OFFICIAL E46 Off Topic Thread - Page 44 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 04-29-2016, 10:55 PM

Mein Auto:
OFFICIAL E46 Off Topic Thread

Should have changed it to my wife be like. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1461995700.461812.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	395.7 KB
ID:	561350

Last edited by Jm1877; 05-02-2016 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:37 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 330ci SMG
My car thinks it's -40°anytime it rains.....

Any time I drive in the rain or wash my car my external temperature drops to -40 and beeps. Where is this sensor I can't find it.
Old 05-28-2016, 10:49 AM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
The Assassin

The CIA had an opening for an assassin. After all of the background checks, interviews, and testing were done there were three finalists: two men and a woman.

For the final test, the CIA agents took one of the men to a large metal door and handed him a gun.

"We must know that you will follow your instructions, no matter what the circumstances. Inside this room, you will find your wife sitting in a chair. Kill her!"

The man said, "You can't be serious. I could never shoot my wife." The agent said, "Then you're not the right man for this job."

The second man was given the same instructions. He took the gun and went into the room. All was quiet for about five minutes. Then the man came out with tears in his eyes."I tried, but I can't kill my wife." The agent said, "You don't have what it takes. Take your wife and go home."

Finally, it was the woman's turn. She was given the same instructions to kill her husband. She took the gun and went into the room. Shots were heard, one shot after another. The the agents heard screaming, crashing, and banging on the walls. After a few minutes, all was quiet. The door opened slowly and there stood the woman.

She wiped the sweat from her brow, and said, "This gun is loaded with blanks. I had to beat him to death with the chair."

*Please support the Disabled American Veterans*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Old 06-11-2016, 01:45 PM
Keeping it surreal

A man calls 911....

and says "I think my wife is dead." The operator says, "How do you know?"

The man says, "Well, the sex is about the same, but the ironing is piling up!"

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Old 06-16-2016, 08:28 PM
Keeping it surreal

Joke du Jour

An elderly couple in their 70s were planning to get married.

She said "I want to keep my house !"
He said "OK, fine with me"

She said "I want to keep my Cadillac !"
He said "OK, fine with me"

She said "I want to have sex 6 times a week !"
He said "OK....put me down for Fridays"

Old 08-08-2016, 11:14 AM
BVSEDAVERY

Mein Auto: 2000 323Ci Convertible
New Owner!! Will have my 323ci on Friday and couldn't be more excited to join the community
Old 08-08-2016, 02:36 PM
Keeping it surreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvsedavery View Post
New Owner!! Will have my 323ci on Friday and couldn't be more excited to join the community
Welcome aboard....congrats on the new ride, I hope it treats you well !

Old 08-09-2016, 05:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E36 M3(euro),E39,E46
Is this anyone around here.??...lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1470747216873.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	572791  
Old 09-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Keeping it surreal

Joke du Jour (Just another fish story)

The game warden spots Joe walking down the road with an ice chest. He pulls over, looks in the ice chest, and sees 5 or 6 trout. "Can I see your fishin' license, please?" asks the warden. "I ain't been fishin'" says Joe.

"Then what do you call them?" the warden asks, pointing to the trout. Joe answers, "Them's my pet trout. I keep them in a trough alongside the barn., Once every two weeks or so, I take them down to the pond and let them swim around. After awhile, I call them back, they git in the ice chest, and I take them home."

"You expect me to believe that story?" asks the warden. "Follow me - I'll show you", says Joe as he heads back to the pond. They walk up to the edge of the water, Joe opens the lid, and tips the ice chest on it's side so the trout can get in the pond. He puts the lid back on, sits down, and lights his pipe. After about 10 minutes, the warden asks, "So, when are you going to call the fish back?"

Joe looks at him, smiles, and says, "What fish?"

Old 04-13-2017, 09:18 PM

Mein Auto: '04 e46 Touring M-Sport
Picked from ebay...

"T04E T3/T4 Internal Turbo Kits for 2001-2006 BMW325i/325xi/325Ci E46 V6 Engine"

V6? Why should i believe anything you say?
Old 04-25-2017, 04:34 PM

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 325i
Game is over

Volcano Red • M3 Bumpers, Fenders, Quarter panels • 19" 8.5ET35 225/35 | 9.5ET35 255/30 • Custom Quad Exhaust • Good old M54
Old 05-06-2017, 05:14 AM

Mein Auto: 04 318i
318I will not start

Can any one help
My 04 318I lost power today while I was driving along the road, so I pulled in and turned it off
I tried to start it again but just kept turning over and won't start.
A EML light is on along with traction control light and engine light..
What could the problem be
Thanks
Old 05-14-2017, 11:37 AM

Again only one e46.

