you have to replace the battery.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Skjoni's Dad

Mein Auto: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc_22 View Post
If you have comfort access, it's not rechargeable - you have to replace the battery.
ok. I don't have CA. Thanks.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Leave gun. Take Canoli.

Mein Auto: YMB M4, Jeep Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
i thought the keyfob was charged by the car. Are you sure it's not?
I'm 93.7% sure its not. Maybe someone else can confirm.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E93-35 May08 ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snareman View Post
I'm 93.7% sure its not. Maybe someone else can confirm.
Correct, CA keyfobs have a simple battery.
E93-35 ED 5/2/08 completed 16:20.
Montego/Jade Gray, Gray Poplar trim, Step w/Paddles, PP, SP, CA, Heated Seats & iPod. 24-mth lease with 19,250 mi/yr. Re-delivery 6/20/08 (1st day of summer); 7-wks total.
[/SIZE]

De-badged 330xi/Mystic Blue/Gray Leather/Alumin. trim/Auto/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seat/alarm. ED date 11/14/05 and redelivery completed 1/14/06. Sold to Carmax 6/7/08 w/ 50,650 miles on the clock
Old 09-12-2009, 08:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
OP, and what happened during your cars service that day?
Nothing happened really. I was just dropping off my car, and the SA got a call and was answering it.

BTW, on an unrelated note, my close friend had his brakes serviced there recently and then lost his brakes on the highway. He managed to get back to them, and they gave him a voucher for the next free service. So some of the techs are not paying attention there all the time too
Old 09-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Zero. Leaks.

Mein Auto: 02 330i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by invariant View Post
BTW, on an unrelated note, my close friend had his brakes serviced there recently and then lost his brakes on the highway. He managed to get back to them, and they gave him a voucher for the next free service. So some of the techs are not paying attention there all the time too
Time to change dealer.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:17 PM

Mein Auto: '07 328xiT
Quote:
Wow, that's pretty sad that he'd actually tell you that. I'd tell someone about that conversation. Its pretty sad that he'd stoop to the level of wanting you to give him 5s out of pity.
The fact is that their compensation is greatly affected by the ratings they get. One would think that should be enough incentive to do a good job.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:37 AM
Leave gun. Take Canoli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invariant View Post
Nothing happened really. I was just dropping off my car, and the SA got a call and was answering it.

Yikes!! You almost kill yourself on the highway and all you get is a free service??? What happened with your brakes that you lost them?
Old 09-13-2009, 03:38 AM
Leave gun. Take Canoli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredric View Post
The fact is that their compensation is greatly affected by the ratings they get. One would think that should be enough incentive to do a good job.
Right, I know they have money tied into them, but don't be so pathetic as to make me give you 5s out of pity. Like you said, use it to motivate you to do a good job. And if something goes bad then there is that service recovery thing to try.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:00 PM

Mein Auto: BMW's: E90 and F22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexanderlt View Post
I really think it is about finding the right SA. Some of them are there just to rip you off and others are there to actually help. The thing I've noticed is every time I go to my local bmw dealership, there is never the same SA's there. There was one that I really liked that was there for about 6 months.. That's the longest I've seen one.

I also think with the economy the way it is every company is stepping up in customer service and I think SA's have gotten better at my local bmw. Probably a year ago I went into the dealership and I felt so mistreated and that they were only there to rip me off and when I went in a week ago it was the complete opposite. There the nicest people ever.
I changed dealerships recently and have had a much better service experience at my new place. Glad I changed. It makes a big difference.
2015 Alpine White 228i Coupe ("El Chapo") with Sport Line, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, FineLine Stream Wood Trim, Lighting Package, Driver Assistance Package and Track Handling Package and those wonderful non-runflat Michelin Pilot Super Sport Summer Tires.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest!

Mein Auto: 07 335i Sedan
It's my pet peeve that the SA at my dealership keeps insisting that my CA fob is rechargeable. This was after he has been told that it isn't. When I stood my ground saying that it was not rechargeable, his response was that part of the fob was powered by a regular battery, and part was rechargeable, and that I should just insert the fob in the slot once a week to keep it going. You're right, that the worse part is this condescending way they let you know that they think you don't know what you are talking about.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddtan View Post
It's my pet peeve that the SA at my dealership keeps insisting that my CA fob is rechargeable. This was after he has been told that it isn't. When I stood my ground saying that it was not rechargeable, his response was that part of the fob was powered by a regular battery, and part was rechargeable, and that I should just insert the fob in the slot once a week to keep it going. You're right, that the worse part is this condescending way they let you know that they think you don't know what you are talking about.
I had some bad experiences like you had at my former dealer-they claimed a very weak battery was due to my "driving style." That was a lot of BS since I drove the vehicle almost every day and didn't baby it. They must have thought I was an idiot and would accept that. I complained to BMWNA and got a free replacement battery. On top of that, they expected me to pay for a Chevy Impala loaner at the Avis concession the BMW dealer had there, even though I leased the car through them.

They lost my business and I bought my 2007 CPO 328i elsewhere and they gave me a free 328i loaner when I brought the car in for its first service and told me I didn't even have to replace the gas, but I did because they were very nice people. What a difference!

The new dealer is about 10 miles more of a drive but is well worth it. The SA even called me to set up a free maintenance appointment. I never even had to call. The old dealer never called me for anything.
2015 Alpine White 228i Coupe ("El Chapo") with Sport Line, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, FineLine Stream Wood Trim, Lighting Package, Driver Assistance Package and Track Handling Package and those wonderful non-runflat Michelin Pilot Super Sport Summer Tires.

Last edited by hpowders; 09-13-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Yikes!! You almost kill yourself on the highway and all you get is a free service??? What happened with your brakes that you lost them?
It was not mine but my friend's 325 E90. He said they apologized and said that they just got a new machine for brake fluid flushing and somehow didn't properly bleed the brakes. I think (my speculation) that it was not true, and that they just didn't tighten some screw, and the fluid drained out. He lost his brakes the next day, not just when he drove off the dealer's lot.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Time to change dealer.
Things like that can happen everywhere, and I don't want to freak out and change a dealer immediately as long as they make correcting actions and it doesn't not become a trend.

My former colleague went to one of Jeep dealerships for service (changing differential fluid), and they forgot to refill. His differential went kaboom when he drove off the lot. They replaced it with a new unit. I do agree though that I wouldn't go there again unless they somehow guaranteed/demonstrated that their service is otherwise top notch and things like that wouldn't happen again.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:30 AM

Mein Auto: 07 335i E90
Well, short trips only will wear the battery down. The manual even says so. But bluetooth? WTF? It draws what....maybe a watt, max....and only while you're driving. The little battery in my phone can keep the phone with bluetooth running for 3 or 4 days! How long does the battery in a bluetooth earpiece last?
Old 09-14-2009, 10:14 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2016 M3 SO ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpowders View Post
Wow! That's a bit much.
She didn't mention the coffee she brings him is from the complimentary coffee given at the dealerships.
My Drive Style

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:15 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 335i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
She didn't mention the coffee she brings him is from the complimentary coffee given at the dealerships.
You're pulling a furball...it said the coffee comes from STARBUCKS!!!

2009 335i Coupe, Titanium Silver Metallic, Coral Red Dakota Leather, Gray Poplar trim, Premium package and Sports package with 19s.

Previously Owned: 2006 Audi A4 S-Line Quattro with all the belles and whistles and a B5 Imola Yellow Audi S4
Old 09-14-2009, 10:23 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post

I suggest you guys get to know your SAs...You'll learn a lot about how the business works. They're not all idiots, and most of them are actually quite knowledgeable, but since they deal with the uninformed all day long, most of the time it's just easier to just assume the lowest common denominator.
BMW Mainline (Don Rosen) - My SA is great and will work with me. I like him. The technicians are smart and take their time to explain things. They encourage me to ask questions, and question their answers.

BMW Freehold - great sales staff (where I bought my car). Since it's far from me (2.5 hours) I don't fix my car there - but they have offered to come to my house and pick up my car That's a total of 10 hours of driving, two cars and two people they are willing to spend to fix my car on any issue!!! They will then leave me the car they used to drive down (rental/loaner). Talk about WANTING your business.

BMW Union Park - won't give you a free loaner unless you buy from them (only dealership in the area that does that). I have bought oil from their service department - and they are friendly and seem knowlegeable. I just wouldn't buy a car from them due to their free loaner policy.
My Drive Style

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:27 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Wow, that's pretty sad that he'd actually tell you that. I'd tell someone about that conversation. Its pretty sad that he'd stoop to the level of wanting you to give him 5s out of pity.
I'd say he was trying to guilt him more then pity. Pity is "i got fired, feel bad for me". Guilt is "if you do this, I will get fired. It's your fault my sick grandmother and quadropolegic kid won't eat or get christmas presents"
My Drive Style

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-14-2009, 10:28 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_GAL View Post
You're pulling a furball...it said the coffee comes from STARBUCKS!!!
Uh-huh. yearightsuretellmeanotherone
My Drive Style

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-14-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
I am for anything that stimulates better BMW service, even if it comes down to showing a bit of skin. Desperate BMW owners call for desperate measures.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search