No more M43-4cylinder e46. That damn thing tried everything.. even ABS-ASC lights on when buyer test driving car, so i had to lower price, but either way i'm off the hook now and can focus on my new M54 Touring.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:19 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 BMW 330ci
Looks like your on your way to a good clean recovery sista! Good Luck!
Old 06-24-2017, 05:55 AM

Mein Auto: -
BMWs have always been my dream car. Recently, I have been considering trying to achieve my dream by buying a used 2003-2006 3 (I'm not sure about which models). I have seen a few reasonable deals (e.g. 2003 BMW 320i , 160,000 kms offered for $4500 Cdn $) but I get nervous about the potential repair costs. I've read a fair deal about the unfortunate and extensive use of plastic components that tend to fail. Last thing I want is the dream turning into an expensive nightmare. Anyone want to allay my anxieties (or reinforce them :-)). I'm open to ANY suggestions. Thx all ~ Ian

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest
Old 06-24-2017, 06:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 328i M-Sport
They are very expensive to maintain so unless you enjoy working on the car as a hobby, best to buy something newer.

2015 328i / M Sport / Alpine White / Coral Red / 4 DR / 6 MT / Rear Camera + PDC / Xenons / DHP / 63K+ Miles / Bought 10-30-2014
Old 06-24-2017, 07:30 AM

Hey ispgrew,
I've owned chevy trucks, ford trucks, broncos, Toyota Camry s, and I recently bought a BMW 2001 convertible 330ci with 118,000 miles, I paid $3250. On eBay for it. I thought I got a good deal. However, I never owened a German car before. I quickly learned at the dealer mechanic rates are $200. Hour, so I resorted to plan B,
The car looked very nice in the pictures. My bad for not inspecting it thoroughly prior to purchase. The car had three dings on passenger rear quarter panel and one on the driver door, dent wizard, $150. All good now, the battery went dead in one week, I thought it was an old used battery so I replaced it with new battery $137. All good, so I thought one week later the new battery was dead, I took it to a bmW certified mechanic works out of his house cheaper than the dealer, anyway he charged 150. To check what was draining the batertry. He disconnected a cable that was unknown to the car and said .08 was normal draw on BMW, I thought the problem was fixed, three days later battery dead again, he checked it out again for free and said a bike rack Light connection was drawing the amps, my new battery went dead again and under warranttee was replaced, 2 weeks later the second new battery went dead, back again to to shop he said the radio has a iPod cable that is drawing the battery down, he is still working on this problem,
In the meantime the convertible top looks new but water gets a not the trunk when it rains heavy, the car makes a clunk sound when shifting into reverse, I changed the geibo $200. Plus the part 135. Still makes the noise, I discovered under the car a few oil spots so I needed to change the oil pan gasket, 85. For the gasket, but labor to get to the pan was 600. The suspension has to be dropped to access the oil pan. I changed the oil with synthetic blend plus filer 60. And did it my self, I changed all the coolant because it uses BMW blue and it had Prestone green, it's 26. A gallon it takes two plus $80. For Mechanic to change it. Over all the car is difficult to work on because the engineering car design is not easy to access all of the parts. My check engine light came on and he says the code had been reset to silence it only, the Crank case vacuum hoses need to be replaced or the code will keep turning on, those hoses are 137. Genuine BMW part, you can get China made parts cheaper but then if problems arise there not guaranteed by the mechanic, for example if the codes come back on, it's not a genuine part. My man, I'm well over 5 k and still have issues with this cute looking convertible, buyer be ware!!! I just do not think there worth it! Good Luck!!
Old 06-24-2017, 08:39 AM

Spending money on repairs is not a hobby, going topless to the keys with a beer, and big ******* is a hobby,
Old 06-24-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_clueless View Post
They are very expensive to maintain so unless you enjoy working on the car as a hobby, best to buy something newer.

Thanks mr_clueless. As I feared...based on my readings

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest mobile app
Old 06-24-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimtec View Post
Hey ispgrew,
I've owned chevy trucks, ford trucks, broncos, Toyota Camry s, and I recently bought a BMW 2001 convertible 330ci with 118,000 miles, I paid $3250. On eBay for it. I thought I got a good deal. However, I never owened a German car before. I quickly learned at the dealer mechanic rates are $200. Hour, so I resorted to plan B,
The car looked very nice in the pictures. My bad for not inspecting it thoroughly prior to purchase. The car had three dings on passenger rear quarter panel and one on the driver door, dent wizard, $150. All good now, the battery went dead in one week, I thought it was an old used battery so I replaced it with new battery $137. All good, so I thought one week later the new battery was dead, I took it to a bmW certified mechanic works out of his house cheaper than the dealer, anyway he charged 150. To check what was draining the batertry. He disconnected a cable that was unknown to the car and said .08 was normal draw on BMW, I thought the problem was fixed, three days later battery dead again, he checked it out again for free and said a bike rack Light connection was drawing the amps, my new battery went dead again and under warranttee was replaced, 2 weeks later the second new battery went dead, back again to to shop he said the radio has a iPod cable that is drawing the battery down, he is still working on this problem,
In the meantime the convertible top looks new but water gets a not the trunk when it rains heavy, the car makes a clunk sound when shifting into reverse, I changed the geibo $200. Plus the part 135. Still makes the noise, I discovered under the car a few oil spots so I needed to change the oil pan gasket, 85. For the gasket, but labor to get to the pan was 600. The suspension has to be dropped to access the oil pan. I changed the oil with synthetic blend plus filer 60. And did it my self, I changed all the coolant because it uses BMW blue and it had Prestone green, it's 26. A gallon it takes two plus $80. For Mechanic to change it. Over all the car is difficult to work on because the engineering car design is not easy to access all of the parts. My check engine light came on and he says the code had been reset to silence it only, the Crank case vacuum hoses need to be replaced or the code will keep turning on, those hoses are 137. Genuine BMW part, you can get China made parts cheaper but then if problems arise there not guaranteed by the mechanic, for example if the codes come back on, it's not a genuine part. My man, I'm well over 5 k and still have issues with this cute looking convertible, buyer be ware!!! I just do not think there worth it! Good Luck!!

Thanks Bimtec for sharing your story - what a sh*t show you're having...with a battery! Yikes...this is EXACTLY the kind of thing that gets me worried about the IDEA of buying a bimmer!

Old 06-24-2017, 12:19 PM

Mein Auto: E36 M3(euro),E39,E46
Owned several of Bavarias Finest for 17 years, (E30, E36, M3, Z3, E46,E39) and must say that my overall experiences have been very positive and every car has been a joy to own, drive and take care of.... Never had a transmission failure or engine break down but have had my fair share of overheating instances due to corossion of components.
Of course I've also had to deal with crank sensor failures, guibo changes, rad leaks, failing engine mounts etc but all expected when running sport/lux cars and enjoying them.
Bmw's are not Toyota's, they're built and designed to offer an exceptional driving experience in comfort but high performance comes at a higher cost of purchase and maintenance...

Last edited by Dio///M; 06-25-2017 at 02:52 AM.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:26 AM

Mein Auto: E46
This is how my 320Cd sounds with a Straight pipe exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
Old 06-25-2017, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dio///M View Post
Owned several of Bavarias Finest for 17 years, (E30, E36, M3, Z3, E46,E39) and must say that my overall experiences have been very positive and every car has been a joy to own, drive and take care of.... Never had a transmission failure or engine break down but have had my fair share of overheating instances due to corossion of components.
Of course I've also had to deal with crank sensor failures, guibo changes, rad leaks, failing engine mounts etc but all expected when running sport/lux cars and enjoying them.
Bmw's are not Toyota's, they're built and designed to offer an exceptional driving experience in comfort but high performance comes at a higher cost of purchase and maintenance...

Thanks Dio///M - agreed, bimmers are not Hondas or Mazda's or Toyotas. I've owned all of those makes :-)

Old 06-25-2017, 11:41 PM

Choosing oil is bit like choosing beer, there can be more than one good choice, but you will find your favorite when you search. If you think they are all the same, then it only means you know nothing about them.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:37 AM

Irg122,
If your oil comparison is to choosing a BMW then sadly your clever remark is as lame as your brain. Oil, beer, BMWs and women do not cost the same. It means you know nothing about them.

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
-*nga*-

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)
Today's Posts Search